Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Default Politics

Just some food for thought for those of us that think that the P & R is unimportant, divisive and want to make all kinds of rules every chance they can get.....

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/

Take a look at the threads and post counts of every nook and cranny on the site.

1. Broncos Talk 2,988 threads, 121,714 posts.

2. The Lounge 927 threads, 117,924 posts.

3. P & R 2,108 threads 84,635 posts.

Those are the top 3 postgetters out of everything.

Whether you like it or not, it is a HUGE part of the site. It is about time it is not treated as the wart on someone's nose or the bane of the sports fan site world. Embrace it, it drives interest and posts here.

2. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

If it went away, along with the posters that post in it, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Just some food for thought for those of us that think that the P & R is unimportant, divisive and want to make all kinds of rules every chance they can get.....

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/

Take a look at the threads and post counts of every nook and cranny on the site.

1. Broncos Talk 2,988 threads, 121,714 posts.

2. The Lounge 927 threads, 117,924 posts.

3. P & R 2,108 threads 84,635 posts.

Those are the top 3 postgetters out of everything.

Whether you like it or not, it is a HUGE part of the site. It is about time it is not treated as the wart on someone's nose or the bane of the sports fan site world. Embrace it, it drives interest and posts here.
    Agreed - Politics has a lot of interest here, but the same rules that apply to the other areas (except for lesser ones for the lounge), also apply for politics. I don't understand what the problem is - just follow the rules, REGARDLESS where someone is posting - SO SIMPLE, and if you don't follow the rules, suffer the consequences.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

More rules isn't going to solve the problem. I bet you my current sig is more offensive than any political one.

8. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If it went away, along with the posters that post in it, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.
    You'd lose half the people here. And Missouri, if you don't like the P & R, stay out. Pretty simple actually.

10. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

You'd lose half the people here. And Missouri, if you don't like the P & R, stay out. Pretty simple actually.
    I'd miss Top and Dread, you're right. The rest of y'all....

and I do stay out of it. I have been out of it since the day I had a choice. My problem is when the trash doesn't stay in the trash can. I don't think it's going anywhere Atwater. I doubt you have anything to worry about.
    Last edited by Slick; 02-15-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A.) Not about how "popular" it is.
    B.) It was made opt-in for a reason.
    C.) I don't want to have to put up with your divisive and offensive sigs in the Broncos forum, or, for that matter, in any forum.
    D.) The more you whine, the more I think this shit needs to go. (the whole P&R forum and all. Find somewhere else to spout your crap.)
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

When you make your signatures political oriented, I can't "opt out"

The extremists that post on this message board are completely ruining a good board.

The only reason you are posting this crap is to get a reaction, it's baiting, flaming, whatever you want to call it. It's unnecessary, and I'm sick of it. It's time that the mods actually do something about it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    When you make your signatures political oriented, I can't "opt out"

The extremists that post on this message board are completely ruining a good board.

The only reason you are posting this crap is to get a reaction, it's baiting, flaming, whatever you want to call it. It's unnecessary, and I'm sick of it. It's time that the mods actually do something about it.
    The only thing ruining the board are easily offended whiners like yourself.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

Simple is right so how is it your having such a hard time understanding that we would like all the P&R BS kept there? I might agree with your opions more than anyone here but I don't come here to convince anyone else of it.
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived yardog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by yardog View Post
    Simple is right so how is it your having such a hard time understanding that we would like all the P&R BS kept there? I might agree with your opions more than anyone here but I don't come here to convince anyone else of it.
    Or posting political opinions here actually makes a difference...

Go talk to your Senator. I don't give a shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I like the political forums! I agree with atwater, if you don't like the forums, opt-out and don't ruin it for the rest by whining. I'm not speaking to any certain individual but if people are whining about the political forum, stay out!

As far as the sigs, one word of advice...make sure you drive blindfolded because billboards and bumperstickers will ccause you to stop driving!

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I like the political forums! I agree with atwater, if you don't like the forums, opt-out and don't ruin it for the rest by whining. I'm not speaking to any certain individual but if people are whining about the political forum, stay out!

As far as the sigs, one word of advice...make sure you drive blindfolded because billboards and bumperstickers will ccause you to stop driving!
    You can't stay out of the political forums if you have to look at a signature slandering our President because you don't agree with his politics.

I shouldn't have to turn images off from this website to be able to enjoy my time here.

I'm just sick and tired of moron extremists posting on this board, and turning this board into a political board. It's not a political board, it's a Bronco board. If you want to go post your moronic extremist views, go somewhere else. There are plenty of places elsewhere to do so.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Do you suppose that the recent Presidential election just might have had something to do with the perceived popularity of the politics forum? With the exception of the most recent 4 months (November, December, January, February), it's been pretty much "presidential election season" throughout the lifetime of this messageboard. I think one would see a significant gap in the numbers (way more Broncos-related threads/posts than political ones) a year from now.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

The only thing ruining the board are easily offended whiners like yourself.
    I disagree. MB contributes a hell of a lot.

I like you Atwater, I've said it publicly and privately,but I do find it funny that you show up from time to time when your precious soapbox is being threatened.

We know you hate Barak, Pelosi, illegal aliens. Your point has been made, even to those of us who don't go into those forums. Sometimes I think y'all should pony up the cash to start your own board so you can pat each other on the backs and stroke each others egos.

I think you'll find that the majority of us are far from easily offended. If I was, I wouldn't be trying to make it as a foreigner in another country. You should hear some of the shit I get told because people don't think I understand the language. Heaven forbid I have a Mexican woman on my arm. I am far from thin skinned.

We simply don't care to know how you stand on the political spectrum.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information