Page 86 of 129 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1930

Thread: The English Premeir League

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Slick, nice goal by Ozil yesterday.

Ya ready for the North London Darrrby ya Gooner.
    I am! Sunday morning. 7:00Am kick off.

Arsenal were lucky yesterday. Giroud slows them down. He's better coming in as a late sub when teams ar parking the bus.

Is Kane fit? I heard he was 50/50 to start against Arsenal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I am! Sunday morning. 7:00Am kick off.

Arsenal were lucky yesterday. Giroud slows them down. He's better coming in as a late sub when teams ar parking the bus.

Is Kane fit? I heard he was 50/50 to start against Arsenal.
    He didn't play today, so yea probably 50/50.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I didn't realize that the Spurs had moved to Wing Back formation. Interesting.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I didn't realize that the Spurs had moved to Wing Back formation. Interesting.
    They are really beat up with injuries. I don't think Poch trusted a back four of Rose, Walker, Vertongen, and Dier/Wimmer against Arsenal. Mix in that Dele Ali is hurt and he decided to sacrifice a midfielder for defense. It will be interesting to see if he keeps that moving forward. I don't think they have enough offense when they play that way (or really any way if Kane isn't on fire).

If Alderwiereld and Dele are healthy, their best formation is the 1-3-2-4 where they can press the other team and hold the high back line. Ask Man City what that was like.

I missed the game, but I found a website that has the replay. I plan on watching it today at work. (Nice to be the boss)

From all the bitching on the Arsenal forums, I guess Poch parked the bus. Arsenal can beat just about anyone when it's an open game. They really need to do better against teams that pack it in and look to counter. Giroud is a nice squad player but Arsenal need to do better at striker or it will be the same old Arsenal. Most teams in the EPL play Arsenal that way because Wenger doesn't seem to have an answer for it.

Liverpool is looking scary as hell right now. Klopp seems to have turned them around.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

I missed the game, but I found a website that has the replay. I plan on watching it today at work. (Nice to be the boss)

From all the bitching on the Arsenal forums, I guess Poch parked the bus. Arsenal can beat just about anyone when it's an open game. They really need to do better against teams that pack it in and look to counter. Giroud is a nice squad player but Arsenal need to do better at striker or it will be the same old Arsenal. Most teams in the EPL play Arsenal that way because Wenger doesn't seem to have an answer for it.

Liverpool is looking scary as hell right now. Klopp seems to have turned them around.
    I like the look of the league table right now
    One thing he has done is give the team an identity, something that has been missing for years.
    He also seems good at keeping the players grounded.
    Can't be having players or fans getting carried away just 11 games into the season.
    Last edited by Jaws; 11-07-2016 at 04:26 PM.

7. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Watching Spurs/Gunners now.

First half:

Spurs look the better team in the first 20 minutes. Harry Kane narrowly misses a header. Cech was beaten. Lucky. Second 25 minutes were all Arsenal. Iwobi should have scored. Terrible effort. I guess they stopped calling penalties for pulling shirts in the box. Someone almost ripped Xhaka's shirt off. Ozil also should have scored on the rebound of Walcott's screamer that banged off the post. Missed the target completely. He had plenty of time for a touch to settle and strike on an open goal. Lloris was still on the ground after trying to save Theo's shot. On the own goal from Wimmer,I think the linesman missed Sanchez and Kos being offside forcing Wimmer to head the ball.

Could have easily been 2-1 Arsenal at the break. Wanyama is kind of a thug. Lucky not to have been carded at this point.

Second half:

Son with a great run, nutmeg on Kos, Bellerin comes out of nowhere and makes a great tackle. Kos foul on Dembele definitely a penalty. Got none of the ball on that challenge.
    Huge save by Cech on Erickson. Sanchez has no left foot at all. Nacho with a great tackle on Kane. Whew! Spurs looking good right now. Iwobi great lob to Xhaka who whiffed on a header. Mustafi can't seem to head the ball down. 2 corners where he won the ball only to head it over the goal. Bad misses. Wanyama another bad challenge. How has he not been carded? Erickson hits the post on a free kick. Cech lucky. Oxlade-Chamberlain is worthless. I don't know why Arsenal loaned out Joel Campbell.

Spurs definitely packed it in last 15 minutes or so. I think Arsenal created more chances and will regret not getting the 3 points. Spurs are well organized defensively. 0 goals in open play in 6 games? Lucky to be unbeaten at this point. Eff the Spuds!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I like the look of the league table right now
    One thing he has done is give the team an identity, something that has been missing for years.
    He also seems good at keeping the players grounded.
    Can't be having players or fans getting carried just 11 games into the season.
    Liverpool defensively suspect but they can score goals and are fun to watch. They should push for the title due to the fact that they have no European football. Huge advantage.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/

Great website that has replays and highlights.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Liverpool defensively suspect but they can score goals and are fun to watch. They should push for the title due to the fact that they have no European football. Huge advantage.
    True.
    Can't say that I miss European football to much to be honest, purely from a viewer perspective.
    The extra funds from making the CL are a loss of course.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yaya, of all people, scored for City today. Also, NBC's TV game is probably the most boring of the day. Have City-Palace on the tablet.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lol. Yaya with the double!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I've not watched much. I can't honestly say that I'm a fan of any team at this point, albeit the Man U documentaries on Netflix are ******* dope. I tried boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

My 1st and 2nd teams are at polar opposites of the table.
    It doesn't look good at all for Swansea.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Not much of a matchup for Monday Afternoon Futbol, but I'll take what I can get.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information