Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I like the political forums! I agree with atwater, if you don't like the forums, opt-out and don't ruin it for the rest by whining. I'm not speaking to any certain individual but if people are whining about the political forum, stay out!

As far as the sigs, one word of advice...make sure you drive blindfolded because billboards and bumperstickers will ccause you to stop driving!

I think this is the point. Some of us are looking for a place were we don't have the BS shoved down our throats and therefore we don't opt in to this forum. If I don't go there why should I have to see it out side that forum?
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived yardog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by yardog View Post
    [/B]

I think this is the point. Some of us are looking for a place were we don't have the BS shoved down our throats and therefore we don't opt in to this forum. If I don't go there why should I have to see it out side that forum?
    Oh well, I don't do sigs! I have my BRONCOS avi and that's my reason to be here. I guess if it doesn't bother a person like me , it's hard to sympathize with the offended! My only thing is if you whine about politics stay out of the forum and don't lobby to get rid of it!! And I'm not talking to any one person! Oh well, I'm sure Tned will get tired of the whining by grown-ups and do what's needed!!

OK while it a place for discussion about Ideas .. NO more personal attacks or veiled one.. discuss the idea and knock off the attacks..

One of the reasons P&R is so derisive is folks can't leave it in P&R it bleeds out into the rest of the forum..

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Do you suppose that the recent Presidential election just might have had something to do with the perceived popularity of the politics forum? With the exception of the most recent 4 months (November, December, January, February), it's been pretty much "presidential election season" throughout the lifetime of this messageboard. I think one would see a significant gap in the numbers (way more Broncos-related threads/posts than political ones) a year from now.
    Absolutely

And Eff anyone of you that call this whining. It's an opinion, just like yours.

6. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Absolutely

And Eff anyone of you that call this whining. It's an opinion, just like yours.
    It's only whining if you're not on "their side."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    OK while it a place for discussion about Ideas .. NO more personal attacks or veiled one.. discuss the idea and knock off the attacks..

One of the reasons P&R is so derisive is folks can't leave it in P&R it bleeds out into the rest of the forum..
    I'm going to close this down for a few minutes to let this sink in.. see you in 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I'm going to close this down for a few minutes to let this sink in.. see you in 10
    Ok lets see if we can be civil we will keep it going..

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

The problem with P&R is the fact that the members of it don"t treat it like the rest of the site. I see so many people in there that commit libel, and then hide behind the 1st amendment which so happens to not give you the freedom to commit libel.

There is little civilized discussion, and I would argue that very few of us are capable of that when it comes to discussing the subjects of P & R. People cling to their beliefs so hard that its almost like its terrifying to them to believe there might be some truth in what someone else is saying. Its not a spot of the forum where people practice in the art of philosophy (but it should be), but a place where people go to rabble rouse

T-Ned is taking a big risk in letting those forums exist. I have seen many great forums go down in flames from letting politics and religious discussion get out of hand. If it was possible for none of the crap that goes on in those forums to spew out into the other sections of this place, that would be fine and dandy. But due to human nature, I don't see that happening. I respect the sports opinions of those who usually have politically based avatars and sigs, but they represent themselves like jWalk iNtRoDuCiNg HiMsElF By PoStInG eVeRyThInG lIkE tHiS. I am sure if I met those people in real life, we could hang out, toss back a few beers, and have a good old time. But since they want to represent themselves in that matter, they aren't giving themselves a chance. And I am saying this because we are superficial by nature.

I'm not going to loose an ounce of sleep if we lost that section of the forum, or if we lost Broncos Forums all together. I'd rather not loose Broncos Forums.
    Last edited by Thnikkaman; 02-15-2009 at 10:16 PM.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    The problem with P&R is the fact that the members of it don"t treat it like the rest of the site. I see so many people in there that commit libel, and then hide behind the 1st amendment which so happens to not give you the freedom to commit libel.
    But, as long as you defame someone who is not a member, it's OK...lol...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Oh well, I don't do sigs! I have my BRONCOS avi and that's my reason to be here. I guess if it doesn't bother a person like me , it's hard to sympathize with the offended! My only thing is if you whine about politics stay out of the forum and don't lobby to get rid of it!! And I'm not talking to any one person! Oh well, I'm sure Tned will get tired of the whining by grown-ups and do what's needed!!
    I must have missed something here... is anyone actually advocating scrapping the politics forum? If so, I haven't seen it. All I've seen is an objection to political/religious sigs and avys which would appear outside of those opt-in forums....

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Then why opt-in Thnik and that goes for anyone else?? I understand some people go overboard but that's up to the mods to decline their opt-in privledge. Again, if it's about the sigs, it doesn't bother me if they stay or go, but for some to try and get the politics forum removed is going overboard because it is an opt-in forum!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I must have missed something here... is anyone actually advocating scrapping the politics forum? If so, I haven't seen it. All I've seen is an objection to political/religious sigs and avys which would appear outside of those opt-in forums....
    Oh, but were whiners.

I'm waiting for a picture of a baby crying, or a photo that says..."speed dial the Waaaa-mbulance"

Screw politics.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

21. The Following User High Fived yardog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    More rules isn't going to solve the problem. I bet you my current sig is more offensive than any political one.
    No, but if some would just follow the current rules, we wouldn't need to look at more rules. Wow....what a concept.

23. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Then why opt-in Thnik and that goes for anyone else?? I understand some people go overboard but that's up to the mods to decline their opt-in privledge. Again, if it's about the sigs, it doesn't bother me if they stay or go, but for some to try and get the politics forum removed is going overboard because it is an opt-in forum!
    I didn't opt into religion, and I believe Clay asked me to share my opinion on something so I opted in on politics. Most of which I ignore since there are a handful of objective posters on either side of the fence. Sometimes its like the movie Idiocracy in there.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

25. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information