Thread: Cool!

Default Cool!

This is just the kind of forum a guy like me needs, someplace I can learn more about the technical aspects of the game, strategy, etc.

2. The Following User High Fived scott.475 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Have I explained the wr tree to you yet

I agree this could be great

I really hope this forum doesn't get overrun with morons who have the football IQ of a slug.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    I really hope this forum doesn't get overrun with morons who have the football IQ of a slug.
    huh?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    huh?

-----
    Meaning.. I hope somebody like Larry Coyer doesn't come into this forum and ruins it with drivel and nonsense.

Clear?

Meaning.. I hope somebody like Larry Coyer doesn't come into this forum and ruins it with drivel and nonsense.

Clear?

actually Coyer is a brilliant football mind I'd love to have him come in and draw up some X's and O's for us and explain how it should work..

unlike some multiple poster in this thread..

Clear!!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Get out then.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

10. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Clear?
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

OK. hard to admit, because I've been a huge fan for a long time, but.....
    Can someone explain the whole 1,2 or 3 gap technique thing as it pertains to the 3/4 vs. the 4/3 defense.
    I've figured out that it's to do with gap "responsibilities", and that a "gap" is obviously the space between opposing O-linemen that a back might run through.
    but when someone starts talking about a DT playing a 3 gap technique I'm lost. How the hell can one guy cover all that real-estate?
    Last edited by SoCalImport; 02-25-2009 at 06:45 PM.

14. The Following User High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    Can someone explain the whole 1,2 or 3 gap technique thing as it pertains to the 3/4 vs. the 4/3 defense.
    I've figured out that it's to do with gap "responsibilities", and that a "gap" is obviously the space between opposing O-linemen that a back might run through.
    but when someone starts talking about a DT playing a 3 gap technique I'm lost. How the hell can one guy cover all that real-estate?
    Your right. It's about responsibilities. I'll try and explain this the best I can. It'd be a hell of a lot easier to explain on a dry erase board.

Generally, the NT, in the 3-4, has 2 gap responsibilites, gap A, which is 2 gaps. (the gaps beside the center). The linebackers are responsible for A and B. The linebacker on the backside of the slanting nose (if the nose slants) is responsible for the A gap and the linebacker on the same side of the slanting nose is responsible for the B gap because the nose is slanting into that A gap. And the end is responsible for C-D gaps.

Its really difficult to explain while typing. If we were in person, it'd be a lot more clear.

16. The Following User High Fived West For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Gaps ^ indicate were the "hole" is
    * is spacer

Gaps E***C **B **A **A **B ** C** D******E
    _____WR^ ^LT ^ LG ^ C ^ RG^ RT^TE^ ^WR

Techinque refers to how and where the d linemen line up/or shad
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

You know, I've been a football fan for more than 20 years and I don't have a great knowlegde in the technical aspect. Mainly because this game is not played too much here

So, don't be ashamed to admit that... It's great to learn more from people who knows more than us.

I want to thank you all in advance for all the things I'm going to learn here

Froggy's back !

20. The Following User High Fived frenchfan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information