Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Various draft news and notes

I read that Moreno weighed in at 217 lbs. and looked ripped.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Max Power For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Didn't Kobe Bryant just score 61 with the flu?

Weak sauce.
    It is only the benching part, right? Or did I miss sumthin and he isn't participating at all?

He would be a good RB but Davis will be there in the 3rd possibly 4th and would rather get him later. He's a good back and runs hard but not as fast. That would leave another solid defensive pick for the 2nd round.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Talk about the wrong way to start the weekend, first Andre Smith says he is not benching because he did not work out enough to be ready (did lose 18lbs from the end of the season so he has been doing work), then he is a no show Saturday morning, agent then says it is his fault he did not inform everyone that Smith flew back to Atlanta to work out...
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Talk about the wrong way to start the weekend, first Andre Smith says he is not benching because he did not work out enough to be ready (did lose 18lbs from the end of the season so he has been doing work), then he is a no show Saturday morning, agent then says it is his fault he did not inform everyone that Smith flew back to Atlanta to work out...
    The news on Micheal Crabtree is just as intriguing. Apparently he has stress fracture in his left foot and will need surgery to correct it. That could very well mean no pro day for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Here's the story on Crabtree.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...e-out-combine/

Stress fracture will keep Crabtree out of combine
    By Michael Marot, Associated Press
    Published February 21, 2009 at 12:35 p.m.
    Updated February 21, 2009 at 12:35 p.m.

INDIANAPOLIS — Texas Tech receiver Michael Crabtree has a stress fracture in his foot that will sideline him from workouts this weekend at the NFL scouting combine.

Crabtree is considered the top receiver in the draft class this year.

The NFL’s Web site said Crabtree would need at least 10 weeks to recover from surgery during which a screw will be inserted in his foot.

Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith confirmed the injury. Coaches were told of the injury inside Lucas Oil Stadium. Only reporters with the NFL Network were permitted to enter.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Tough injury but I don't expect that to hurt him to much. Only if the surgury fails then you have a problem.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    yea, i think he just may have talked his way out of contention for the top tackle spot this year, and possibly the top spot overall. . . i also read that scouts thought eugene monroe looked soft at weigh-ins. . . i'm wondering if jason smith has enough juice to be the first tackle off the board. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    The news on Micheal Crabtree is just as intriguing. Apparently he has stress fracture in his left foot and will need surgery to correct it. That could very well mean no pro day for him.
    wow, that COMPLETELY blows! that could very well be the clincher for seattle taking raji over crabtree, and might even cause some other teams to pass on him-- in which case defensive players like malcolm jenkins, everette brown and rey maualuga are going to be pretty attractive targets. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yea, i think he just may have talked his way out of contention for the top tackle spot this year, and possibly the top spot overall. . . i also read that scouts thought eugene monroe looked soft at weigh-ins. . . i'm wondering if jason smith has enough juice to be the first tackle off the board. . . .

wow, that COMPLETELY blows! that could very well be the clincher for seattle taking raji over crabtree, and might even cause some other teams to pass on him-- in which case defensive players like malcolm jenkins, everette brown and rey maualuga are going to be pretty attractive targets. . . .
    If I read the ticker tape correctly on NFLN Mayock has Smith as his top offensive tackle in the draft.

I think it was Mayock who said something to the effect that it's really hard to say how it will effect his draft status. It was pointed out that last year Dorsey had concerns about his knee but K.C. went ahead and took him anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Haha, the kicker from USC outperformed 27 lineman on the bench press including Michael Oher and Eugene Monroe. Good stuff.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Combine Blog:
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation?tag=09%20combine

February 21, 2009 4:36 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

INDIANAPOLIS -- Alabama tackle Andre Smith, who previously dismissed concerns about his weight, went into damage-control mode Saturday after failing to inform combine officials of plans to leave early.

"If I had the chance to do it all over, I wouldn't have handled it the way I did," Smith said, according to an NFL news release. "I should have told my group leader that I was leaving, and I didn't. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or step on any toes. I didn't mean to grandstand anyone at the combine. That was not my intention at all, and I apologize for my mistake."
    The news release included similar comments from Smith's agent. Both have much to lose if Smith's early departure from the combine reinforces existing concerns. Smith said he was leaving early to continue a workout regimen with a new trainer.

"I got done in Indianapolis what I thought I should have, but I realize there was more to it now," Smith said, according to the news release. "It was important for me to get back to my trainer. and that's what I did. All I was thinking about was what it would take to get to the next level."

If the Rams select a tackle with the second overall choice, they'll have other choices. Baylor's Jason Smith and Virginia's Eugene Monroe remained at the combine Saturday.

OT Jason Smith is indeed up there as being the top tackle selected. Good athlete, converted TE, still has upside. From what I read Monroe is more ready but does not have as high a celling as Smith. Interesting note I caught this morning on NFLN, on the ticker next to J. Smith it said think R. Clady.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    Haha, the kicker from USC outperformed 27 lineman on the bench press including Michael Oher and Eugene Monroe. Good stuff.
    I'm glad you mentioned that, because that was funny when I saw that on NFLN.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-21-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If I read the ticker tape correctly on NFLN Mayock has Smith as his top offensive tackle in the draft.

which one, jason or andre?

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I was talking about this today. Crabtree was projected to fall to us. He MAY fall through us. Rey Maualuga is the one I would like, moving Morrison to the outside and having what could be a trio of studs at LB.

But I saw there's a wideout with 4.2 speed so that's the likely pick.

Quote Originally Posted by broncohead View Post
    He would be a good RB but Davis will be there in the 3rd possibly 4th and would rather get him later. He's a good back and runs hard but not as fast. That would leave another solid defensive pick for the 2nd round.
    I think lesean Mccoy is in the same class as Wells and Moreno... amazingly Fluid hips , great vision, and is a tough runner, with good break away speed plus a VERY durable runner (had as many carries as Chris wells in college playing only 2 years to Beanies 3 years).. Doubt he falls to Denver in the 2nd but if he does this is a no brainer In my opinion

21. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information