Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the nice malls/movie theaters in Denver area? Other must do things?

Default What are the nice malls/movie theaters in Denver area? Other must do things?

What are the nice malls in the Denver area. If there is a nice on site (or close) movie theater, that's a bonus. When I go shopping with my wife, I like to do it by sitting and watching a movie.

Also, what are the must-do's in Denver? Museums, attractions, whatever?

How much time you got? Where are you staying exactly? Do you have transportation to get around or are you using public transit?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Downtown, but I'll have my car, so driving isn't a problem. Last time, we drove up to Breckenridge for a day trip, checked out Red Rocks, & went to the aquarium.

Oh, and a week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Natural History Museum is worth a half day.

If you have a week, go up to the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder. Best people watching in Colorado. If the weather is nice, you could continue on up 36 to Estes, which is just a gorgeous town.

Go to Casa Bonita. Food sucks, atmosphere is cool.

There's a big mall in Centennial, which I'm forgetting the name of...

Spend a night in LoDo.

That's all I've got. I'm sure the true locals will give you some better ideas.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Park Meadows on the South side of town is nice, as well as Southlands Mall which is a fair distance East. There's another mall towards Boulder - can't remember the name - and a trip to Boulder is worth it as well for the scenery (as long as you avoid the left wing wackos). All of them have theaters and plenty of eatery's on the grounds.

If you haven't toured the Coors Brewery, it's worth the trip in Golden as well. Even if you don't care for the brand, it's a fun tour.

Just remembered the mall toward Boulder - Flatirons Mall.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

don't go to casa bonita. don't.

if you're downtown, you'll obviously spend some time on 16th street, which has a movie theater. i work right off the mall and just saw a hot blonde. maybe she'll still be here when you get here.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good suggestions, MO - also at the Museum of Natural History is the Gates Planetarium. If you're any sort of space buff, that's a pretty cool experience.

The website that has a lot of things to do is http://www.denver.org/what-to-do. We check that out when we're trying to think of somewhere to take the kids.

Are you coming soon or sometime in the Spring/Summer? That would make a difference too...

I was going to say Estes as well. Go check out Estes park def worth it. Cherry creek mall is huge and nice. Park meadows is alright too.

If Estes is too far one of my ace of my sleeve for a date is drive up to echo lake. Its just past Idaho springs (30 min outside Denver) on top of mt Evans. Its secluded secret and the drive and view from the top is amazing. There is a little restaurant there at the top. Guaranteed to get you laid if she's not putting out either. Bring some wine and hiking boots there's some nice trails (easy walking) and make a picnic out if it.

Closer to town there is wings over the Rockies is an Aero museum with fighter planes and stuff up by buckly. Its kinda cool.

If you venture all the way down to the springs there is a cool zoo on the side if a mountain but its not worth the drive IMO. Only if your headed down there.

There is a town like that movie with fish in the name if it. You can't are it and its like in the middle of a bunch of trees but when you show up there its a big ass town. Its a aimed louviers. Not like an attraction but if you are near there its worth the 20drive min to drive through it.

I think mo or Joe is taking about the mall new mall at southglenn in centennial/ Littleton. Its more an outdoor type mall but it does have a nice theater there.

Without knowing you and your interests its hard to really say.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

12. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

When i was in denver i went to this shopping area outdoors that was like 6 blocks long, and it had a trolly that your rode on.

Otherwise watching that one episode of "Gangland" that features Denver in it, and visiting those neighborhoods is a must.

Oh the Morrison inn has good Mexican but some and it ass amazing margaritas. Place rocks!

And my gay phone changed stuff. The town is called louviers. And you can't see it, its hidden in a bunch of trees.

Don't go to casa its cool for kids . It its expensive and terrible terrible food.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    don't go to casa bonita. don't.

if you're downtown, you'll obviously spend some time on 16th street, which has a movie theater. i work right off the mall and just saw a hot blonde. maybe she'll still be here when you get here.
    I went in the parking lot and looked at it....but i heard the food was terrible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    When i was in denver i went to this shopping area outdoors that was like 6 blocks long, and it had a trolly that your rode on.

Otherwise watching that one episode of "Gangland" that features Denver in it, and visiting those neighborhoods is a must.
    That's the 16th Street Mall where many of us spent a lot of time when we were there earlier this month. Good times.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That's the 16th Street Mall where many of us spent a lot of time when we were there earlier this month. Good times.
    Pro tip: The buses don't run after 2 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

thanks for all the good advice, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Are you coming soon or sometime in the Spring/Summer? That would make a difference too...
    Winter, aka, now. Heading out on Friday to catch the KC game, and then spending the week, and hopefully watching a playoff game before heading home. A combo vacation & Bronco trip.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information