View Poll Results: What size limits should there be for signatures (see sample images in first post of thread)?

Voters
35. This poll is closed
  • 750 x 150

11 31.43%
  • 750 x 250

15 42.86%
  • 750 x 400

4 11.43%
  • No Size Limit

5 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Town Hall Poll and Discussion: Size Limits on Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    hahaha, i knew it!

(i knew because i remember specifically resizing the two pictures to be the same height and putting them side by side).
    Yea, you're right. I must have been thinking of Atwater's sigs when I said they had been stacked for a while.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I went with the first option, because frankly, between that and the avy, if you can't show your purpose in life, you need a billboard.

Seriously though, I have sigs turned OFF, because they take too long to load on broadband. The 'no limit' option would be the WORST possible answer though. I can just see that having no good ending.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

We will go with a 750x250 limit. I will add code that will trim anything bigger than that (I will make the auto trim slightly larger to provide a little margin.

In addition, any political sigs should fall within a 750x150 limit. I have opted to stack these limits for some technical reasons.

Meaning, if you opt in to Political sigs, and the person has both a regular and political sig and max dimensions, you might see a total sig in the size range of 750x400.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We will go with a 750x250 limit. I will add code that will trim anything bigger than that (I will make the auto trim slightly larger to provide a little margin.

In addition, any political sigs should fall within a 750x150 limit. I have opted to stack these limits for some technical reasons.

Meaning, if you opt in to Political sigs, and the person has both a regular and political sig and max dimensions, you might see a total sig in the size range of 750x400.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

-----
    I'm not sure I understand the question.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the question.
    I'm not sure I understand the explanation.

So, if a person opts in his sig, then it will show everywhere if it is allowed
    everywhere (i.e., "positive" religious), if it exceeds the allowed dimensions but
    now stacks to 750x400?

In other words, if the height exceeds 250 and would otherwise get cut off,
    opting in would increase the height to 400? Would it then show only in P&R, or
    would it now show everywhere because it's allowed everywhere?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the explanation.

So, if a person opts in his sig, then it will show everywhere if it is allowed
    everywhere (i.e., "positive" religious), if it exceeds the allowed dimensions but
    now stacks to 750x400?

In other words, if the height exceeds 250 and would otherwise get cut off,
    opting in would increase the height to 400? Would it then show only in P&R, or
    would it now show everywhere because it's allowed everywhere?

-----
    Thanks. Much easier to answer a question that contains words.

I think I can explain it better with a sample.

There are two separate size restrictions.

First, the main signature (the one everyone has been using up to this point) is restricted to 750x250.

Second, the secondary political signature has it's own size restriction of 750x150.

If you "opt in" in to view political signatures, then you will see those signatures everywhere. It has nothing to do with specific signatures.

Now, if you have opted in to view political signatures and a person has both a political and normal signature, then it would look something like this:

The first image above representing the normal or primary signature, and the second image representing the political (secondary and opt in) signature.

Therefore if you choose to view the political sigs, and the person has maxed out the size of both the normal and secondary (political) sig, then the total sig size for that person would be roughly 750x400.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

TNED slaughtered my innocent Unicorn. Savage.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information