Poll: If Quinn was announced as starter vs the Steelers, would you:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Since there's some question as to our QB position...

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Tim has been a part but not the only part. And he is struggling bigtime right now.
    I wish the coaching staff would help him out with some screens and short passes instead of this run, run, attempt to go deep/QB draw then punt crap. Either way, ugh. Never thought I'd see the day when the Broncos would hold a team to 7 points and still lose or go 8-8 and make the playoffs.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    WIN WITH QUINN

Yeah!
    I forgot to mention that your vote doesn't count sneakers because we all know you're totally gay for the guy and regardless of how he plays you'd vote for him...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I, believe it or not, would support the FO if they wanted to start Quinn this week. Worst case, he sucks and we switch back to Tebow at halftime. Best case, he completes more than 6/20 and we win the game.

We're in the playoffs now and I'm a Broncos fan first and foremost. If the FO made the call that it was the right move, I'd support it. Every playoff team is 0-0 starting now. Fresh start on the post season.

As a fan, it's not really my interest to see the FO be nice or fair. I want to win. I didn't shed a tear when Lloyd was traded or when Orton was shown the door. I like certain players, but I don't play favorites. I really like Tebow... a lot... and I really hope he becomes a QB on the field that matches the type of guy he is off of it, but not even he is immune to the bench if he's playing poorly.

Honestly though, I really think it would be shocking to see Quinn trying to run our passing game. I'm not talking the read option, I'm talking about a passing game that averages 3 WRs in the route and nobody closer than 10 yards to the LOS. I think he would fail, too. I think it would be interesting to see what a "true pocket passer" would do with these WRs and this O-line.
    The problem is this sends a bad message to the vets and possible FA's. It sends the message that you might not be allowed to finish what you started.

It also creates the issue that Quinn, say he wins a game or two, may force the FO's hand in giving him an extension on what very well may be a fluke!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Quinn won't start and shouldn't start. Tebow got us here, whether some like to admit it or not he was a BIG part of those wins. He's struggling right now but he has played well this year.

Our lack of a screen-game and short passing game kills us, absolutely kills us.
    I completely agree, which is why I'd like to see how a "real pocket passer" could do in McCoy's scheme. Is it Tebow, or is it McCoy?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    The problem is this sends a bad message to the vets and possible FA's. It sends the message that you might not be allowed to finish what you started.

It also creates the issue that Quinn, say he wins a game or two, may force the FO's hand in giving him an extension on what very well may be a fluke!
    Actually, in this case it doesnt send a bad message. We saw that after Orton got benched. In the end its about winning ballgames and if the guy who is QBing isnt getting the job done than you go with a guy who could spark the team. As for an extension i doubt it, in the end Tebow is a young Qb and not the bonafide starter yet so its still anyone's game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Neither QB gives me much confidence.....hell, let's throw Weber's name in there and give him his shot.

It'll be up to the run game, defense, and special teams perhaps the QB will get lucky.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I wish the coaching staff would help him out with some screens and short passes instead of this run, run, attempt to go deep/QB draw then punt crap. Either way, ugh. Never thought I'd see the day when the Broncos would hold a team to 7 points and still lose or go 8-8 and make the playoffs.
    On the flipside, i wish Tebow could hit a out pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    On the flipside, i wish Tebow could hit a out pattern.
    I wish Tebow would agree to play TE. Maybe we could sign Brandstater for the POs. Is he available?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I dunno. The way Champ looked and sounded today after the game, I think he's hoping for some help from the offense to score some points and not go 3 and out all the time. The defense did their job today. They surrendered 7 points. It's hard to ask more than that. Our offense had the ball past mid-field 4 times and it resulted in 3 points and 3 punts.

Part of my reasoning behind this is to see if people think it's a McCoy problem or a Tebow problem. I think it would be very telling if Quinn, a 5 year vet now, would do any better than Tebow in the passing game. Even more so, would McCoy alter the passing playbook to include designed rollouts, screens, slants, and crossing routes.

12. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quinn can actually pass the ball.

I'm not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't be terribly shocked to see Quinn
    step in if Tebow continues not to get anywhere, and, considering the Steelers'
    defense, that is entirely possible. This is the playoffs, after all: You lose, and
    it's wait 'til next year . . .

14. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I wish Tebow would agree to play TE. Maybe we could sign Brandstater for the POs. Is he available?
    Nah, im not that bad. This isnt about Tebow not being able to improve but i think his head is a bad place right now and he is having difficulty getting out of a funk.

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dunno. The way Champ looked and sounded today after the game, I think he's hoping for some help from the offense to score some points and not go 3 and out all the time. The defense did their job today. They surrendered 7 points. It's hard to ask more than that. Our offense had the ball past mid-field 4 times and it resulted in 3 points and 3 punts.

Part of my reasoning behind this is to see if people think it's a McCoy problem or a Tebow problem. I think it would be very telling if Quinn, a 5 year vet now, would do any better than Tebow in the passing game. Even more so, would McCoy alter the passing playbook to include designed rollouts, screens, slants, and crossing routes.
    Yea, Champ looked like a man beaten down. That was the worst ive ever seen him after a loss.

Without Tebow we would not be in this position even with 3 straight loses.

Need I remind you we where 1-4 before Tebow took over. Looking to get into the Luck sweepstakes. Now we all get to watch a extra game and maybe something special happens who knows
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Quinn playing wont answer any of the is it Tebow or McCoy questions. You said it yourself. He is a 5 year vet. If he was going to "get it" he would have by now. Have you forgotten his last PS game?

This staff real blunder wasn't resting McGahee and Dawkins longer when they clearly could have afforded to.

This team started well after Tebow took over. I know he has struggled as of late, but the team believes in him. Making a change at this point would be pretty clueless and would lose most of, if not all of the team IMO.

We live or die with Tebow at this point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information