Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Schlereth's deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I don't fight ladies.

You gonna party down like it's 1999 tomorrow night.
    I'm sorry..Joe started it..

I will probably have a couple of drinks..yes! Nothing major!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    KCL is the John Gruden of football fans

what?? Please explain kind sir!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post

what?? Please explain kind sir!
    You like everybody....not a mean bone in ya.

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I have no problem with Schlereth. If he's not a fan of TT, that's perfectly fine - a lot of people aren't. I'm still on the fence myself on him as a player (I've already made up my mind on him as a person). What I do get annoyed with is all of these former players telling the fans that "they're stupid" or "they don't understand the game". I've got news for all of you former players and coaches - football is not rocket science. You don't have to be a genius to "get it". There are many things in life that are more complex than football.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as far still on the fence as TT as player. I have made up my mind on him as a person, but I just don't know how any this will play out.

Anyway while I do agree that football is not rocket science in my mind what they are saying is that because we see a small slice of the pie we don't understand all the interactions of a pro team. Like the Penn State scandal. On paper that guy seemed like a pillar of the community and behind the curtain a total creep. I know that is a extreme example, but much of life is not what we see up front.

I respect Mark and so appreciate him for all he did in Denver as a player. He protected a lot of QB's so in my mind he does know a few things about the position. I won't take the fans are stupid comment personal because I know I'm not.
    Getting Stoked

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Im not accepting being called stupid by anybody, How ignorant does it make schelereth to label millions of people stupid and hes not? Americans are so soft now days, Just let people walk all over you and label you all sorts of things.

**** Mark Schelereth. You can say somebody made a stupid remark but simply calling the denver fans stupid because they like tebow and he doesnt is beyond ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as far still on the fence as TT as player. I have made up my mind on him as a person, but I just don't know how any this will play out.

Anyway while I do agree that football is not rocket science in my mind what they are saying is that because we see a small slice of the pie we don't understand all the interactions of a pro team. Like the Penn State scandal. On paper that guy seemed like a pillar of the community and behind the curtain a total creep. I know that is a extreme example, but much of life is not what we see up front.

I respect Mark and so appreciate him for all he did in Denver as a player. He protected a lot of QB's so in my mind he does know a few things about the position. I won't take the fans are stupid comment personal because I know I'm not.
    I actually like Schlereth a lot too.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonSackemMiller View Post

**** Mark Schelereth. You can say somebody made a stupid remark but simply calling the denver fans stupid because they like tebow and he doesnt is beyond ignorant.
    meh. this doesn't bother me simply because i've been called "stupid" by so many tebow fans that i'm starting to think they should be able to take it if they're going to dish it out.

It's weird just how much some guys want to crucify Tebow.

Why can't they just say that he isn't a very good QB right now, but with his work ethic, anything is possible...and then go on to say, from where they sit, they just don't see it happening.

I mean some of these guys...including Stink...take this whole dilemma surrounding Tebow...way too seriously. It's almost like it's hugely personal to them.

Wow!

12. The Following User High Fived hamrob For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    meh. this doesn't bother me simply because i've been called "stupid" by so many tebow fans that i'm starting to think they should be able to take it if they're going to dish it out.
    Im not going to call you stupid as a person because you dislike Tebow, Anybody that does that is the stupid ones, Tebow fanatic or not you cant call somebody stupid, You can say some of the things people say are stupid because everybody says dumb shit from time to time, But to say hey your stupid because you dont believe what i believe in insane. I dont mind Schelereth having his own opinion regardless of how one sided it is, Dont call me stupid because i disagree and act like your better than me because your were a average guard in the league.

14. The Following User High Fived VonSackemMiller For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by hamrob View Post
    It's weird just how much some guys want to crucify Tebow.

Why can't they just say that he isn't a very good QB right now, but with his work ethic, anything is possible...and then go on to say, from where they sit, they just don't see it happening.

I mean some of these guys...including Stink...take this whole dilemma surrounding Tebow...way too seriously. It's almost like it's hugely personal to them.

Wow!
    Yes, it's been that way with QBs, hasn't it?

Plummer . . . Orton . . . Tebow . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by VonSackemMiller View Post
    Im not going to call you stupid as a person because you dislike Tebow, Anybody that does that is the stupid ones, Tebow fanatic or not you cant call somebody stupid, You can say some of the things people say are stupid because everybody says dumb shit from time to time, But to say hey your stupid because you dont believe what i believe in insane. I dont mind Schelereth having his own opinion regardless of how one sided it is, Dont call me stupid because i disagree and act like your better than me because your were a average guard in the league.
    Yeah, I personally feel Schlereth was generalizing when he said fans are stupid. I think that as a group, they are. Individual fans can be smart, as we all see daily... but as a group, fans are stupid.

He also said that players shouldn't be allowed to vote in the Probowl as well.

One of his examples as to what's wrong with the system is that he felt that Chris Kuper should be in the Probowl.

*shrug*
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

What, you a Cutler hater or somethin', Top? Eh?

To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

19. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    What, you a Cutler hater or somethin', Top? Eh?

Yeah, I completely overlooked him. Cutler, however, was a little
    different. It seems the general populous defended and supported
    him, but after his departure, he seemed to become the
    personification of the devil himself with many of the same fans . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

Some people are just not happy unless its the next Elway right out of the shoot.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    They played with Elway. They have high expectations. Not everyone is going to love you. Some you have to force feed. Let Timmy force feed them....if he is, that means the Broncos are winning.

Hell....you are talking about a guy who used to piss his pads every game.
    mark S also played with kubiak and brister, as well as greise. he also was a redskin!
    of course TT supporters HATE on schlereth, because he is honest and objective !
    mark is a great guy until you disagree with him, then suddenly he's a tool.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information