View Poll Results: Should Political and/or Religious sigs and avatars be allowed?

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • No Political Sigs or Avatars should be allowed

3 3.85%
  • No Religious Sigs or Avatars should be allowed

0 0%
  • No Political or Religious Sigs or Avatars should be allowed

19 24.36%
  • Only Positive Political Sigs or Avatars should be allowed

5 6.41%
  • Only Positive Religious sigs or Avatars should be allowed

0 0%
  • Only Positive Religious and Political Sigs or Avatars should be allowed

21 26.92%
  • Any Political Sig or Avatars should be allowed

3 3.85%
  • Any Religious Sig or Avatars should be allowed

0 0%
  • Any Political or Religious Sig or Avatars should be allowed

27 34.62%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Should political or religious sigs and avatars be allowed?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I see nothing wrong with "positive only" political or religious sigs/avatars. No one should be offended with something that is positive. That would be like Bronco fans on here being offended by Cincinnati's or KCL's avatars, because they are of different football teams, other than the Broncos?????? The key is "positive", and I can not see how it would be very hard to realize the difference between positive and negative.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Guests to this Forum are almost always mature adults who will most likely pay attention to the football posts, read the posts, and glaze over the signatures.
    This space available for lease.

4. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

As long as there isn't an attack on a poster, I think people should be able to use what ever religious or political sig they want.

If you only allow some to be used then there will be disagreement as to what should be seen as positive or negative.

Plus, if I remember right, many came to this board because of the trouble they were having on mainia over this very subject. It's one of the reason's I came here...

Besides, what is offensive to some isn't to others. I have seen some offensive sigs that wouldn't fall under politics or religion.. IMO, unless we are only going to allow sigs regarding football or the Broncos, I don't think it's fair to stop those who feel strongly about politics or religion..

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

6. The Following User High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    As long as there isn't an attack on a poster, I think people should be able to use what ever religious or political sig they want.

If you only allow some to be used then there will be disagreement as to what should be seen as positive or negative.

Plus, if I remember right, many came to this board because of the trouble they were having on mainia over this very subject. It's one of the reason's I came here...

Besides, what is offensive to some isn't to others. I have seen some offensive sigs that wouldn't fall under politics or religion.. IMO, unless we are only going to allow sigs regarding football or the Broncos, I don't think it's fair to stop those who feel strongly about politics or religion..

Honestly, i dont care one way or the other but at the same time i dont think its much to ask that any kind of Politic or Religious sig or avy be a positive one. There's no reason to post an avy that says "Obama sucks ass" or "Bush is Hitler". Nothing positive can come out of that senario no matter which way you slice it. And many times as a mod i saw those exact things being used to instigate arguements with other members who have gone back and forth in the P&R section but yet spilled out into the other forums. Bottom line, if those individuals who participate in that forum arent adult enough to keep it in that forum than why give them the freedom to bring it out into the open? We inititally put those forums as Opt-in's to keep the heated debates from overflowing into the rest of the forum. When they opted into those forums they agreed to ahere to the rules constituted there. And right now having negative and offensive sigs and avy's outside of there is violating that rule.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by girler View Post
    Maybe GEM will share her dork moderator pin.

I voted the way I did because I'm just that kind of person. And a dork to boot, but not a moderator, so I'm just a jr dork I guess.

I resemble that remarkk...

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Do we really want moderators being the positive police?

I think the people who are always so offended should just go on being offended. Life isn't fair.

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Do we really want moderators being the positive police?

I think the people who are always so offended should just go on being offended. Life isn't fair.
    Hell Yeah.

13. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Worms anyone?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Worms anyone?
    Uour username offends me. Lets not have usernames either..

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

I always wanted a really big sig...I hope this one's alright.
    I hate baseball!

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Broncogator For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Uour username offends me. Lets not have usernames either..

We need a :throwdrink: smiley.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Honestly, i dont care one way or the other but at the same time i dont think its much to ask that any kind of Politic or Religious sig or avy be a positive one. There's no reason to post an avy that says "Obama sucks ass" or "Bush is Hitler". Nothing positive can come out of that senario no matter which way you slice it. And many times as a mod i saw those exact things being used to instigate arguements with other members who have gone back and forth in the P&R section but yet spilled out into the other forums. Bottom line, if those individuals who participate in that forum arent adult enough to keep it in that forum than why give them the freedom to bring it out into the open? We inititally put those forums as Opt-in's to keep the heated debates from overflowing into the rest of the forum. When they opted into those forums they agreed to ahere to the rules constituted there. And right now having negative and offensive sigs and avy's outside of there is violating that rule.

If that be the case, then those who are braking the rules by dragging the P&R debates out into the other forums, should get punished. Why punish everyone on the board for the actions of a few?

Besides, if a statement like, "Bush is Hitler" were true, that would be a positive thing to get out, don't you think? I of course wouldn't agree but if some feel that way, I don't care if they want others to see what the see and look into what they have to say.

What if someone said, "More babies are killed each day, then people were killed in the twin towers. Why is one life worth so much more then another?"

Would that be seen as a negative sig?

That's the thing, to those who want to save the babies, it is very positive! If even 1 life gets saved because of it, what could be more positive then that?..

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    If that be the case, then those who are braking the rules by dragging the P&R debates out into the other forums, should get punished. Why punish everyone on the board for the actions of a few?

Besides, if a statement like, "Bush is Hitler" were true, that would be a positive thing to get out, don't you think? I of course wouldn't agree but if some feel that way, I don't care if they want others to see what the see and look into what they have to say.

What if someone said, "More babies are killed each day, then people were killed in the twin towers. Why is one life worth so much more then another?"

Would that be seen as a negative sig?

That's the thing, to those who want to save the babies, it is very positive! If even 1 life gets saved because of it, what could be more positive then that?..
    You have to agree that there are better ways to convey an anti-abortion message than the example you gave. At the end of the day those things should really be kept in their respective forums. The main forum is first and foremost a football message board. And as ive kind of pointed out, when i was a mod it wasnt uncommon for certain members to throw up sigs and avs in order to instigate and antagonize others outside of P&R.

There's an old saying, if you think someone might take offense to something than maybe you shouldnt do it. That can apply to a lot of people including myself. At the end of the day i really dont care for myself but having been one to have to deal with the pettiness and constant childish behavior that comes from that forum on a daily basis i can understand a move to have members tone it down in regards to Political and Religious avs and sigs. My guess is if the mods didnt have to babysit so much there would probably be more leeway in that dept. But its a problem that still exists and never seems to get resolved.

Personally, i think there is a lot of things that suck in regards to various things and if i can be a part of this forum community without offending or trying to stir up shit i think anyone can do it. To me, if someone cant control themselves or find a better way to get their message out that is a personal problem on their end. If they leave because of it i cant feel sorry for them considering so many other members dont have that issue. JMO

Plus, for those that choose not to discuss 'abortion' or other religious/political issues (depending on where you think that falls), by having it in sigs you are focing it down the throats of those people that choose not to opt in to to P&R and don't want to debate abortion.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You have to agree that there are better ways to convey an anti-abortion message than the example you gave. At the end of the day those things should really be kept in their respective forums. The main forum is first and foremost a football message board. And as ive kind of pointed out, when i was a mod it wasnt uncommon for certain members to throw up sigs and avs in order to instigate and antagonize others outside of P&R.

There's an old saying, if you think someone might take offense to something than maybe you shouldnt do it. That can apply to a lot of people including myself. At the end of the day i really dont care for myself but having been one to have to deal with the pettiness and constant childish behavior that comes from that forum on a daily basis i can understand a move to have members tone it down in regards to Political and Religious avs and sigs. My guess is if the mods didnt have to babysit so much there would probably be more leeway in that dept. But its a problem that still exists and never seems to get resolved.

Personally, i think there is a lot of things that suck in regards to various things and if i can be a part of this forum community without offending or trying to stir up shit i think anyone can do it. To me, if someone cant control themselves or find a better way to get their message out that is a personal problem on their end. If they leave because of it i cant feel sorry for them considering so many other members dont have that issue. JMO
    So in your opinion that would be seen as negative? It's not like it was attacking those who are pro life..

Also, right now as far as I know, people can put just about what ever they want in their sigs. Therefore, those people aren't breaking the rules. If this is a problem it's because of those who are claiming to be offended by said sigs..

Is there anyway we could have an opt-in sig? If the members with the so called offensive sigs could click on a button to have an opt-in sig. Then anyone who don't want to see them, could click on something that turned those sigs off.. That might be to much trouble, I don't know? But that way everyone could be happy..

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information