Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Important: No Political or Religious Sigs, Avvies or User Titles are allowed -- View instructions for adding secondary P&R sigs or to learn how to Opt-in to view them

Default Important: No Political or Religious Sigs, Avvies or User Titles are allowed -- View instructions for adding secondary P&R sigs or to learn how to Opt-in to view them

Effective immediately.

No political or religious statements or images are allowed in avatars.
    No political or religious statements or images are allowed in your primary signature.
    No political or religious statements will be allowed in your user titles.

All decisions on what is 'political' or 'religious' will be made by the moderators and admin. If there is ANY doubt about an image or statement being considered political or religious, request to have it reviewed BEFORE using it.

Members that get cute, play games or ignore this rule will lose their right to have signatures, avatars and custom user titles.

Setting Up Secondary Political or Religious Signatures:

There is now a dedicated area to create a religious and/or political signature. As this is not a 'built in' feature of vBulletin, it is a different method than setting up your normal signature.

To create a secondary signature, click on "User CP" and then click "Edit Options".

On the Edit Options page, you will find five fields for setting up your Political Signature and five fields for setting up your Religious signature.

These two fields allow you to put text above your political image:
    Political Signature Prefix Line 1
    Political Signature Prefix Line 2

In this field put the link or URL to your political image, DO NOT INCLUDE IMG image tags around the link.
    Political Signature Image:

These two fields allow you to put text below your political image:
    Political Signature Suffix Line 1
    Political Signature Suffix Line 2

Follow the same guidelines above with the Religious signature fields to setup a secondary religious signature.

Opting In to View Religious and/or Political Signatures:

By default, posters will not see any secondary (religious or political) signatures. If you want to view these signatures, you can "Opt In" by clicking on "User CP" and then click "Edit Options".

In the Political and Religious Signatures section, you can enable political and/or religious signatures by checking the box next to:
    • Enable Political Signatures
    • Enable Religious Signatures

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Though I have officially given up on the issue and made an ass of myself in the process, reading that new law gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach, kind of like the feeling I got when Obama was elected. You know, like a loss of freedom/big government kind of sinking feeling. Can't help it, just how I feel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Here is the official rule:

No political images or statements are allowed in avatars, user titles or the primary signature-- final determination as to whether a signature or avatar is 'political' will be made by the moderators and admins.
    Does that mean we are going to have a double standard here?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Here is the official rule:

Does that mean we are going to have a double standard here?

-----
    Your question isn't very clear. What exactly are you concerned about becoming a double standard?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Your question isn't very clear. What exactly are you concerned about becoming a double standard?
    I don't want to disrupt things. I'll take it to PM, as I should have with the question in the first place.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Well done, Tned. Noone can complain about this new direction because they are still able to express themselves, just not in every section of the football forum. They will be able to express themselves, just in the correct area of the forum.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post
    Well done, Tned. Noone can complain about this new direction because they are still able to express themselves, just not in every section of the football forum. They will be able to express themselves, just in the correct area of the forum.
    I hope Godzilla comes down from his hiding place and stomps the cute little deer in your avy into a jelly like substance. Other than that, I agree with you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I hope Godzilla comes down from his hiding place and stomps the cute little deer in your avy into a jelly like substance. Other than that, I agree with you.
    That's totally funny because just the other day, during a major snow storm...some guy smashed into my sister's cute little deer. Suffice to say, he was gently layed to rest.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

So if we're not opted in to the P and R sections, then we just leave our CP options as they were?

Another cool feature I must say, and I don't see how anyone would have a problem with it unless a posters sole purpose is to cram their beliefs down the throats of people who don't come here to discuss either topic.

War Tned!

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    So if we're not opted in to the P and R sections, then we just leave our CP options as they were?
    Correct. The "Opt In" to the P&R sigs is different than the "Opt In" to the P&R forums, but other than that, you are 100% correct.

If you do nothing, you will not see the P&R sigs. You have to take a positive step to "Opt In" to view the P&R sigs.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Though I have officially given up on the issue and made an ass of myself in the process, reading that new law gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach, kind of like the feeling I got when Obama was elected. You know, like a loss of freedom/big government kind of sinking feeling. Can't help it, just how I feel.
    I understand how you feel and that you've had a problem with this whole thing.

However, this is a football board. A sports board. Feel FREE to express your opinion on anything sports minded here.

Broncos/Football are the main course here, P&R and everything else is a side dish.

I, myself, come here for the main course, mostly.

If some want P&R to be the main course, there are plenty of P&R sites on the internet.

JMO

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Totally understandable opinions of me about this issue. I have just been comfortable with the way things already were for years both at the freak and the forums. Now it is changing and I don't like it. Judge me as you will, I could care less.

Totally understandable opinions of me about this issue. I have just been comfortable with the way things already were for years both at the freak and the forums. Now it is changing and I don't like it. Judge me as you will, I could care less.
    You're a passionate poster atwater, something I like and respect about you. I will not judge you, and my earlier post wasn't meant to be a shot at you so much as a shot at some who seem to be upset that we won't have to view their political cartoons etc...

Personally, I think keeping all of this separate will generally upgrade the health and fun of the forums for all sides involved. No rights have been taken away, we've just been given the option.

The new unicorn sig is quite beastly. :golfclap:

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Tned, as always, you have gone above and beyond.

I just hope these numbnuts understand and appreciate the work you put into this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

20. The Following 8 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    . . .

The new unicorn sig is quite beastly. :golfclap:
    As is the new avatar.

:yardog:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information