View Poll Results: Should people be able to have religious images and statements in their avatars/User Titles/Sig

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • No -- Religious images and statements should only be allowed in the new Opt In Sigs

19 51.35%
  • Yes -- Religious images and statements should be allowed in avatars/titles/sigs

18 48.65%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Important Town Hall Poll: Should Religious sigs/avvies be allowed -- the focus was on politics, so we need seperate feedback on religious only

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

I voted to allow them, I have never been offended by a sig that had anything to do with Politics or Religion.

When you say opt in, does that mean they will be shown everywhere to those who have opt in to see them or they will only be seen in the opt in forums?

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I believe it means they will be seen anywhere on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    I voted to allow them, I have never been offended by a sig that had anything to do with Politics or Religion.

When you say opt in, does that mean they will be shown everywhere to those who have opt in to see them or they will only be seen in the opt in forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I believe it means they will be seen anywhere on the board.
    Correct. For those that have 'opted in' to view these sigs, you would see them everywhere.

Ok, with 10% of precincts reporting, seems to be a dead heat. That, combined with the fact that the vast majority of problems and complaints have come from political sigs/avvies, we are going to allow 'positive' religious sigs/avvies/user titles over the next 90 days.

At the end of 90 days, we will revisit this, see how things have gone with political sigs being "opt in" and "potivie" relgious sigs/avvies being allowed.

To be clear, anyone that gets 'cute' by trying to make a political statement or 'prove' a point with a BS "positive" religious sig/avatar will risk losing the right to have any sig/avatar.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

To be clear, anyone that gets 'cute' by trying to make a political statement or 'prove' a point with a BS "positive" religious sig/avatar will risk losing the right to have any sig/avatar.
    So does that mean we all have to declare our political views and affiliations before posting said avatar so you can be the judge on whether it is poz or neg?

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    So does that mean we all have to declare our political views and affiliations before posting said avatar so you can be the judge on whether it is poz or neg?
    No. For the political sigs you can create via "user cp", "edit options", it isn't a positive only rule. You can put 'almost' anything up there. I say almost, because if an image is bad enough, a person might be asked to take it down, but by and large the "opt in" signatures will not be closely monitored.

However, the main signatures/avatars/user titles cannot contain ANY political images/statements. They can contain 'positive' religious statements. This is where the 'cute' aspect comes in. If someone tries to play games with posting something they claim is a "positive" religious sig, but is clearly made to make a political statement or protest the forums sig rules, that poster will risk losing their sig privileges without warning.

This is not going to be an 'accident', what I am talking about is a few posters that like to push the rules and will try and get by with "yea, but it's a positive religious statement because Mitt Romney is a Mormon and I like Mormons so....." There will be zero tolerance for people playing games in this regard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    No. For the political sigs you can create via "user cp", "edit options", it isn't a positive only rule. You can put 'almost' anything up there. I say almost, because if an image is bad enough, a person might be asked to take it down, but by and large the "opt in" signatures will not be closely monitored.

However, the main signatures/avatars/user titles cannot contain ANY political images/statements. They can contain 'positive' religious statements. This is where the 'cute' aspect comes in. If someone tries to play games with posting something they claim is a "positive" religious sig, but is clearly made to make a political statement or protest the forums sig rules, that poster will risk losing their sig privileges without warning.

This is not going to be an 'accident', what I am talking about is a few posters that like to push the rules and will try and get by with "yea, but it's a positive religious statement because Mitt Romney is a Mormon and I like Mormons so....." There will be zero tolerance for people playing games in this regard.
    Nobody likes mormons Tned...
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

9. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I don't like signatures and I don't like religion... But I'm not self-centered enough to vote to ban them because I personally don't like them.

So I vote to allow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Ban Hippies.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information