Page 48 of 129 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: The English Premeir League

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    Nah mate - i think you are being rational. Arsenal are a top 4 team year after year, they are financially viable and will have a future at the top as long as wenger is there.

It depends on what arsenal fans want, boom or bust signings, or a proven model or prudence that brings economic success and perpetual champions league evenings
    I like Arsene's system. It's why I became an Arsenal fan. It didn't hurt that at the time I started following European club football Arsene had players like Viera, Henry, Ljunberg, Bergkamp, Pires, etc. they played a beautiful game.

I think Wenger knows that style of play produces results. Back then they played like Barca or like the Spanish national team. A better system than tons of long balls over the top, or one guy taking on like 5 guys Maradona style imo.

I think Arsenal lacks a strong leader on the pitch, and a true defensive mid. Arteta just doesn't impress me at all.

But you're absolutely right. Gunners fans have been spoiled. A lot like us Bronco fans.

2. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Wenger seems to be content with being in top 4. That's why Arsenal won't be winning the title any time soon.
    Shut up Abe. I'm talking to Dave.

Jk. That is what a lot of Arsenal fans are saying actually. I don't think he's content being top 4. You can see disappointment on his face when they don't play well, I just think he's failed at getting that right mix of players for a while. He's an excellent teacher of the game and many young players that were developed by him have gone on to succeed in other places.

He's just been missing it in the transfer window lately.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Shut up Abe. I'm talking to Dave.

Jk. That is what a lot of Arsenal fans are saying actually. I don't think he's content being top 4. You can see disappointment on his face when they don't play well, I just think he's failed at getting that right mix of players for a while. He's an excellent teacher of the game and many young players that were developed by him have gone on to succeed in other places.

He's just been missing it in the transfer window lately.
    His refusal to play a plan B has hurt him over the years too. He's such a purist and wants to play the beautiful perfect game that he's unwilling to lower his standards and play ugly. Managers like Mourinho are prepared to do that and that's why I think the title is Chelsea's to lose this year. If Liverpool can't win (which they won't), Arsenal would be my 2nd choice, because when they are full flow they are great to watch.

6. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Great week in CL for EPL. The good guys won. The bad guys tied. And the guys nobody cares about lost. .
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

8. The Following User High Fived DallasChief For This Post:

Gee eff why Dee Cee.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Liverpool plays like the 2007 Chargers. The team that almost could.

12. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Liverpool plays like the 2007 Chargers. The team that almost could.
    Hey Chiefs fan. 1993 faggot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Hey Chiefs fan. 1993 faggot.
    Wait whut?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Wait whut?
    The spurs have nothing at all of any accomplishments since you were rubbing your pud in the 505.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Arsenal is putting it to the Claret and Blue today. Not a good outing. I was warned that they weren't that good
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Arsenal is putting it to the Claret and Blue today. Not a good outing. I was warned that they weren't that good
    3 goals in 3 minutes, Dread. That pretty much took the wind out of their sails because up until that, it looked like Villa was going to give the Gunners a run.

Özil played well. Had the goal that opened the floodgates along with a nice assist to Welbeck. The commentator said Arsenal has more away points in Villa Park than any other venue in the EPL.

Still, a surprising result against a team coming off a 1-0 victory against mighty Liverpool. Happy Gunner fan today!

18. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go West Ham! 1-0 in 80 seconds. Sorry Beef, Sharkie. I'm rooting against the Reds today because DC has been such an ass to me lately. Normally I am indefferent as far as Liverpool goes.

20. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So.

Liverpool got their asses handed to them today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So.

They started out looking like a deer in the headlights. The Hammers got 2 goals in the first 7 minutes and then hung on.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So.

Big time.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information