Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Barry Larkin to the Hall of Fame

Adopted Bronco:

I grew up going to Orioles and Phillies games and saw both sides. Hence why I'm good either way...

...assuming the pitchers give a damn about hitting. If they did, then there wouldnt be a need for the double switch or the pinch hitter.

Especially nowadays where pitching dominates

Bring back steroids! I want to see nine weightlifters mashing. I miss those 18-16 five-hour AL games. Pitching, strategy and finesse are for loooosers.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

3. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

I grew up as a pitcher and say that it is part of the game.

I hate the fake numbers of the DH. I like double switches and strategy and seeing a manager have to think about lifting his pitcher in a 2-2 game in the 7th inning.

Just my take, far from gospel. I hate the games like orangehoof said. The fake games. It is not slowpitch softball. Teams that have the best pitching usually win, with a few exeptions.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Again...id be all for pitchers hitting...if they could. Screw the drama in the 7th. Its not worth it if I have to watch a pitcher go 0-3 with 2 strikeouts and a sac bunt. Only good thing is it gives me time to go to the fridge for a beer without missing anything.

Hitting is about hitting. Pitching is about pitching. Just the way it is, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Again...id be all for pitchers hitting...if they could. Screw the drama in the 7th. Its not worth it if I have to watch a pitcher go 0-3 with 2 strikeouts and a sac bunt. Only good thing is it gives me time to go to the fridge for a beer without missing anything.

Hitting is about hitting. Pitching is about pitching. Just the way it is, unfortunately
    Agreed to a point but if your pitcher is throwing a gem and your team has a bad bullpen, sometimes you roll the dice and keep him in.

8. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information