Thread: QB Prospects

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Default QB Prospects

Tebow may or may not be the answer. I hope he is and the he takes huge strides over the offseason with help from Elway and real QB coaches. I hope he works his ass off and he more fundamentally sound. I think Elway will take his time with Tebow to evaluate his QB stance. He may decide Tebow has not improved enough and draft another QB or may trade for one. Either way we will not have Quinn on roster and next QB on roster will need to challenge Tebow.

We all know the QB draft class. One QB i think that could be a "hidden gem" would be Colin Kaepernick. Alex Smith is playing great right now. And i dont see Kaepernick replacing him. I think we could trade for him. He was a top 5 2nd round pick last year. If we could trade someone for him I think he could give Tebow a run for starting position. As long as EFX dont play politics again like they did with Orton/Tebow during TC.
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 01-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Why settle for Kaepernick? To me thats about as equal to just drafting a QB coming out and i would be more intrigued by a guy like Weeden than i would Kaepernick.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

So when is this "tutoring" supposed to begin?

Next monday?
    After the SB?
    Before the draft?
    After the draft?

Seems johns time in the near to distant future will be spent with scouts/combine/personal workouts, etc.

Really, how much time does he put into tutoring TT....and how hard does he try, should he see an out in FA/draft?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post

Next monday?
    After the SB?
    Before the draft?
    After the draft?

Seems johns time in the near to distant future will be spent with scouts/combine/personal workouts, etc.

Really, how much time does he put into tutoring TT....and how hard does he try, should he see an out in FA/draft?

he talked about it in several interviews, that was when we were winning too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Why settle for Kaepernick? To me thats about as equal to just drafting a QB coming out and i would be more intrigued by a guy like Weeden than i would Kaepernick.
    Kaepernick was pretty good and might be able to get him with a mid rounder or trade for him and save a higher pick.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    Tebow may or may not be the answer. I hope he is and the he takes huge strides over the offseason with help from Elway and real QB coaches. I hope he works his ass off and he more fundamentally sound. I think Elway will take his time with Tebow to evaluate his QB stance. He may decide Tebow has not improved enough and draft another QB or may trade for one. Either way we will not have Quinn on roster and next QB on roster will need to challenge Tebow.

We all know the QB draft class. One QB i think that could be a "hidden gem" would be Colin Kaepernick. Alex Smith is playing great right now. And i dont see Kaepernick replacing him. I think we could trade for him. He was a 1st round pick last year. If we could trade someone for him I think he could give Tebow a run for starting position. As long as EFX dont play politics again like they did with Orton/Tebow during TC.
    Elway said that they did like Kaepernick coming out, but I don't see it happening.

EFX put so much into the "draft first" philosophy.

Why would they stray away from that when it comes to the most important position on the field?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    Elway said that they did like Kaepernick coming out, but I don't see it happening.

EFX put so much into the "draft first" philosophy.

Why would they stray away from that when it comes to the most important position on the field?
    Because they are not sure whether to draft a QB or stick with Tebow. They rather draft young then sign old to positions. But if you are adding a backup/possible starter they dont waste a high pick. They want to use high draft picks on instant impact players and if that is not a QB sitting there, then they wont draft one.

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    Because they are not sure whether to draft a QB or stick with Tebow. They rather draft young then sign old to positions. But if you are adding a backup/possible starter they dont waste a high pick. They want to use high draft picks on instant impact players and if that is not a QB sitting there, then they wont draft one.
    I think it's pretty obvious they're going to draft a QB. The question is, what round will they pull the trigger and who will they pull it on.

Next monday?
    After the SB?
    Before the draft?
    After the draft?

after this season is over, or monday......

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Next monday?
    After the SB?
    Before the draft?
    After the draft?

Elway has scouts for a reason. He does not do everything.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information