View Poll Results: Should people be able to have religious images and statements in their avatars/User Titles/Sig

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • No -- Religious images and statements should only be allowed in the new Opt In Sigs

19 51.35%
  • Yes -- Religious images and statements should be allowed in avatars/titles/sigs

18 48.65%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Important Town Hall Poll: Should Religious sigs/avvies be allowed -- the focus was on politics, so we need seperate feedback on religious only

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I said no, opt in only. Only because some jackass will show some wicken or satanic BS.
    exactly. and that was my point though i did try to stare it up a little.
    You wanna have them, in my opinion you have to allow even the ones that you goes counter to your beliefs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    well you did. No matter if you were latent on this board or not. You called me out, and then I heard nothing from you for over an hour.

Tell me then some examples of where I dont know what I am talking about then?
    You wanna call me out as passive aggressive lets this be as aggressive as you want!
    My apologies. I will start checking in with you every half hour.

BTW, I don't have a problem with being aggressive. What I do have a problem with is people that think the world revolves around them.

P.S. if you don't hear back from me within the hour it is not because I left the site, it is because I have better things to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    My apologies. I will start checking in with you every half hour.

BTW, I don't have a problem with being aggressive. What I do have a problem with is people that think the world revolves around them.

P.S. if you don't hear back from me within the hour it is not because I left the site, it is because I have better things to do.
    why cant you answer the question.
    Give me examples either where I was overtly passive aggressive or where I dont know what I am talking about.

The first and final part has nothing to do with what you called me at all.

Edit... you called me out as saying the I think the world revolves around me. Which is true to some extent, but Id like you to tell me where I do that more than others.
    Looks like the mods dont like this. Please pmail me about this. Which i think you should since you are so damn interested in calling me out the first time I write on this site in a while.
    Last edited by haroldthebarrel; 02-22-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I said no, opt in only. Only because some jackass will show some wicken or satanic BS.
    I voted Yes, but thats a real concern, I agree. We would then be bound to allow that too.

I've always liked Top's sig of the Lion with the Lamb. It expresses a belief without being "in your face" or preachy. I'm not sure we could require such sigs to conform to that kind of respect and understatement. So now I'm torn.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Folks - lets keep this on the topic of religious sigs - no other single poster is the subject here.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    I'm not sure I see the reasoning for this. Your last poll gave the options to either have all of them, only positive ones, or none. Then you hybridized it into they should only be an opt-in. I think your mind is already made up and I don't think you're going to make me feel any better asking for my opinion when you're not going to listen.

Do what you want
    To be honest, my goal isn't to "make you feel better" it is to attempt, as much as is possible, to setup rules that are in line with what most people on here want.

As I indicated, while religion was part of the original discussion the primary focus was politics. There was barely a comment made about religion, so I am getting separate feedback on it.

I'm sorry you don't like the 'hybridized' approach as you call it, but it was made clear by several of those that didn't agree with a 'positive' only rule that they would be asses about it and make the mod's live's miserable trying to police it.

Therefore, we are going with the Opt-In approach for the next 90 days to see how it goes. However, since the focus was on politics and not religion, I thought the subject warranted re-visiting.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Bible View Post
    I like KCL voted Yes should my screen name be banned because someone thinks it might have to do with Religion?
    I think your name's safe.

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    exactly. and that was my point though i did try to stare it up a little.
    You wanna have them, in my opinion you have to allow even the ones that you goes counter to your beliefs.
    I voted yes and I have never stated anything religious on this board.I am not sure if you are trying to lump the people who voted yes in a group or what.I also voted yes for political sigs as well.

It doesn't really matter to me as I have always displayed fooball sigs and usually football avys.I voted yes because I feel like people should be able to have them if they choose.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Yes, I could see that happening now. Only thing is, no one likely would have
    ever thought about it until this silly issue came up.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Opt in = Opt in.

Shouldn't even be a discussion.

I don't want you forcing your political beliefs on me, and I sure as hell don't want you pushing your religious beliefs on me, unless I agree for either to happen. If I enter P&R fine, but neither should be allowed on this board outside of there, and there really shouldn't be a discussion about it, frankly.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Yes, I could see that happening now. Only thing is, no one likely would have
    ever thought about it until this silly issue came up.

-----
    Some of us don't want to see religious stuff, either, including myself. I find it quite hypocritical that Christians look down on other religions, while trumpeting that they are the only "right" people. That said, again, I don't want to hear it, or see it, and shouldn't have to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Some of us don't want to see religious stuff, either, including myself. I find it quite hypocritical that Christians look down on other religions, while trumpeting that they are the only "right" people. That said, again, I don't want to hear it, or see it, and shouldn't have to.
    Then I suggest you lock yourself in a bomb shelter the rest of your life. It's all
    around you. The rest of your post I don't understand, unless that means
    you're stereotyping me into mainstream Christianity when you don't know the
    first thing about me.

As you can see, my sig is gone. Do remember, however, that me and my sig
    were already here when you joined this board. In fact, me and my sig were
    already here when everybody else joined this board, except Tned.

But all that doesn't matter now. My sig is gone, per the rules.

-----

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Then I suggest you lock yourself in a bomb shelter the rest of your life. It's all
    first thing about me.

-----
    You really are offended by people who don't claim Christianity, aren't you? You've tried hard enough to push your values on enough people, including myself on this message board to warrant the response I'm giving.

I really don't give one crap if your sig was here before me or not, if religion is considered opt-in, then it's opt-in. I am not going to look politely on the "I'm older than you and know better than you" argument any longer. Sorry. It just makes you look stubborn, and quite frankly stupid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    You really are offended by people who don't claim Christianity, aren't you?
    No I am not. I never have been, and I never will be. As I implied, you do not
    even know me, so stop making ridiculous assumptions about me.

I really don't give one crap if your sig was here before me or not, if religion is considered opt-in, then it's opt-in. I am not going to look politely on the "I'm older than you and know better than you" argument any longer. Sorry. It just makes you look stubborn, and quite frankly stupid.
    No, you look stupid by allowing this to fly way over your head because you
    decided to twist what I said instead of reading it . . . either that, or you
    failed to comprehend (even though I wrote it on a relatively elementary level).

I never said anything about "I'm older than you and know better than you."
    So don't even go there. Try to be honest. At least try.

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

first thing about me.

-----
    Drop some knowledge will ya!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information