Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Important: No Political or Religious Sigs, Avvies or User Titles are allowed -- View instructions for adding secondary P&R sigs or to learn how to Opt-in to view them

Hey zeus H. Crimeny.

No matter what you do, you can't please everyone. This was a very fair and well thought out conclusion that should please the masses rather than please a few and totally piss of the others.

Let's crucify the guy who is putting in HOURS of work to keep this a place that we all want to come to. I don't know about anyone else, but if it were me, I would have said eff it a long time ago.

It was said a VERY long time before any voting that the voting is just an opinion and would NEVER be the end all, be all. We're lucky to have an admin that is willing to do things to try to make everyone happy.

:yardog:

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Deacon as far as I know there was no thought to doing it the way he did when he made the poll in the first place.

As fas as I can see there was always the intention of doing one of the options he placed in there from the start and it was up to the board to give opinions on which direction.

Hopefully it doesn't sound like I am trying to put myself up high or anything but as far as I know this was not ever even though of untill I suggested it days after the poll was created in a post, and originally Tned was against the idea.

What ever changed his mind for good to review the idea again I don't know but I would think this is a much better alternative than saying no political/religious sigs period.

4. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

GEM

What happened was what was made clear by certain posters. They would make the lives hell trying to enforce a "positive only" political rule, because they were pissed either:
    1. Because they would no longer be able to shove their political views down everyone's throats and inflame others as much as possible.
    or
    2. Because they were standing on some free speech principle and were going to protest with "reverse positive" threads.

Add to that the fact that multiple polls and discussions had made it clear that the majority of posters were sick of the negative P&R content cascading out via the inflammatory sigs.

If in 90 days, everyone decides that this makes things too 'boring' then we can always go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I stated on multiple occasions that the poll was not an up/down vote, and have gone through in detail why I will not use a poll on its own to make a decision. Out of respect for those that were claiming that the vast majority of posters wanted things left along and 'complaining' that there was no poll to 'prove' it, I put up a poll to gauge our members wishes.

There were not 3 options, there were 9 poll options meant to gauge, along with the input in the various threads, the feeling of the members of this board.

As to 'setting up' P&R to be shut down. Just the opposite. This trial is an attempt to keep the forums alive.
    Fair enough. You won't hear any more from me about it. I DO understand the position you're in and I won't complain any longer.
    "Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused!" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    Fair enough. You won't hear any more from me about it. I DO understand the position you're in and I won't complain any longer.
    You are FULLY in your rights to voice your opinion. I admit I got defensive at the multiple insinuations by you that the Town Hall discussions are some kind of farces or other "feel good" thing with no bearing on my decisions.

I got defensive because trying to manage this site by eliciting so much feedback and then trying to wade through the inevitable heated debates that occur is MUCH harder than just making decisions like virtually every other owner/admin on the Net does. However, I truly believe that as a 'community' we should discuss things and that I need to take the input and try and come up with the best solution based on that input.

Again, it would be much easier to do the dictator admin thing that most employ.

Having said that, I apologize for getting defensive, because no matter what my reasons for doing so, it doesn't justify the action.

Everyone is free to, and encouraged to, voice their opinions and I shouldn't be getting defensive when I don't like them.

So, sorry for that.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information