Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Various draft news and notes

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default Various draft news and notes

LESEAN HAS LEFLU
    Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2009, 11:44 a.m.

We’re told that former Pitt running back LeSean McCoy has been battling the flu.

As a result, McCoy has lost some weight. So he’s not expected to participate in the bench press at the Scouting Combine. (Fred Smoot says, “Yeah, I had the flu, too.”)

But McCoy still plans to work out with the other running backs on Sunday. He also plans to run the 40-yard dash that same day.

McCoy was a two-year starter at Pitt, and he left with two years of eligibility remaining.

word! i hope he bombs the combine like the luftwaffe did london in the battle of britain. . . . fall, baby, fall!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Still don't see him making it to our 2nd round pick. If teams drop him for the flu you have some serious problems with your scouting.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Still don't see him making it to our 2nd round pick. If teams drop him for the flu you have some serious problems with your scouting.
    Am I the only one who isn't that high on him?

I swear, everywhere I turn, people love this kid...maybe, I just wasn't exposed to him enough the last few years.

Teams could think of it as he is trying to make an excuse. Though for a RB the bench really doesn't hurt draft stock. Now if he runs mid 4.5s or slower he'll have a problem with his draft stock.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post

I swear, everywhere I turn, people love this kid...maybe, I just wasn't exposed to him enough the last few years.
    Well you have Wells and Moreno then McCoy/Brown are the next level, not hard to see McCoy/Brown being selected late 1st early 2nd if a team wants a RB.

As for Shady he has the hands, quickness, and open filed speed to be a solid back. Compaird to Westbrook in terms of what he could bring (not talent wise.)
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well you have Wells and Moreno then McCoy/Brown are the next level, not hard to see McCoy/Brown being selected late 1st early 2nd if a team wants a RB.

As for Shady he has the hands, quickness, and open filed speed to be a solid back. Compaird to Westbrook in terms of what he could bring (not talent wise.)
    Personally, I don't want any of those backs...

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Must be the lack of exposure. Dude is incredible. And it's not like he's a guy who came out of nowhere. He was the #1 RB recruit coming out of HS his senior year. Committed originally to Miami, but also considered Oklahoma, USC, Tennessee and Penn State. I told him to go to Knoxville, but he didn't listen, obviously. He didn't disappoint once he got to Pitt. He broke Dorsett's freshman rushing and TD records and kept the same pace in 2008 even w/o Otah, the other OT or any threat of a passing attack.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

MO, i'm sure you're not the only one, but i think he's the best back in this draft. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Must be the lack of exposure. Dude is incredible. And it's not like he's a guy who came out of nowhere. He was the #1 RB recruit coming out of HS his senior year. Committed originally to Miami, but also considered Oklahoma, USC, Tennessee and Penn State. I told him to go to Knoxville, but he didn't listen, obviously. He didn't disappoint once he got to Pitt. He broke Dorsett's freshman rushing and TD records and kept the same pace in 2008 even w/o Otah, the other OT or any threat of a passing attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    MO, i'm sure you're not the only one, but i think he's the best back in this draft. . . .
    Just not seeing it. Plus, the law of averages says we have to have a bust at some point. The last few years' running backs have been stellar. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, I just don't see it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Just not seeing it. Plus, the law of averages says we have to have a bust at some point. The last few years' running backs have been stellar. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, I just don't see it.
    Mcfadden, FTW!
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've never watched him play so I don't know if he would be worth the pick. However, I will say given the fact that our run blocking scheme will be intact just about any healthy running back can have a lot of success with our team.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Didn't Kobe Bryant just score 61 with the flu?

Weak sauce.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

He'll still have his Pro Day and private workouts to show off his stuff. I doubt a poor combine while he is battling the flu will hurt his stock much.

Adopted Bronco:

The biggest knock on McCoy is his weight. He's only 210, but if you see him play, he hits guys like he's 235. The guy can fly and he might be the best recieving back in the draft.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Plus he's super young and will only get better. He hasn't even realized his full potential and he is ballin'.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information