Poll: Are You SOLD On Tebow as our Franchise QB?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You SOLD on Tebow as Our Franchise QB?

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by socalthunder View Post
    Hey Zam - what's your opinion on whether or not McD should get some credit for drafting Tim? Also, I need some help with making some turkey stock. TIA.
    I give JMCD for being an arrogant idiot! he drafted TT so he could prove to the world how brilliant he was at molding TT into a proto-typical NFL QB ! MORON ! instead of using the talents that TT already had in his arsenal, he sought to change everything about TT, again I say moron ! BB sent us JMCD... figure it out !
    as for ther turkey stock, I will post one in the cooking thread if I can find one hear, otherwise i will start one.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Turkey stock:
    start with the biggest turkey you can find.
    my suggestion, josh mcdaniels.

4. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I don't see it. Sure, Dawkins is great against the run, and does OK blitzing, both of which would be great--if we had anyone at all to help Champ in the secondary. He's still an elite CB, but his age does not get thrown out the window: He's human just like everyone else, and the days when he could come off a teams #1 WR and cross the field for a pick on the #2 are gone. Yet it's almost necessary because Goodman gets destroyed every single week, despite redeeming himself a couple times with picks. He definitely strikes me as a guy who plays the ball rather than the man, which would be fine if he were putting up Revis type numbers instead of only 2 picks this season. The rest of our secondary consists of rookies, of which the only one who seems worth keeping right now is Harris. Brady will light those guys up like a pinball machine on Sunday.

Bunkley has played very well at DT, and the reduced pressure has certainly benefited Thomas, but neither of those guys are great. Ayers is steady but generally unremarkable at DE; Doom is the only real star in our front four. Mays is similarly adequate at MLB, though he gets a lot of help from DJ, who's been all over the field this season even more than usual. We have Champ, Miller, DJ, Doom and Dawkins plus a bunch of adequate guys rounding out the front seven and gaping holes in our secondary. This is not a great D, it's an above average D overperforming its current skill level thanks in no small part to a few key stars, two of whom are aging rapidly.
    Ayers definitely has not lived up to what we wanted him to be that's for sure. The DT position is playing a whole of a lot better than with J.Williams and Bannan that's for sure. Mays is a good run stopping LB but ask him to move and the dude is slow. DJ is played one of his best games last week ever. I say a FA or 2 plus a draft pick to shore this LB corp up.

Our secondary is old. Moore and Carter will have to step it up to take over the reigns once Dawk is gone. I see us drafting a CB plus signing a FA to help out Bailey. Syd will be back next year and he showed some promise. Chris Harris hands down is playing great. I didn't think much of him the first couple of games he played but he has played inspired during this winning streak.

The reason I believe they are solid is because they are keeping the score down during this winning streak minus the vikes game. Some switch got flipped in their head and these dudes are balling right now. I know Brady is one of the most formidable QB's if not the most in NFL. I just see Doom and Von getting to him. And I believe if the Pats do stop them the inside DL will win their one on one matchup and Brady will have a tuff time to finding all his targets.
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I disagree about Ayers. Ayers isn't flashy and he doesn't get a lot of sacks but he's been a mainstay on our DL this season and he is very good against the rush.

People really are missing the boat on Ayers, he's played very well.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    I am like ELWAY on the tebow phenomenon.
    NOT SOLD YET!
    TT is like joan of arc.
    A heaven sent leader unstoppable unless those he loyally serves betray and abandon him to tortuous death at the hands of those who hate and falsely accuse him? Maybe; have any Saints (outside NO) spoken to him?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    A heaven sent leader unstoppable unless those he loyally serves betray and abandon him to tortuous death at the hands of those who hate and falsely accuse him? Maybe; have any Saints (outside NO) spoken to him?
    Yes, John Elway.

That, and I hear he talks to himself in the shower. So thats two, right there.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Wondering where Bronco Nation stands right about now.

I know we all WANT Tim to be the man, but how many are sold on him at this point?

Poll coming.
    I am sold on him being the starter for the remainder of the year and going into next year. Depending on how that works out-especially the next year part-is where I am at.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I disagree about Ayers. Ayers isn't flashy and he doesn't get a lot of sacks but he's been a mainstay on our DL this season and he is very good against the rush.

People really are missing the boat on Ayers, he's played very well.
    Not to mention D line usually takes three seasons in this league to get real results. Ngata took a bit. Suggs did. Pierre Paul who went to an already stacked line took time. Dorsey in KC was about to be labeled a bust.

Ayers had the misfortune of McNumbnuts placing him in a different position than where he should have been.

He is looking pretty good. Marcus Thomas, too!!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

my friend, they can trade TEBOW to jacksonville for their first pick and from there get RG3 or any other QB that JE desires.
    What if RGIII turns into Akili Smith?

That would be absolutely idiotic. No way Elway gambles like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Came across old video of drunk Jerry Jones saying he would never draft Tebow and Tebow would never get on the field. Wonder what he thinks now. haha
    http://deadspin.com/5516297/slurring...ells-tim-tebow

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Came across old video of drunk Jerry Jones saying he would never draft Tebow and Tebow would never get on the field. Wonder what he thinks now. haha
    http://deadspin.com/5516297/slurring...ells-tim-tebow
    Probably thinks the same thing. Although, he would see more money signs when looking at Tebow, now.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    Ayers definitely has not lived up to what we wanted him to be that's for sure. The DT position is playing a whole of a lot better than with J.Williams and Bannan that's for sure. Mays is a good run stopping LB but ask him to move and the dude is slow. DJ is played one of his best games last week ever. I say a FA or 2 plus a draft pick to shore this LB corp up.
    I like Mays' speed; I've seen him run down a LOT of plays and make good tackles, both in the running and passing game. What I DISLIKE are his hands and his reads: It's good he can cross half the field and stop a receiver DEAD after a 7 yard reception, or finish off a runner after a 5 yard carry off tackle. However, to be an elite Mike he needs to diagnose that pass BEFORE the ball is in the air (it's easy afterward) and make a pick, and get to the hole BEFORE the runner to throw him back for a loss. That's really the only thing missing from our LBs, but it's huge, which is why I'd like to see Miller take over the Mike spot if he can quickly gain the necessary experience and coverage skills. Then we can stick hulking Mario Haggan at Sam PLAYING like a Sam, where his poor hands and lesser speed won't be a liability and his 270+ lbs. will be a big asset.

Ayers, well, Ayers plays like a tweener, which is what he is and all we can expect. He's a much better 4-3 LDE than 3-4 OLB, but I think we all knew that even before McDumbass made him the latter. Get a guy like Jamal Williams in his prime and our 3-4 impersonating a 4-3 instantly gets MUCH better, though upgrading Ayers to a 3-4 DE and replacing Mays with a pure ILB wouldn't hurt. In that set DJ could probably handle the primary pass coverage duties even with Mays starting, but if not Woodyard would be a decent ILB alongside DJ if he could add 10-15 lbs. without losing much speed. The big disappointment so far has been Thomas, who's finally healthy but still not dominating as we expected when we drafted him (remember, he FELL to the 4th round because of off the field issues, but he sure looks like a 4th round DT NOW.) Upgrading him might make Bunkley shine a little more (or maybe he's playing better than I think and making him shine already; a stud DT would settle the matter decisively either way, though it's not my top priority as long as those two remain adequate.)

Our secondary is old. Moore and Carter will have to step it up to take over the reigns once Dawk is gone. I see us drafting a CB plus signing a FA to help out Bailey. Syd will be back next year and he showed some promise. Chris Harris hands down is playing great. I didn't think much of him the first couple of games he played but he has played inspired during this winning streak.
    Our secondary is a mixture of very old, good and untalented; Goodman and Moore could be its face because they each represent 2/3 of those qualities. Maybe the rookies improve with an unlocked out offseason around Champ and Dawkins (if he doesn't retire.) I hope so, because Dawkins has one more year left AT MOST (how many 40 year old pro safeties have you seen?) and Goodman is wretched; even with his pick six a few weeks ago he's still scored several times as many points for the wrong teams. Right now, Harris is the only one other than Champ and Dawkins in whom I have any faith at all, but he's still young and it still shows too often.
    The reason I believe they are solid is because they are keeping the score down during this winning streak minus the vikes game. Some switch got flipped in their head and these dudes are balling right now. I know Brady is one of the most formidable QB's if not the most in NFL. I just see Doom and Von getting to him. And I believe if the Pats do stop them the inside DL will win their one on one matchup and Brady will have a tuff time to finding all his targets.
    Anything's possible, but if you want sacks from our DTs look to Ryan McBean, 'cos he has 4 and the rest have NONE. At that, McBean's a good player, but having first heard about him, not because of his play, but because of this: http://www.baltimoresun.com/kdvr-bro...,2109759.story I'm a little, shall we say, "gunshy" of him. In fairness, he was released, and the Denver DA stated, "new information did not support the allegation" but I'm still not fully reassured; innocent until proven guilty, but "unsupported"=/="false."

Anyway, if Doom and Miller get to Brady without needing four or five guys to run interference, that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. Watch three time Pro Bowler Matt Light play pattycake with Doom for a couple hours, then you tell me; I'll be overjoyed to eat my words. Miller has a good shot getting by Solder if Bunkley and injury prevent Waters bailing him out, but otherwise our front four will need help getting to Brady; I don't expect the Pats' offensive line to have more trouble with the fifth top ten blitzing team they've faced than they did with the first four.

Our D is playing above its ability, but it's also keeping the score down against some pretty bad offenses. San Diego's the best at #8 overall, then Oakland at #12 (remember, they had McFadden their first seven games, but not when we beat them.) Minnesota's actually the third best offense we faced, middle of the pack at 16th (once again, they had Peterson for the first half of their season, but not against us.) Chicago's 21st (but lacked the NFLs top rusher against us) and Miami and NY are 24th and 25th (to put that in perspective, WE'RE 23rd.) Rounding things out are the Chiefs at 23rd.
    http://tinyurl.com/cv7adm9
    The Pats are ranked 2nd overall. We have not faced an offense REMOTELY like this one; we beat the Chargers because Champ took out Vincent Jackson, DJ held Gates to 47 yards (and 1 TD) and they had NOTHING else (as a Cowboys fan, I have no idea where Patrick Crayton, but don't care now.) The Pats have offensive weapons coming out their, um, "backfield." This will be a shootout or a blowout; either way I expect few sacks; I'll be happy if Miller disrupts things enough when we rush four or five that it forces them to keep a TE to block. The Pats are only 9th best in allowing QB hits, so we might jostle Brady and mess up his rhythm, but sacks? If we have 3 it'll match their worst (two) games all year. Hopefully Miller can have another field day against the Chiefs and get the record because, although I don't follow them, the Bills evidently protect their QB well also.
    http://tinyurl.com/d24yzv3

This is a game we'll have to win on offense, because all we can hope to do on defence is slow the (arterial) bleeding.
    Last edited by Joel; 12-17-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yes, John Elway.

That, and I hear he talks to himself in the shower. So thats two, right there.
    So if Tebows the virgin leader and Elway's Charles VII (was DELIBERATELY not going there ) who's this guy?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_de_Dunois
    I sense a poll in our near future: "Who's the biggest b-----d of all the Tebow haters?"

Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Tebow

I give JMCD for being an arrogant idiot! he drafted TT so he could prove to the world how brilliant he was at molding TT into a proto-typical NFL QB ! MORON ! instead of using the talents that TT already had in his arsenal, he sought to change everything about TT, again I say moron ! BB sent us JMCD... figure it out !
    as for ther turkey stock, I will post one in the cooking thread if I can find one hear, otherwise i will start one.
    One could argue that the defense is vastly improved, while the offense has regressed in some areas. Obviously not crunch time, which is the most important time.

Tebow would be great no matter what.

McD wasn't perfect, but neither is any coach in the league. Point being, he saw the talent and he took Tebow higher than ANY analyst expected ANY team to take him. KUDOS to McD.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived tebowtime5502 For This Post:

Define "franchise QB".

If you're asking whether he should be entrenched as the starter going into next year, yes. If you're asking whether they should draft a QB in the 1st, the answer is no. It's not even a possibility anyway given where Denver would likely be drafting.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information