Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: WooHooo, my handicap is under 10 for the first time ever!!!!

I just got back from Florida last week. Went down mainly to get a couple rounds in. Shot an 87 (+10 on the front, +5 on the back) the first round and an 83 (+6 on the front, +5 on the back) the second. I was more than happy with those rounds considering I'd only played once since September. But I had 2 triples on the front and one on the back the second day that just destroyed what could have been a great round.

But this is the year I get my game back. I was pretty good back in '00-'02. Didn't play hardly at all in '03 or '04 and it's been an uphill battle ever since. And about the end of last summer I could tell I was almost back to form.

Every year I buy something new. To try and help my game ya know. Last year it was a new set of irons. The year before it was a Driver. So yesterday I just puchased a rangefinder. Got the freakin' grandaddy of them all. The Bushnell 1500 Tourney edition. Everything I read about it is great. 40 of 48 reviews on Amazon gave it a 5/5 rating. And 7 of the remaining 8 gave it a 4/5 rating. The only problem with getting it is I'll still have to hit my shot.

But another thing I was gonna do this year (to hopefully improve) is track my shots. When I was in Florida I tracked every shot in a notebook. Club used, distance, push, pull, straight, draw, fade, fairway/rough, chip distance, putt distance. So I created a couple Excel spreadsheets and entered all this stuff in. About 5 hours later I figured there's got to be an easier way.

That's when I ran into Scorecard. Man, this thing is freakin' sweet. I entered my 2 rounds from Florida and the one I got in this past Monday. It keeps track of almost everything I wanted. You can download it for free and enter 5 rounds just to see what it's like but I didn't even fool around with that. I just bought it. And not for the $30 it says. If you enter SANDTRAP in as a promotional code you'll save 20%. Then, I filled out their survey (while it was downloading) and they gave me another code so I saved another 10%.

Man I can't wait for some warm weather!

2. The Following User High Fived In-com-plete For This Post:

I used a web-based system that looks like Scorecard for a while, which is why I know I was down in the 10% range in up and downs. Last year I didn't track my stats, but before that I used to track my fairways hit, greens, penalities, up and downs, etc.

It's a good way to track what areas are costing you strokes and whether you are improving.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I shot a 101 Sunday - easy par 5

Hole - Par - Me

1- 4 - 7

2 - 3 - 4

3 - 4 - s

5 - 4 - 6

6 - 3 - 5

7 - 4 - 5

8 - 4 - 6

9 - 5 - 7

(51) (par 35)

10 - 4 - 5

11 - 4 - 7

12 - 5 - 7

13 - 3 - 5

14 - 4 - 5

15 - 4 -4 I MADE A PAR

16 - 4 -6

17- 3 - 5

18 - 5 - 6

(50) ( 36) - Total 101

I only 3+ putted on 5 holes - HUGE for me - chipping/short game is coming along - what a difference it makes in your score - think - i extra putt per hole is 18 strokes to your game
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

6. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Chipping/putting is HUGE to overall score. Great job. I am hoping to get back to playing soon.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information