Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Woody Paige: John Elway wants Tim Tebow to "pull the trigger" in NFL playoffs

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Default Woody Paige: John Elway wants Tim Tebow to "pull the trigger" in NFL playoffs

I guess John really does want Tebow to fail.

Woody Paige: John Elway wants Tim Tebow to "pull the trigger" in NFL playoffs
    Posted: 01/04/2012 01:00:00 AM MST

With Tebow at quarterback, the Broncos won seven of eight. However, they've dropped the last three. Tebow seems to have lost his confidence and has been tentative, or fearful, throwing the football, I suggested to Elway.

"That's human nature, especially when you're young, to become more cautious," Elway said. "He had a tough week before (the Chiefs game) against Buffalo. The key thing for (Tebow) is to go out, put everything behind him, go through his progressions and pull the trigger.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19669652

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default HP 56 wants McCoy to "help out his young QB"

Give the guy some confidence throws. Shorten up the routes, use bootlegs and designed rollouts to limit his reads, screens, and play action. That would do worlds for getting his confidence up.

Tim needs to throw more quickly and like Elway said, "pull the trigger", but giving him a better gameplan and not always putting him behind in down and distance (3rd and long) before you allow him to throw, will help immensely.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following 15 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

If all they do is eliminate the 15 yard routes on 3rd and 4, it will help immensely. But nevertheless, I still see Tim locking into one receiver and not going through his progressions. My prediction this week...

10-24, 175 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

They do not want him pulling the trigger against the Steelers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Give the guy some confidence throws. Shorten up the routes, use bootlegs and designed rollouts to limit his reads, screens, and play action. That would do worlds for getting his confidence up.

Tim needs to throw more quickly and like Elway said, "pull the trigger", but giving him a better gameplan and not always putting him behind in down and distance (3rd and long) before you allow him to throw, will help immensely.
    There's is validity to a better game plan but fact is there were still plenty of times he held onto the ball way to long. He needs throw the ball to a receiver before they makes his break.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-05-2012 at 07:52 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I guess John really does want Tebow to fail.
    That was a great article. Well worth reading the whole thing.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived red98 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    actually, I think elway does. because he knows the gun will be to timmy's head. if TT plays like a gunslinger(farvre0 he will have 5 INTs ! and thats exactly what ELWAY wants so he can dump TEBOW and drfat a legitimate NFL QB and be done with this luidicrous madness..
    as for the roll outs, THE DEFENSES are positioning themselves to take that away. Thjey dont care if he stays in the pocket, they dont care if he tries to escape straight up the middle. those are paths to failkutre.
    and if he tries to scramble to his left, we saw the results against the cheifs... backward progress !
    Tin sucks ,smell the coffee, wake up from your fantasy people! its been a fun season but timmys pocket full of miracxles is EMPTY and the new sherrif in town is REALITY !

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by red98 View Post
    That was a great article. Well worth reading the whole thing.
    Agreed.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Good article. Woody is a bit of a fan boy though. But the stuff about Elway and the FO is good to know. I am glad for EFX. They took chicken shit and made chicken salad and thats impressive, considering so many ate it up.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

When I helped coach little league a few years ago we had a kid who was a pretty decent hitter. For some reason, about halfway through the season he became deathly afraid of the ball and he stopped swinging the bat. He seemed paralyzed in the batter's box. Finally, after a couple of games before he went to hit I pulled him aside and told him that I didn't care where the first pitch was he had to swing at the first pitch. The ball was way out of the strike zone but he swung anyway - and missed by a mile. The thing was, after that the spell was broken and he went back to swinging the bat.

Tim has to do the same thing, even if it results in a bad play. After last week he has to break the paralysis. He has to get over the fear of throwing the ball. I think that's what Elway is trying to do here. Just grip it and rip it and live with the results. That's how NFL QBs make their money.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

20. The Following 13 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Great article.

I want Tebow to fail too. Since I believe that you must first fail to learn to succeed.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

22. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Its the playoffs, let it rip Tim. At least if you fail we know where we stand at QB.

24. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If they want to win they will have to take the reins off a bit.

They will have less of a chance of winning if they don't open it up some and allow TT to at least have a chance to succeed.

Of course, he might fail miserably if they let him throw more on early downs, but I would like to see this team at least go down swinging as opposed to hoping for another unlikely late game miracle.

26. The Following 4 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    When I helped coach little league a few years ago we had a kid who was a pretty decent hitter. For some reason, about halfway through the season he became deathly afraid of the ball and he stopped swinging the bat. He seemed paralyzed in the batter's box. Finally, after a couple of games before he went to hit I pulled him aside and told him that I didn't care where the first pitch was he had to swing at the first pitch. The ball was way out of the strike zone but he swung anyway - and missed by a mile. The thing was, after that the spell was broken and he went back to swinging the bat.

Tim has to do the same thing, even if it results in a bad play. After last week he has to break the paralysis. He has to get over the fear of throwing the ball. I think that's what Elway is trying to do here. Just grip it and rip it and live with the results. That's how NFL QBs make their money.
    Tim needs to set bad outings aside and just play. When you have open receiver on a flee flicker don't hesitate.

28. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Twenty-eight seasons ago, in his second season with the Broncos, Elway started his first NFL playoff game against, as irony would have it, the Steelers.
    Dang...has it really been that long ago?..Doesn't seem like it.

Man I'm getting old.

30. The Following 4 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information