Thread: Your Pre-season expectations

1. Default Your Pre-season expectations

What was your realistic expectations for this back at the beginning of preseason?

I expected us to start 1-4 and bench orton (well i was right about), and then finish as about the 21st or 22nd best team in the league. We havent had back to back losing seasons in decades, and I expected that to end. PLAYOFFS?! This was the first season ever my homerism didn't lead me to tell everyone we would easily win the division and get the lombardi trophy.

I thought the team would be somewhere between 6-9 wins, and had a shot at the division, which I had said I believed was there only way in. No way I expected the season to play out the way it did, in terms of 1-4, then 7-1, then 0-3.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I thought we'd have at most 5 wins if we started Orton I thought we could maybe have six or seven if we didn't stick with Orton for too long.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Orton played as expected and I was glad to see Tebow get his chance. Winning in Miami against the Dolphins was a big thing because it has never been done before by a BRONCOS team.

BRONCOS gelled together and played to win games as a team which I thought winning 5 games would have been a good year. The defense played better than expected and Von Miller really impressed me...too bad for his hand and congrats on making the All Pro 2nd team. McGahee played great this year for the most part. Colquitt played great too as well as many others.

I was really disappointed in the last 2 games because with the playoffs on the line I didn't see the heart or will to win but perhaps the BRONCOS can redeem themselves with a win today.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

i expected 4 or 5 wins....very pleased that we are in the playoffs...not happy with the way the last 3 games have gone....
    I really hope Tebow is a part of this team...in some capacity...for many years to come...so..obviously..I hope he plays well today...
    am hearing that the broncos will be ready to put Quinn in ...if Tebow struggles early.......makes me wonder just what the broncos game plan is today....
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I always pick 16-0 every year!

10. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

I had them at 4-6 wins closer to the 4.

I thought 6-8 wins was realistic. We did that.

I was disapointed...because I thought we were even better than that (later on). At 8-5, I thought the absolute worst we would be was 9-7.

Winning the division and making the playoffs is great. I hope we play tough today...and that will be absolutely great!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived hamrob For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I think I called 7-9. Not far off

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

i predicted things exactly as they happened because i'm super smart. i did, however, underestimate how much of a red-headed stepchild dream is, which is surprising, because my prediction was "token."
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

17. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

I picked 5-11 or 6-10 best case scenario. I never dreamed our defense would be as good as it turned out and Tebow would play very well at times especally in the 4th QTR.

and the Bears game is the bigges miracle win I have ever seen Denver get..

12-4 at the least

I expected us to have no more than 6 wins, which is why I already feel this season was a success and I can't be too negative about the team regardless of how we ended the season or how we play today.

21. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I expected us to have no more than 6 wins, which is why I already feel this season was a success and I can't be too negative about the team regardless of how we ended the season or how we play today.
    That's exactly what I thought, regardless of who the QB was. If you look at the roster, most of the names don't jump off the paper at you. This team has overachieved by winning 8 games, winning the division, and making the playoffs.

Regardless of how the game turns out today, I'm a happy fan right now.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information