Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ' tebow is not going anywhere"

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Default ' tebow is not going anywhere"

Yes, I heard the answer from ELWAY, I guess it was like one of those press conferances where you only hear the response and not the actual question.
    allow me to re-create it for you !
    a member of the MEDIA asks ELWAY,
    "John, Do yoi think TEBOW is going to the PLAY-OFFS, or PRO-BOWL?
    ..and, can he take a team to the SUPERBOWL ? "

ELWAYS response;

"TIM TEBOW IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ! "
    I guess it all makes sense now.

Sorry guys, I am NOT a believer.
    tebow is a novelty, NOT an NFL QB.
    I hope we can still trade him to jacksonville in an everybody wins situation !

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

because you hope this, it is likely that it won't happen.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

I'm not sure if Tebow is the future or not, but he's been improving and I don't think one horrendous game is a reason to discount everything else he's done. These types of games happen to young QB's. If it becomes a trend then it's time to explore other options. My guess is that the Broncos' coaches and Elway will work with him over the Winter to see how he improves. If they see enough they'll concentrate on other areas, if not, they may draft a QB higher than a lot of us are expecting.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

5. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

That Bills game was definitely a massive low point in his development. He struggled with his accuracy and took way too long in the pocket which resulted in multiple broken plays. However, Buffalo did a great job of containing him and negating what he can do with his legs.

Even with what has happened there is no way that the Broncos can fully commit to Tebow considering these setbacks. The playoffs would guarantee him the starting job in 2012 (Even if Denver drafts a QB and misses the playoffs I can't see them dumping him quite yet).

It's one game at a time at this point. Kansas City will be telling as to the kind of player he really is. This is the ultimate pressure game and if he shows up and plays well there's no reason the Bronco brass shouldn't give him the go-ahead at least for another full season.

Tebow is a project. He still cant throw to right side. He still has trouble with pre snap reads. He still locks onto first read. He still hangs onto the ball way too long. His accuracy is still suspect. He does do some things well. He runs very well. He improvises pretty good too on scrambles. His teammates play for him too. That all being said, this offseason is huge for him. You can all but guarantee there will be competition for the qb job next yr. Tebow will have to earn it. Now it may be easier to do that depending on who they sign or draft. If they draft a Weeden/Lindley/Taneyhill it will almost be impossible for Tebow not to win it. However if they go FA route and sign Josh Johnson, Matt Flynn or dare I say Peyton Manning, then the task is much harder or impossible. Bottomline is the kid is basically a rookie and he needs alot of work. Hige offseason ahead for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I'm not sure if Tebow is the future or not, but he's been improving and I don't think one horrendous game is a reason to discount everything else he's done. These types of games happen to young QB's. If it becomes a trend then it's time to explore other options. My guess is that the Broncos' coaches and Elway will work with him over the Winter to see how he improves. If they see enough they'll concentrate on other areas, if not, they may draft a QB higher than a lot of us are expecting.
    I believe it's more between the ears for Tebow than anything. His decision making needs to be quicker. He's a very confident young man and I don't see any give up in him, so I'm sure he's going to work his butt off in the offeseason. Fixing his thought process will be his biggest challenge.

Also the receivers need to refresh themselves with a few months on how to catch a football

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I believe it's more between the ears for Tebow than anything. His decision making needs to be quicker. He's a very confident young man and I don't see any give up in him, so I'm sure he's going to work his butt off in the offeseason. Fixing his thought process will be his biggest challenge.

Also the receivers need to refresh themselves with a few months on how to catch a football
    I think this is the depth chart going into camp next year.

1.Tebow
    2.Vet
    3.Rookie

Weber? He's kind of the wildcard here. Depending on how EFX thinks he's "developing" and if they really had any long term plans for him here, then I can see him being the #2, which means we don't have to sign a veteran. If not, then he can go on the PS again next year.

11. The Following User High Fived RebelRocker For This Post:

That Bills defense has potential to be very good. Didn't they pic off Brady 4 times this year?

Tebow is still basically a rookie.. Rookies make mistakes! I laugh at the people that expect him to come out and perform at a pro bowl level or else he is considered a failure. He will get better with an ACTUAL off-season..

Not saying he is our savior. But with improvements, he will be very serviceable for us..

13. The Following User High Fived Locnar For This Post:

tebow has earned another year regardless of how this year ends. he has surpassed expectations and has shown times of playjng well, and more importantly lets nit forget that this year was supposed to be a rebuilding year, nothing more, and i think we not only achieved that but have shown to build on it.

15. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Locnar View Post
    That Bills defense has potential to be very good. Didn't they pic off Brady 4 times this year?

Tebow is still basically a rookie.. Rookies make mistakes! I laugh at the people that expect him to come out and perform at a pro bowl level or else he is considered a failure. He will get better with an ACTUAL off-season..

Not saying he is our savior. But with improvements, he will be very serviceable for us..
    Yes. Maybe New England should look to replace Brady since he had a bad game.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Yes, I heard the answer from ELWAY, I guess it was like one of those press conferances where you only hear the response and not the actual question.
    allow me to re-create it for you !
    a member of the MEDIA asks ELWAY,
    "John, Do yoi think TEBOW is going to the PLAY-OFFS, or PRO-BOWL?
    ..and, can he take a team to the SUPERBOWL ? "

ELWAYS response;

"TIM TEBOW IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ! "
    I guess it all makes sense now.

tebow is a novelty, NOT an NFL QB.
    I hope we can still trade him to jacksonville in an everybody wins situation !
    God Bless

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    to tell yourselves that TT has had just ONE horrendous game is lying to yourself !
    he has been LUCKY to be on the winning side of the game.
    he should have 20 INTS, not just 6.
    many of his scrambles look like he NEVER played the position before.
    His passes often look like he is a right hander TRYING to throw left handed.
    we cant count on miracles every week, or meeting up with TEAMs who dont field their best players or efforts.
    TEBOW is an anomoly and his "style" required adjustment.
    NOW the blueprint for beating TT exists and the miracles are OVER.
    fun while it lasted, but ELWAY and the broncos have to move forward in the faCE OF REALITY.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

how is 4 INTS and less than a dozen completions improving?
    can you honestly say his RUN GAME is improving?
    WTF the guy rushed for less thAN a dozen yards too !

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

how is 4 INTS and less than a dozen completions improving?
    can you honestly say his RUN GAME is improving?
    WTF the guy rushed for less thAN a dozen yards too !
    Cold weather

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information