Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fox: Broncos passing woes "not just the quarterback"

I swear i dont get how some of you can type a essay and expect somebody like me to read through all of that. I just cant keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post
    For some reason, our O line is just terrible. The receivers are as bad as they have been all year, but there is NO protection for Tim. I have noticed also that Tim seems very hesitant at running now, almost like he is being told to not run regardless of what he sees. To throw the ball or hand off. It severely limits what they and he can do. Tim has a long way to go, but I see a lot of seemingly limitations on TT that were not there during the "run"...

JMO
    I disagree. Tim holds onto the ball a LOoooong time, and many times he's sitting back there hoping to find a receiver eventually break "more" open. OL can only hold the blocks so long.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by VonSackemMiller View Post
    I swear i dont get how some of you can type a essay and expect somebody like me to read through all of that. I just cant keep up.
    It would help them if they put [ wrap] tags around their post. The human mind doesn't want to navagate a column of text wider than 5" (or somewhere around that length).

There's even a button that looks like this that they can click to do it.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I disagree. Tim holds onto the ball a LOoooong time, and many times he's sitting back there hoping to find a receiver eventually break "more" open. OL can only hold the blocks so long.
    For everytime Tebow holds the ball too long there are three examples of two-to-three receivers running 10+ yards downfield, utterly blanketed by coverage, and the max protected pocket is put to ruin within moments. This offense has had its most success running out of three, four-wide sets. People say McCoy has to hold back the offense... um, what? They've taken the leash off a number of times and what did the offense do? They scored. Fast. Efficiently. So why not do that all game? Why not even try?

Put the offense in the shotgun again. Let Tebow's legs hold linebackers in place and his arm hit the slants and screens; develop a short-passing game for goodness sake like literally any normal playcaller would do. Defenses are manning-up the receivers. So spread them out. And let their backs turn and have Tebow burn them on runs until they have to change their gameplan. You know, be aggressive. Get defenses to adapt to you, not the other way around. Take advantage of your players' talents instead of hiding their weaknesses.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    It would help them if they put [ wrap] tags around their post. The human mind doesn't want to navagate a column of text wider than 5" (or somewhere around that length).

There's even a button that looks like this that they can click to do it.
    I actually didn't have any clue what that button was for.

But can you imagine how much scrolling would happen if I used that damn button for all my posts? I'd get more complaints about having to hit page down 14 times to get past my junk than about the width of the post.

But I'll remember how to use it, Thnikka.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post
    Ummmm.... Where did I compare Elway to Tebow EXCEPT when I said everyone was saying the same thing about Elway in his first year.

I just don't understand how everyone is expecting a reincarnation of Elway. That is not going to happen, otherwise the record books would show a bunch of Elway clones through the decades. But I do think that Tim has the same fire and will that John Elway did. That I will compare them both with. Tim has a different skill set. We just need to utilize it just like Shanny did with John ....

JMHO
    Folks are... sensitive about Elway/Tebow comparisons, because so many Tebois made so many of them. The worst were conspiracy buffs shouting that Elway is sabotaging Tebow to protect his own legacy because he knows Tebow is FAR BETTER than he was. Broncos fans were justifiably livid at such audacious hubris (which mercifully seems to have subsided... for the most part...). Some kneejerk reactions to the comparison now are natural.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonSackemMiller View Post
    As my grampa used to say, "You ain't gonna learn no younger." It's a complex game; "lots of moving parts," was the phrase, I believe. I can try the wrap tag (of which I was also ignorant) but, like G_Money, worry that my posts will end up filling a whole page if I do. People have also complained I need more paragraph breaks, so I try to keep them to three lines or less when possible; using the wrap tag, it wouldn't be.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    For everytime Tebow holds the ball too long there are three examples of two-to-three receivers running 10+ yards downfield, utterly blanketed by coverage, and the max protected pocket is put to ruin within moments. This offense has had its most success running out of three, four-wide sets. People say McCoy has to hold back the offense... um, what? They've taken the leash off a number of times and what did the offense do? They scored. Fast. Efficiently. So why not do that all game? Why not even try?

Put the offense in the shotgun again. Let Tebow's legs hold linebackers in place and his arm hit the slants and screens; develop a short-passing game for goodness sake like literally any normal playcaller would do. Defenses are manning-up the receivers. So spread them out. And let their backs turn and have Tebow burn them on runs until they have to change their gameplan. You know, be aggressive. Get defenses to adapt to you, not the other way around. Take advantage of your players' talents instead of hiding their weaknesses.

awsome post
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post

exactly. tebows best game passing came out of the shotgun in minnesota. guys were breaking open because we had 4 wideout sets, we even ran slants that game. our OC has no idea what he truly wants to do in the passing game week to week. 190 yards in the 4th quarter and overtime vs the bears all in the shotgun.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information