Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox: Broncos passing woes "not just the quarterback"

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Fox: Broncos passing woes "not just the quarterback"

While Denver needs everybody to step up for Sunday afternoon's wild-card round playoff home game against Pittsburgh, Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow comes off his lowest quarterback rating (20.6) of the season.

Tebow completed just 6-for-22 passes for 60 yards with an interception in the 7-3 loss to Kansas City. But don't pin that all on Tebow, Broncos coach John Fox said.

"There's a lot of moving parts to the pass game," Fox said today during his regularly scheduled Monday briefing with the media. "You've got protection, route, timing. You have to throw the ball sometimes to tight windows.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19660446

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Tight windows, and partially closed windows.
    And hey....maybe not running backwards.....

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

For some reason, our O line is just terrible. The receivers are as bad as they have been all year, but there is NO protection for Tim. I have noticed also that Tim seems very hesitant at running now, almost like he is being told to not run regardless of what he sees. To throw the ball or hand off. It severely limits what they and he can do. Tim has a long way to go, but I see a lot of seemingly limitations on TT that were not there during the "run"...

JMO
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post
    For some reason, our O line is just terrible. The receivers are as bad as they have been all year, but there is NO protection for Tim. I have noticed also that Tim seems very hesitant at running now, almost like he is being told to not run regardless of what he sees. To throw the ball or hand off. It severely limits what they and he can do. Tim has a long way to go, but I see a lot of seemingly limitations on TT that were not there during the "run"...

JMO
    A lot of that hesitation to run is because of how he's now being defensed. Teams are more interested in keeping him in the pocket than trying to sack him. I remember one play yesterday where there was a safety to Tim's left. He didn't have anybody blocking him, but instead of coming at Tim he held his ground at the LoS which kept Tebow in the pocket. The idea is to not give him any running lanes and make him throw. He's not running because he has nowhere to go and he can't make teams pay with his arm. I thought he was getting to the point where he could, but he's taken a big step back.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    A lot of that hesitation to run is because of how he's now being defensed. Teams are more interested in keeping him in the pocket than trying to sack him. I remember one play yesterday where there was a safety to Tim's left. He didn't have anybody blocking him, but instead of coming at Tim he held his ground at the LoS which kept Tebow in the pocket. The idea is to not give him any running lanes and make him throw. He's not running because he has nowhere to go and he can't make teams pay with his arm. I thought he was getting to the point where he could, but he's taken a big step back.
    You may be right, but I saw two occasions of an absolute open center of the field that he would probably would have run at least 15 yards or so, started to run then stopped and by then the pressure was on, missed opportunity. I will watch the game again and maybe see something else, but that was my reaction at the time ...
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived rjent For This Post:

You've got "coaching" too, or, lack thereof in this situation.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

JMO
    Dude one point they held the pocket for over 10 seconds, I was counting. It a timing passing game and Tebow needs to get rid of the ball on the 3 and 5 step drops. There is protection, but it will break down when the QB holds the ball to long.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

10. The Following 11 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

JMO
    During the "run" teams did not stay in their lanes, use containment on the outside, and provide pressure up the middle, and Tebow took advantage of it.

However, as we seen the last 3 weeks teams have done just the opposite and have forced Tebow to beat them with his arm. And consequently Tebow has yet to show that he can win games with his ARM.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Npba900 For This Post:

I need to watch the game again, but sitting in the stands, I didn't see many open receivers on those plays where he was running around or got sacked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ed Mccaffrey

Eh, there was a play at the beggining of the game where Decker was wide open and Tebow didn't even see it and had all freakin day. I dunno. Say what you want but the fact is Tebow needs to start seeing the whole field. You don't get guys wide open like that all they time. When that happens you need to get the ball there. Period.
    "The Blues is the Roots; everything else is the fruit."
    Willie Dixon

You know it might help if you weren't so predictable.
    run, run, pass,
    run, run, pass
    run, run, pass

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived TimHippo For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post
    You know it might help if you weren't so predictable.
    run, run, pass,
    run, run, pass
    run, run, pass
    bad things happen whenever we waver from that formula.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Like Fox said, it's on the whole offense. Just as much on Tim as the rest. Holding it too long, receivers not getting open, shitty play calls, bad throws, etc.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Like Fox said, it's on the whole offense. Just as much on Tim as the rest. Holding it too long, receivers not getting open, shitty play calls, bad throws, etc.
    More has to go on the QB imo. Not on Tebow, but on the QB. Just the nature of the animal.

That doesn't forgive the other 10 guys their sins, but the success/failure of an offense always starts, and sometimes ends, with the QB.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    More has to go on the QB imo. Not on Tebow, but on the QB. Just the nature of the animal.

That doesn't forgive the other 10 guys their sins, but the success/failure of an offense always starts, and sometimes ends, with the QB.
    I agree. But here's the rub, if he gets more blame for a bad offense you can't cry foul when the fanbois give more credit than deserved. Works both ways.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information