Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What are the nice malls/movie theaters in Denver area? Other must do things?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Denver Art Museum is right downtown. Heres their website:

http://www.denverartmuseum.org/home

I've not gone to the Pavillions Movie Theater - don't know if it has stadium seating or not, but I'm pretty sure there's one at the Cherry Creek Mall - just SE of downtown.
    Pavillions has stadium seating if I remember right, and is on the 16th street mall downtown.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Hey, gotta keep the wife happy. My idea of shopping with the wife at a mall is to drop her off and hit a movie for a couple hours.
    Keeping the wife happy is important.

When we were up there for the tailgate at the Bears game, I thought we had picked a place to meet up Saturday evening that would be good for the wife to eat with us and we could all eat and drink together.

We were there less than 3 minutes, and after Frau's review of the food, we had to switch gears and go eat someplace else.

You know that the guys who picked out the spot aren't married, or weren't thinking of wives being along for the ride. .. .especially wives of elitist ******** like me.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    You know that the guys who picked out the spot aren't married, or weren't thinking of wives being along for the ride. .. .especially wives of elitist ******** like me.
    Yea, I'm thinking I won't be bringing my wife to the Tilted Kilt, as much as I want to go back there myself! lol

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

The Denver Library is right next to the Art Museum. In the same vicinity as the Gold Dome state capital. I hate Downtown so I don't hang down there very often. Working there everyday takes away some of the lure.

Glenwood, as Dog mentioned, is fantastic. Hot pool & hot tubs in the winter....get excited thinking about it!! Estes is probably my favorite little Colorado mountain town. Treat your wife to a night at the Stanley Hotel.

You could take her up to Blackhawk/Central City and gamble a bit. I like the Lodge or Ameristar. Both have decent rooms. I don't know if they have any gambling in a dry state so it could be fun.

Theaters, 16th Street Mall has one. Tivoli should still be there on Auraria Campus downtown. Hit Coyote Ugly if you hit 16th Street Mall....leave the wife at home or she will hit you with her handbag.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Pavillions has stadium seating if I remember right, and is on the 16th street mall downtown.
    The Pavillions is ghetto as all hell anymore. There are plenty of nice options just outside of Denver that are great for seeing movies. Any theater you go to around Denver will have stadium seating, and I think most of the older ones have been updated with that feature. Harkins Northfield 18 is my personal favorite and largest non IMAX screen in Colorado called the Cine Capri. Its about a 10 minute drive from downtown and there is lots of shopping and dining right by it, as well as a Comedy Works which is always a good time. http://www.harkinstheatres.com/theat...theatreId=9967

16th Mall is pretty neat as always, as is Pearl St in Boulder. But don't forget about Old South Pearl in Denver! It has the best Indian Food (http://www.indiaspearl.com/) Sushi (http://sushiden.net/) and Burgers (http://parkburger.com/) around. Plus you can stop by and visit good ol' MasterShake! I live a block away from there!

If you will be here through next Saturday, the Denver Art Museum has a free day the first Saturday of every month, though you might want to visit during the week to avoid the crowds. Be sure to check out both the Hamilton Building and the old section of the museum for the complete experience!

As far as shopping, Cherry Creek and Park Meadows are nice but if you head up north don't forget to check out Flatirons Crossing. Its on the way to Boulder if you decide to head up that way.

If you are going to do a short trip to the mountains, head to Silverthorne (which has a great Outlet Mall and resturaunts http://www.outletsatsilverthorne.com/) but stop at Georgetown on the way up for some fudge.

I have tons of ideas, so just send me a PM if you are looking for anything specific.

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    The Denver Library is right next to the Art Museum. In the same vicinity as the Gold Dome state capital. I hate Downtown so I don't hang down there very often. Working there everyday takes away some of the lure.

Glenwood, as Dog mentioned, is fantastic. Hot pool & hot tubs in the winter....get excited thinking about it!! Estes is probably my favorite little Colorado mountain town. Treat your wife to a night at the Stanley Hotel.

You could take her up to Blackhawk/Central City and gamble a bit. I like the Lodge or Ameristar. Both have decent rooms. I don't know if they have any gambling in a dry state so it could be fun.

Theaters, 16th Street Mall has one. Tivoli should still be there on Auraria Campus downtown. Hit Coyote Ugly if you hit 16th Street Mall....leave the wife at home or she will hit you with her handbag.
    Yea, everytime we are in San Antonio on the Riverwalk, there is a Coyote Ugly girl hawking the passer byes to come in. I'll jokingly say, hey, that looks like a great place to have a drink, or that was a great movie or something, but then we walk past. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I have tons of ideas, so just send me a PM if you are looking for anything specific.
    I'll pass on a lot of this stuff to the wife (I don't let her on the forums, don't want her to see what I type/say), and then find out if there is anything else specifically she wants to do.

We definitely don't mind driving places, since living in the boonies, we drive nearly 100 miles to go to a crappy mall or wine store, not to mention just to get a good selection of chain restaurants.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

You must tour New Belgium brewery. I hear its the bees knees.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

If you're downtown, hit up 16th st, go to the tilted kilt, then go to the diamond cabaret or la boheme. I hope your wife likes boobs.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    If you're downtown, hit up 16th st, go to the tilted kilt, then go to the diamond cabaret or la boheme. I hope your wife likes boobs.
    Or Lannies Clocktower Cabaret for boobs with pasties if your wife is too classy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Wait. Is Tned going to the game?

Oh ****.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Wait. Is Tned going to the game?

Oh ****.
    I wonder what the BRONCOS overall record is with Tned going to the games

I thought he brought them pretty good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

He better otherwise us locals need to get down there on game day and kidnapp his ass. We will take him to a bar and watch the game then release him after the win. If he is not of luck that is.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

This will only be my third. Broncos are 0-2 with me in the stands. However, only one of those losses resulted in Broncos missing the playoffs.

Things turn around tomorrow, when the Broncos will move to 1-2 with me in the stands.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    This will only be my third. Broncos are 0-2 with me in the stands. However, only one of those losses resulted in Broncos missing the playoffs.

Things turn around tomorrow, when the Broncos will move to 1-2 with me in the stands.
    ya know, i'm 2-1 this year (counting pre-season), with the one loss being the almost-comeback against san diego that sparked tebowmania. . .

you sure you don't want me to sit in for you? for the good of the broncos and all. . .

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information