Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Tebow.....Hello Matt Flynn

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Goodbye Tebow.....Hello Matt Flynn

I love Tebow. But hes not the answer. Ive seen enough.

Unless he absolutely lights it up on sunday and takes us to the AFC Championship game, hes gonna have to sit.

We wont be in position to draft a top QB, but Flynn has once again, with the opportunity given, played great.

We should keep Tebow and play him at RB/FB/Wildhorse QB/goaline threat.

6 for 22, bad decisions, and inability to bring it higher after 15 starts....is enough evidence for me.

I want him on our team. Hes a leader. But hes not a QB.

Sorry Gator fans and Tebow apololgists.

We need to go in a different direction, and I wouldnt even be mad if they started Quinn this weekend. Not saying it should or would happen, Im just sayin I wouldnt be mad.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Kevin kolb gives this thread two thumbs up!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

4. The Following 16 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Matt Schaub and Steve Young also say hi. Not saying Flynn will be like those guys, but it's silly to discredit him because of the failure of another player.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

Unless he absolutely lights it up on sunday and takes us to the AFC Championship game, hes gonna have to sit.

We wont be in position to draft a top QB, but Flynn has once again, with the opportunity given, played great.

6 for 22, bad decisions, and inability to bring it higher after 15 starts....is enough evidence for me.

We need to go in a different direction, and I wouldnt even be mad if they started Quinn this weekend. Not saying it should or would happen, Im just sayin I wouldnt be mad.
    So does this mean in 2012 Elway pulls Tebow aside and ask him how he would feel making the position switch to TE!!!!

FLYNN TO TEBOW......TOUCH DOWN BABY!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived Npba900 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I'm not willing to take a chance on another starting QB right now, despite Tebow's struggles. Not with so many other pressing needs on this team.

I'm willing to give him the next week, one more FULL offseason and maybe a new offensive coordinator before I throw in the towel on him. His 11 game audition got us a 7-4 record and a home playoff berth with a AFC West title. I think that bought him at least a half a season next year in my mind.

Now if we had a chance at a higher pick? Yeah, but Tebow played us out of that scenario and he deserves a shot IMO. But thank god its not up to me, I'm happy just watching. I'll leave that important decision stuff to Elway and company whom I trust completely... for now.

10. The Following 13 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Matt Schaub and Steve Young also say hi. Not saying Flynn will be like those guys, but it's silly to discredit him because of the failure of another player.

I think there is a slight difference between who those qbs surrounding cast was and his many games they played.

Hell, bubby bristor led our team to like 7the wins when elway was out and the bubby was a bad backup
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Signing Flynn or similar should be a priority.
    How many more 3 and outs do we have to endure?
    LMA0@Flynn to Tebow!
    Last edited by Dzone; 01-02-2012 at 08:09 PM.

13. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

Couldn't agree more with getting rid of Tim the Terrible, but if you think a player like Flynn would be that good under Foxy, you're crazy.

Tebow's lack of ability is definitely the major problem, but Fox and Co.'s 70s-style offense would still suck even with a talented QB.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Broncos Mtnman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    no shit. . .

flynn has a chance to be a very good QB, but you simply can't make that determination based on about six quarters worth of pro play, in an offensive machine. . .

somebody is going to pay this guy fifty or sixty million dollars, essentially blind. . . because that's what quarterbacks cost these days-- chumps like matt cassell and kolb got that much. . . tony romo probably got more. . .

and there just isn't anywhere close to enough film to legitimately evaluate the guy. . . not to mention, green bay isn't exactly stupid-- you really think they'll just let him walk? there's a very good chance they'll franchise him, and whoever wants him will have to pay through the nose just to obtain the privilege of throwing up a wing and a prayer and vastly overpaying the guy. . . AZ gave up a high pick and a pro bowl capable young talent just to put kolb on their bench. . .

yea, no thanks. . .

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Completely unimpressed with Schaub; he could easily have run into the corner of the end zone on the last play against the Raiders and won the game, but forced an easy pick instead. The Texans are right behind Denver as my favorite team, and I'd personally like to see Leinart battle Schaub for the starting job next year; he looked surprisingly good until he broke his collar bone.

Steve Young is an apples to oranges comparison; he wasn't an obscure backup who suddenly rocketed to fame and popularity relieving a great offenses injured star. The Bucs DUMPED him on SF:

"The Buccaneers selected University of Miami quarterback Vinny Testaverde first overall in the 1987 NFL Draft because Young was deemed a bust, and he was traded to the San Francisco 49ers on April 24, 1987, to serve as a backup to Joe Montana."

So the moral of that story isn't "grab the first backup QB who does well in a few games with a world class offense" but "don't switch horses in midstream."

Seriously, Tebow has two bad games and suddenly folks have "seen enough" because the sky is falling? And we'll just completely ignore the 7 good games that got us to the playoffs. He must get better, but neither the good nor bad games tell the whole tale of the season (though there are three times as many of the former,) much less the career. He took a big step backward last week, but that's no more reason to throw in the towel than the many previous steps forward were reason to declare him a life time starter.

Wait, I know: Let's TRADE Tebow for Flynn PLUS the Colts #1 overall pick; it worked with Cutler, right? No? Maybe just keep doing what we're doing then.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

19. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Not that Tebow is playing well - at ALL. But unless you are going to bring over the Packers offensive coaching staff and WRs with Flynn, how do we know he will do ANYTHING productive in Denver?

Anyone thinking that a Mike McCoy offense can even come close to touching what the Green Bay Packers do on offense is simply not being rational.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    no shit. . .

flynn has a chance to be a very good QB, but you simply can't make that determination based on about six quarters worth of pro play, in an offensive machine. . .

somebody is going to pay this guy fifty or sixty million dollars, essentially blind. . . because that's what quarterbacks cost these days-- chumps like matt cassell and kolb got that much. . . tony romo probably got more. . .

and there just isn't anywhere close to enough film to legitimately evaluate the guy. . . not to mention, green bay isn't exactly stupid-- you really think they'll just let him walk? there's a very good chance they'll franchise him, and whoever wants him will have to pay through the nose just to obtain the privilege of throwing up a wing and a prayer and vastly overpaying the guy. . . AZ gave up a high pick and a pro bowl capable young talent just to put kolb on their bench. . .

yea, no thanks. . .
    Great point. This could wind up very much like what happened with KC with Cassel.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'm not willing to take a chance on another starting QB right now, despite Tebow's struggles. Not with so many other pressing needs on this team.

I'm willing to give him the next week, one more FULL offseason and maybe a new offensive coordinator before I throw in the towel on him. His 11 game audition got us a 7-4 record and a home playoff berth with a AFC West title. I think that bought him at least a half a season next year in my mind.

Now if we had a chance at a higher pick? Yeah, but Tebow played us out of that scenario and he deserves a shot IMO. But thank god its not up to me, I'm happy just watching. I'll leave that important decision stuff to Elway and company whom I trust completely... for now.
    Bringing in Flynn isn't throwing in the towel on Tebow. Signing Flynn is an insurance policy to make sure Tebow is pushed in the off season, training camp and the preseason!

Point is, Tebow has a shit load of improvements to work on in the off season and how better to drive Tebow to get better than to bring in some competition.

Orton had competition with Tebow and wilted under the pressure why not do the same to Tebow?

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Npba900 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    Couldn't agree more with getting rid of Tim the Terrible, but if you think a player like Flynn would be that good under Foxy, you're crazy.
    He was terrible in 2 games and quite good AS A PASSER in at least as many others; he also won 5 more running, or running/passing. Big picture, guys. For one thing, I agree very much with your second point:
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    Tebow's lack of ability is definitely the major problem, but Fox and Co.'s 70s-style offense would still suck even with a talented QB.
    Calling this a '70s style offense does a great disservice to some really good '70s teams (e.g. the Cowboys and Vikings) familiar with the concept of passing. It MIGHT be a '70s style COLLEGE offense (which may explain why Tebow's 7-4 this year) but this much running hasn't been the NFL norm since at least the '50s, and probably more like the '40s. Regardless of the timeline though, the point is valid: Neither Matt Flynn nor anyone else will throw 6 TDs in a game under John Fox, so dumping Tebow won't really solve that problem. Whether or not Tebow CAN be developed into a good pro passer, John Fox is probably the LEAST qualified NFL coach for that job. Thank God for Elway, because he may be the only one in the entire Broncos organization who knows how to use, let alone BUILD, a great NFL passer.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

27. The Following 5 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Not that Tebow is playing well - at ALL. But unless you are going to bring over the Packers offensive coaching staff and WRs with Flynn, how do we know he will do ANYTHING productive in Denver?

Anyone thinking that a Mike McCoy offense can even come close to touching what the Green Bay Packers do on offense is simply not being rational.
    Mike McCoy's offense is limited because he has a QB that has limited passing abilities and who can't check down to his WR's to save his life!

Point is, Tebow's ability is so bad.....Tebow can actually get offensive coordinators FIRED!!!

In fact, Tebow's passing ability is so inconsistent, how do we know whether his own WR's haven't given up on him and just don't run crisp precise routs to get open, due to Tims inability to throw accurate passes.

The difference between Mike Flynn and Tebow is simple......Flynn is much more accurate and consistent than Tebow in the passing department.

29. The Following User High Fived Npba900 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information