Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Live chat with Brandon Spano of Mile High Sports Radio at 12:00 p.m. MST Thursday on BroncosForums

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Wow I had no idea that playoff revenue is that much. Would they get that much if we only made it through the first round?

Also I had heard that they may make the trade deadline later in the season. Is there any truth to that?

Thank you again for your time.

I understand that being a Coach is brutal on their time and I think I remember that Dawkins has younger children. I've just never been around a man that makes me believe I can do anything. I hope the FO finds a way to keep him around even if it to create a new job.
    I talked to somebody that worked in the organization about 12 years ago and they told me that 1st round playoff revenue was about 16 million then. 30 million is just my guess now. It could be more.

Thanks for having me guys!

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BrandonSpano For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Hey Brandon... I love your now infamous Tebow rants.

As I recall though, a lot of your commentary had to do with analysts not giving Tebow the chance to improve, and/or being otherwise hypocritical (and rightfully so).

Many analysts started to admit Tebow was making some real progress not only as a football player, but as an NFL QB as they wanted to see. There was even a few that said they felt he showed continued progress after the NE game (haven't listened as much this week).

What are your thoughts on Tebow as a passer and his growth, especially after the last few games?

Thanks for hanging with us, and keep up the solid work!
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I can't remember if it was on your show, but I heard a discussion of "if you ask any owner/GM in the NFL in September if they would pay $2.5 million to be guaranteed a trip to the playoffs, what would they say?" The answer was every owner/GM would pay $2.5 mil in a heartbeat, because of all the money they get from being in the playoffs.
    Wasn't mine I don't think, but heck yeah. Especially after the figures that I just laid out.

Brandon, what do you think about my boy, DJ? You, along with a number of people on here, gave me crap for thinking DJ was going to have a big game after being moved back to the weak side.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonSpano View Post
    Wasn't mine I don't think, but heck yeah. Especially after the figures that I just laid out.
    I might have heard it on Sirius NFL radio.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Hey Brandon... I love your now infamous Tebow rants.

As I recall though, a lot of your commentary had to do with analysts not giving Tebow the chance to improve, and/or being otherwise hypocritical (and rightfully so).

Many analysts started to admit Tebow was making some real progress not only as a football player, but as an NFL QB as they wanted to see. There was even a few that said they felt he showed continued progress after the NE game (haven't listened as much this week).

What are your thoughts on Tebow as a passer and his growth, especially after the last few games?

Thanks for hanging with us, and keep up the solid work!
    Thanks man. Tebow had only gotten better and better and better every single week until last week. For all we know, last week could be just the kick in the pants that he needs to go up another notch.

There is a FEW analysts that have said that they might have been looking at him the wrong way or that they have noticed him getting much better, but many are too arrogant to ever admit that they are/were wrong. Especially ex-football players who are now analysts. Not only are they the worst possible analysts that you could stick in front of a microphone, but they have had king size ego's their entire life.

Nothing like listening to a left guard who just started watching QB's 5 years ago, break down throwing motion and foot movement. Hilarious.

8. The Following User High Fived BrandonSpano For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Thanks man. Tebow had only gotten better and better and better every single week until last week. For all we know, last week could be just the kick in the pants that he needs to go up another notch.

There is a FEW analysts that have said that they might have been looking at him the wrong way or that they have noticed him getting much better, but many are too arrogant to ever admit that they are/were wrong. Especially ex-football players who are now analysts. Not only are they the worst possible analysts that you could stick in front of a microphone, but they have had king size ego's their entire life.

Nothing like listening to a left guard who just started watching QB's 5 years ago, break down throwing motion and foot movement. Hilarious.
    Well, I think they're all welcome to their opinion as much as I am.... Personally, I like Stink... just think he's dead wrong about Tim.

I'm hoping that Tim continues to improve, and eventually (hopefully early next year, if not in the playoffs this year) they'll ALL have to eat their words.

Have you been around the locker room this week? How is the atmosphere there after our first back to back losses in over two months?
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

10. Default

Brandon, what do you think about my boy, DJ? You, along with a number of people on here, gave me crap for thinking DJ was going to have a big game after being moved back to the weak side.
    As a player, DJ had his best season as a pro. What can you say? The guy has walked the walk. Many, including me, don't like where is head is at sometimes, but you can't deny that he has been very good this season.

As a person, I'd rather eat glass than hang out with him for a day.

Some of the bigger names and his biggest critiques, have moved more to a "well, I guess he's showing he can win despite his lack of skill" stance. Not really taking into account he's a young QB or that he's improving, just saying he's beating the odds despite being bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Some of the bigger names and his biggest critiques, have moved more to a "well, I guess he's showing he can win despite his lack of skill" stance. Not really taking into account he's a young QB or that he's improving, just saying he's beating the odds despite being bad.
    Hoge admitted he hadn't given enough credit to the leadership and intangibles... wouldn't admit he was wrong about his ability as a passer... though to be honest, the team hasn't really given him reason to yet.

I think I heard Dilfer (I know it was a quarterback) talking about how he was showing steady improvement week to week. That's what most of us really want, more than anything. If he can just look a little better at a few things from week to week (even in a bad game like NE)... it's a great sign, IMO.
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

13. Default

Exactly. It's either been that or saying that John Fox is amazing for winning with a QB like Tebow. They can't understand that it's okay to succeed, while not doing things traditionally.

14. Default

Hoge admitted he hadn't given enough credit to the leadership and intangibles... wouldn't admit he was wrong about his ability as a passer... though to be honest, the team hasn't really given him reason to yet.

I think I heard Dilfer (I know it was a quarterback) talking about how he was showing steady improvement week to week. That's what most of us really want, more than anything. If he can just look a little better at a few things from week to week (even in a bad game like NE)... it's a great sign, IMO.
    Yes, Trent Dilfer was sitting in front of me in the press box for the New England game and had some VERY good things to say about Timmy. I was very surprised.

15. The Following User High Fived BrandonSpano For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Hey welcome to Broncos Forums Brandon. I love your show.

I'm a little late to the party so this may have already been asked of you. I've heard that Von's cast isn't coming off anytime in the nearby future which means it wont be off for this game. Do you know if they (the team/trainers) are thinking of way to protect the hand but at the same get a little more use out of it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Hate this to be all Tebow, but let's face it - it is what it is

how much time do you think Elway will spend with Tim in the offseason? Also, let's say Elway either feels really good about his potential (progress) or doesn't. Is that time going to have a direct effect on our possibly drafting a QB and what round?

Well, I think they're all welcome to their opinion as much as I am.... Personally, I like Stink... just think he's dead wrong about Tim.
    Where I've lost respect for Stink is that for the most part, he's maintained that Tebow has shown no improvement and will not improve. He has come off of that a 'little' in the last couple weeks, but mostly just stayed dug in and said he hasn't improved at all, where anyone watching could see the kid's been improving.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information