Thread: Texas Wideout Limas Sweed: Out for Year

Default Texas Wideout Limas Sweed: Out for Year

Really disappointing, but I just saw the news on Wright's site where he's going under the knife to cure a wrist ailment and will be out the rest of the year. He will still be going into the NFL Draft (has to) and is expected to be fine to workout at Indianapolis. Not sure if he'll get a Mobile invite now.

That was a potential first-round guy. Even though things look good with Marshall, and Walker (when healthy) if this guy slipped into Day 2 because of this injury, he'd be worth the pick.

isnt he like marhsall or calvin, in size around 6-4 and runs around a 4.3?

is that the guy i am thinking of?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    isnt he like marhsall or calvin, in size around 6-4 and runs around a 4.3?

is that the guy i am thinking of?
    He's big, has good hands and a nice frame, but he's going to run slow balls.

I hope it all goes alright for the guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

I dont think he'll last until the second day. The guys body of work is too solid, especially in big games and there will be at least one GM who thinks he is getting great value in Rd 2 or 3. If some team really needs a receiver and likes him, they may still take him in Rd 1.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

dude, do you honestly think a wrist injury could cause him to fall anywhere near that far? i would be totally shocked! i'm thinking he's proven enough to still go no later than the mid second, at the worst. . . people were surprised at how high mcgahee and harrell went, but it only takes one team to pull the trigger, and big wideouts are always in high demand. . .

too bad for limas, but i doubt it will end up hurting his stock all that much-- better a wrist than a knee or ankle. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    dude, do you honestly think a wrist injury could cause him to fall anywhere near that far? i would be totally shocked! i'm thinking he's proven enough to still go no later than the mid second, at the worst. . . people were surprised at how high mcgahee and harrell went, but it only takes one team to pull the trigger, and big wideouts are always in high demand. . .

too bad for limas, but i doubt it will end up hurting his stock all that much-- better a wrist than a knee or ankle. . .
    It's just not Limas' injury that may cause him to slip, but nagging injuries throughout the season and relatively poor play. Considering his two best games came against Arkansas State and Rice - and that he was shut down by his other four opponents really has me concerned about the level he can play at in the NFL. Yeah, injuries probably held him back, but he didn't improve like many thought he would as a senior. He certainly didn't play like a first-day pick, let alone a first-rounder.

He has a lot of talent, and he'll probably go higher than I'm expecting - but a wrist injury is nothing to ignore. Factor in that, and that he hasn't done anything to date - and you have a prospect primed for a free fall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    It's just not Limas' injury that may cause him to slip, but nagging injuries throughout the season and relatively poor play. Considering his two best games came against Arkansas State and Rice - and that he was shut down by his other four opponents really has me concerned about the level he can play at in the NFL. Yeah, injuries probably held him back, but he didn't improve like many thought he would as a senior. He certainly didn't play like a first-day pick, let alone a first-rounder.

He has a lot of talent, and he'll probably go higher than I'm expecting - but a wrist injury is nothing to ignore. Factor in that, and that he hasn't done anything to date - and you have a prospect primed for a free fall.
    Its not that he wont fall but falling to the 2nd day is a little drastic, especially when you consider that some GM will justify it by saying that he has first round talent and would be a 1st rounder if not for the injury and also if he is going to be a second recieving option initially.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Default Texas can't get him the ball this year anyway...

Over two/thirds of his 300yards came against Arkansas St and Rice!

Limas Sweed is a 4.5 guy, not a 4.3 guy....Maybe even a 4.6...

He'd be a huge steal anywhere after the 2nd round....

Walkers knee has me worried a bit....

It'd also be nice if Denver could start building legitimate depth, but he's a luxury pick right now....

I'll bet the Titans would grab him before anyone else....
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-12-2007 at 07:38 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Really disappointing, but I just saw the news on Wright's site where he's going under the knife to cure a wrist ailment and will be out the rest of the year. He will still be going into the NFL Draft (has to) and is expected to be fine to workout at Indianapolis. Not sure if he'll get a Mobile invite now.

That was a potential first-round guy. Even though things look good with Marshall, and Walker (when healthy) if this guy slipped into Day 2 because of this injury, he'd be worth the pick.
    He was a 10-20 pick canidate for sure. I think if he can bounce back and able to show a good work out in Indy he will still still be a late first early 2nd round pick.

If does not perform. See a team getting him in late 2nd or early 3rd but do not thinnk he will go into the second day.

This is not going to be a career ending injury. He is one of "the" top wide receiver canidates coming out

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Morton / Haven Moses

Default What is everyone talking about

This guy will not drop to the late 2nd or 3rd round. Can we all say WILLIS McGAHEE? The guy didn't even play a full year, was in rehab and Buffalo still bought the rights. Top ten back in the league.

First round draft is like being a land speculator, you buy what you think is going to be great. With the types of success I listed above people are too scared to pass on that type of talent.

Guy still gets drafted in the first unless is he is just slow as dirt, and that didn't prevent carolina going after Dwayne Jarret. It seems more and more that injuries are more irrelevant when it pertains to the draft, but more and more relevant with veterans due to long haul wear and tear.

OH, and by the way, it is a WRIST injury!!!! Come on now. Might be different if it was a knee, OR more specifically a reoccurring knee injury, but it's a freakin' wrist!!

Man, if some of you were GM's we wouldn't be laughing at Detroit, we would be laughing at ourselves. May common sense prevail in your next life.
    Last edited by eessydo; 10-18-2007 at 10:21 AM.
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information