Thread: Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Default Beverly Hills Cop IV (2010)

A fourth Beverly Hills Cop film is reported to be in development. The first news arrived in 2006.[1] Producer Jerry Bruckheimer had stated his intention to resurrect the franchise, but eventually gave up his option to produce the film. Lorenzo di Bonaventura was slated to produce the film.[2] Several scripts had reportedly been produced, the latest a fusion of several of the previous versions. The film had officially been given a greenlight, and the film was said to be still in development.[3] The latest news on the project was that Murphy was reportedly happy with the current outline, which was described as an attempt to recapture "the feel of the original".[4] In May 2008, Brett Ratner was officially named director for the project. Also it was stated that there were no writers for the project as of yet, and that they were still looking. Eddie Murphy is set to reprise his role as Detective Axel Foley. It is unknown whether Judge Reinhold or John Ashton will return to reprise their roles.[5] Inspired by the success of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Paramount Pictures is said to be aiming for a 2009 production start, in time for a 2010 release.[6] Director Brett Ratner was reportedly hoping that the film would get a PG-13 rating.[7] Ratner later dismissed the statement, insisting that the film would be getting the franchise's standard R rating.[8] In a recent interview with Extra TV, Eddie Murphy expressed doubt in returning as Foley as "the movie wasn't ready to be done." [9] However, in a later interview with MTV, Murphy stated he was not retiring and that he would be returning for the fourth installment. One reason he stated was that "the third Beverly Hills Cop was horrible!" and that he "didn't want to leave it like that".[10][11] Michael Brandt and Derek Haas were hired as screenwriters for the film. [12] Harold Faltermeyer's Axel F is reported to be returning for the fourth installment. Director Brett Ratner has been quoted as saying "It'll be back but it'll be a whole new interpretation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly..._IV_.282010.29

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Ugh, I don't know if I like this idea.....................they've already made one too many of them, and unlike the Indy franchise, Beverly Hills Cop didn't end on a high

Sometimes, it's better to just leave the memories
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

3. The Following User High Fived Den21vsBal19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I hope that director will bring Judge Reinhold and John Ashton in this 4th film. It would be interesting to see Eddie Murphy returns to Beverly Hills Cop. I believe it will be a good one.

Arnold Schwarzenegger- Terminator 3 (Descent)

Bruce Willis-Die hard 4 (Descent)

Sylvester Stallone- Rambo 4 (Pretty Good)

Harrison Ford- Indiana Jones 4 (Good)

Eddie Murphy- Beverly Hills Cop 4 (????)

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    Ugh, I don't know if I like this idea.....................they've already made one too many of them, and unlike the Indy franchise, Beverly Hills Cop didn't end on a high

Sometimes, it's better to just leave the memories
    True. However, I love Axel Foley and Billy Rosewood's characters. They were fun to watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I hope that director will bring Judge Reinhold and John Ashton in this 4th film. It would be interesting to see Eddie Murphy returns to Beverly Hills Cop. I believe it will be a good one.

Must admit, I've not seen Rambo 4 yet, after the two sequels, I couldn't bring myself to cough up to see it at the flicks

T3 was OK, and actually got better after I'd watched it a time or two, although I think the Sarah Connor Chronicles is actually better.

Die Hard 4 was much better the 3, although again that's grown on me over time, although they could have automatically made 4 10% better by setting it at Christmas

I agree that Billy's got to be involved, and quite probably Taggart as well, part of the charm of the originals was the way that they played off each other
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Must admit, I've not seen Rambo 4 yet, after the two sequels, I couldn't bring myself to cough up to see it at the flicks

T3 was OK, and actually got better after I'd watched it a time or two, although I think the Sarah Connor Chronicles is actually better.

Die Hard 4 was much better the 3, although again that's grown on me over time, although they could have automatically made 4 10% better by setting it at Christmas

I agree that Billy's got to be involved, and quite probably Taggart as well, part of the charm of the originals was the way that they played off each other

The 4th Rambo was actually worth it. To me it was better than T3 or DieHard 4.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The 4th Rambo was actually worth it. To me it was better than T3 or DieHard 4.
    I'll have to see about renting it one night................First Blood was a great movie, but the sequels were too Hollywood
    Last edited by Den21vsBal19; 02-10-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    You'll Never Walk Alone

10. The Following User High Fived Den21vsBal19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I'll have to see about renting it one night................First Blood was a great movie, but the sequels were two Hollywood

Yea, i liked the 2nd alright but the third was crap. But, the 4th one is better than 2 and 3 and almost better than 1. IMO

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I heard somewhere that a lot of their script was ad libbed.
    This space available for lease.

when i first heard of this, they said it was going to be made into a kid-friendly adaptation. f that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

15. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

I loved BHC 3. Wally world and serge. That sht is classic...How can you not like serge. Obviously, judge and the taggart need to be in the movie too.

The anihilator 3000 has all the features of a survival weapon. Plus, a microwave oven.

It shoots out over 300 rounds a minute, switches to stinger missiles, and has an am/fm radio with cd player.

The anihiliator 3000.......
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post

All those movies were suprisingly good, even Rocky Balboa. So who knows, but Hills Cop 3 was not that good.

18. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I'll have to see about renting it one night................First Blood was a great movie, but the sequels were two Hollywood
    I like Beverly Hills Cop I and II. The first one was more classic and the second film was comedy. It was funny when Axel Foley found out that Billy Rosewood got a huge cement truck and Rosewood drove like a rookie. Crashed some cop cars by accident and they were swearing them off.

Part three is 100% pure crap and I was surprised at John Landis because he was a great director for Animal House and Blue Brothers.
    Last edited by Magnificent Seven; 02-10-2009 at 03:31 PM.

20. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    when i first heard of this, they said it was going to be made into a kid-friendly adaptation. f that.
    If that's the case, then two words........................

Epic Fail
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    I heard somewhere that a lot of their script was ad libbed.
    I can believe that,actually......................same as Dakota Fannig and Denzel Washington in Man on Fire, there's just a 'naturalness' about the relationship......
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information