Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pho/Thai

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I used to have Tonkas. not sure if they are as " Tonka Tough" as they used to be. Used to be able to beat the shit out of those toys and they'd continue to perform. great toys. quality.

I was in sears last night and noticed a sign for toughskins. My mom used to buy those for me, all the way through hs. I got beat up alot, but my toughskins always made it through the ass whoopings. I was not aware that they were still a brandname. parents,... any stories on them? Reveiews?

just curiious. nut
    I come from a very large family so my mom bought us all Toughskins too. It was so embarrassing to wear those when all my rich friends had Levi's. We couldn't afford those.

I got a paper route at age 12 so I could go out and buy my own Levi's. I was so excited the day I saved enough to buy my first pair. I'll never forget. Waist size 25. I was skinny back then.

2. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I come from a very large family so my mom bought us all Toughskins too. It was so embarrassing to wear those when all my rich friends had Levi's. We couldn't afford those.

I got a paper route at age 12 so I could go out and buy my own Levi's. I was so excited the day I saved enough to buy my first pair. I'll never forget. Waist size 25. I was skinny back then.
    nothing to be ashamed of WTE.. My mom dressed me like a douchebag for the longest time too. looking back, nothing wrong with TS at all. nothing wrong with a bit of humility. it's an honest jean

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

WTE

nothing to be ashamed of WTE.. My mom dressed me like a douchebag for the longest time too. looking back, nothing wrong with TS at all. nothing wrong with a bit of humility. it's an honest jean
    It's funny 'cuz Levi's today are lousy jeans. They don't last. Lately I have been going to Walmart and paying $12.00 for Wranglers. They last much longer than Levi's.

Interesting too because I think I paid $12.00 for my first pair of Levi's back in 1977.

6. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    It's funny 'cuz Levi's today are lousy jeans. They don't last. Lately I have been going to Walmart and paying $12.00 for Wranglers. They last much longer than Levi's.

Interesting too because I think I paid $12.00 for my first pair of Levi's back in 1977.
    I wore wranglers for years. I've always like them. all their clothing is pretty good. I have one pair of Levi's now. they are a carpenter pant. Make my ass look awesome, but not sure on the longevity as I only purchased them a month or so ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I don't get this thread title. Pho is Vietnamese, not Thai.

Pho is meh. Thai food....AMAZING! I am addicted to all kinds of curry. There's an awesome place where I live that makes outstanding Phanaeng curry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

9. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I love Pad Thai.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

11. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Pad Thai, Yellow Curry, Masaman Curry... I could live on Thai food.

Me and my friends go to our local thai place every friday. We call it Thaiday. They love us so much there we are on free spring roll status.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

how'd they make the mooseknuckle look?

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post

Pho is meh. Thai food....AMAZING! I am addicted to all kinds of curry. There's an awesome place where I live that makes outstanding Phanaeng curry.
    you clearly have never had decent vietnamese food-- it is by far the tastiest asian food. . . thai food is ghetto white trash compared to good vietnamese. . .

pad thai on its best day can't compare to a good plate of bo luc lac. . .

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post

I know it's not the same. I was including both types in the same title. Many restaurants serve both Vietnamese and Thai foods on the same menu. There are a lot of Pho/Thai places in the Seattle area.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    I know it's not the same. I was including both types in the same title. Many restaurants serve both Vietnamese and Thai foods on the same menu. There are a lot of Pho/Thai places in the Seattle area.
    many. . . you'll have to forgive cheese, she's an arkbilly from montana. . .

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    you clearly have never had decent vietnamese food-- it is by far the tastiest asian food. . . thai food is ghetto white trash compared to good vietnamese. . .
    I recently went to Pho Basil in Boston (which is a combo Vietnamese/Thai restarant Frau) and ordered a Thai beer. Very bland.

I then changed to a Vietnamese beer, the waiter seemed very pleased with my decision. The Vietnamese beer was excellent. Full of flavor.

Ummmmm, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    how'd they make the mooseknuckle look?

pad thai on its best day can't compare to a good plate of bo luc lac. . .

on the moosekuckle in toughskins. umm. toughskins were before secondary sexual characteristics were expressed, not much of a mooseknuckle in elementary and part of middle school. On the quote of frau. awesome, you put her in her place with that one.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information