Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: John Fox and Mike McCoy

Default John Fox and Mike McCoy

You stupid mother-------.

How the f--k can you expect Tebow to throw the ball late in the 4th quarter under fire when you don't let him throw the ball throughout the game.

How the 2 of you are NFL caliber coaches are completely a mystery beyond me.

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

They have to deal with his limitations, and work AROUND it. Not to mention, the running game was by far working better than the pass game.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Tebow needs work, but I agree this coaching staff has NO CLUE how to handle a young QB. Hopefully things get better in the offseason.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    Tebow needs work, but I agree this coaching staff has NO CLUE how to handle a young QB. Hopefully things get better in the offseason.
    Completely. At some point you have to let Tebow try and pass. That point passed about 12 quarters ago.

Figure it out already.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Disgraceful playcalling all day long. Pathetic. McCoy is a joke.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

I think without a doubt McCoy needs to go. I have confidence in Fox to make things happen, but he HAS to have a creative OC or his teams become one dimensional.

We've seen what McCoy can do and it's pretty pathetic.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Disgraceful playcalling all day long. Pathetic. McCoy is a joke.
    And we know Fox likes to run the ball firs second and third, so I'm not sure another playcaller would do any good. Possibly better designed plays, who knows.

14. The Following User High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

I am not a tebow fanatic, But hes working with some poor poor coaches. He needs a ton of work which im sure he will work on this off season and come back next year looking to prove hes gotten better. but these coaches not allowing him to throw and then calling on him in desperate times to throw magic has ran out. were gonna have to get open and tebows gonna have to make throws. if they flame out trying its okay, we simply tucked our tails and hoped to win.

16. The Following User High Fived VonSackemMiller For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

what a joke, especiallly in the second half with awesome field position, not one play action shot! this coaching staff is really screwing him in developing, i really dont like tebow but at the same time give him an opportunity to develop. You dont learn to walk by sitting on your ass
    kyle "the fainting goat" orton!
    Josh McDinkieDoink McDaniels
    Greatest HC QB Duo, starring in "MY OFFENSE IS OFFENSIVE"

19. The Following User High Fived broken12 For This Post:

I thought we were going to evaluate Tebow?

I wouldn't say we know a whole lot more about the kid now than 11 games ago! That is what I fault McCoy/Fox with. Way too conservative.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

The coaching staff is trying to WIN games and go to the playoffs. When your QB misses 9 passes in a row, I think they understand what Tebow's limitations are without having to drop him back and miss more passes.

Eventually, its up to the QB to complete some passes so the opposing defense HAS to respect the pass. Missing passes, and missing the look of open receivers doesn't do that for either side.

How many passes should they call and watch him miss before its smart to stick with a running game that has worked for our wins? We were only 7 down. The coaches have to work with what they have, and not with what they WISH they had. They are not going to have him drop back adn throw purely to "evaluate" him. He's BEEN evaluated.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The coaching staff is trying to WIN games and go to the playoffs. When your QB misses 9 passes in a row, I think they understand what Tebow's limitations are without having to drop him back and miss more passes.

Eventually, its up to the QB to complete some passes so the opposing defense HAS to respect the pass. Missing passes, and missing the look of open receivers doesn't do that for either side.

How many passes should they call and watch him miss before its smart to stick with a running game that has worked for our wins? We were only 7 down. The coaches have to work with what they have, and not with what they WISH they had. They are not going to have him drop back adn throw purely to "evaluate" him. He's BEEN evaluated.
    It's not as simple as just calling passes. It is the play calls themselves.

I can think of one maybe two playaction passes in the last 3 weeks. With a guy like Tebow, that low number of PA passes is a bit confusing considering the success they had when they were called.

Screen passes? When was the last true screen you can recall (without looking it up)?

They tried a long developing bubble to Fells and he ran a dogshit route!

25. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

9 misses in a row is not all about tebow... But even if it was you dont just stop throwing the ball anyway. smh @ thinking its okay to tuck your tail and pack it in giving up on it all together. Makes no sense to me buddy, You dont quit on yourselves ever. Our own OC made it so that KC didnt even need to defend the pass. which will only hold the team back.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    It's not as simple as just calling passes. It is the play calls themselves.

I can think of one maybe two playaction passes in the last 3 weeks. With a guy like Tebow, that low number of PA passes is a bit confusing considering the success they had when they were called.

Screen passes? When was the last true screen you can recall (without looking it up)?
    They tried a long developing bubble to Fells and he ran a dogshit route!
    Bump.

Just curious!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information