Poll: Are You SOLD On Tebow as our Franchise QB?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You SOLD on Tebow as Our Franchise QB?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    but ALAS the g.o.a.t. may not be thinking like you!
    if JE does NOT believe that TT can take this team to the SB and win it, he will lok elsewhere in this years draft !
    if he sees a PATHWAY to LUCK he will take it !
    RG3 might also be enough motivation for JE to trade away TT as well.
    a loss to the orton led cheifs will make it even easier for JE to make that trade, regardless of how unpopular it might be.
    Ever think about getting one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    '72 Super Bowl, technically; Jim Nantz ultimately caught that error when he made it (or, more likely, someone on the crew whispered it to him.)
    True, but I always think of it as the 1971 Superbowl because it was the 1971 Cowboys. I watched that game and loved every minute of it. Now the actual 1971 Superbowl with the 1970 Cowboys....ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Dungy's a great defensive coach but owes his sole offensive success to Peyton Manning; the only problem with Tebow throwing was that he didn't throw the ball away quickly enough when our porous line repeatedly let tacklers into the backfield, as they did throughout the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters on runs and passes alike. The passing itself was good, but not enough after three turnovers gave NE an 11 point lead and our D was incapable of stopping them more than a couple times.

The current QB crop can't be compared to the '83 draft because we know there were many great QBs there and can only speculate about the quailty of the 2012 draft. Tebow is a known quantity, and a pretty good one.
    Agreed, with the bolded. He was not good enough to overcome the gifts and that is the problem. As I mentioned earlier, there were still the overthrown/underthrown balls, unseen open receivers and, of course, holding on to the ball too long and the back-peddling. These are things that QB coaches have to address in the off-season if TT is to be a long-term solution.

I know that TT will put his full effort into correcting those things. Time will tell if he has the talent to actually fix them.
    I'd rather be riding!

I am actually more interested to see who is sold on Tebow as the starter next year....francise QB is a big comittment for a 2nd year

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

5. The Following User High Fived catfish For This Post:

I'm not sure what "franchise QB" means. But I think Tim will be the QB going forward for several reasons. And this is something that pleases me. He's shown a tremendous amount of improvement and, because of his fame, people are forgetting that he's essentially still a rookie.

What I wonder is, with Tim's ability to buy extra time, why are more WRs not getting open even with that added time? He's throwing it away far too much because guys aren't open.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    I am actually more interested to see who is sold on Tebow as the starter next year....francise QB is a big comittment for a 2nd year
    The answer I was looking for in the poll was 'Sold on him for next year's starter.'

I put 'provided continued growth as a passer over the next few weeks... but I'm really curious how he looks next year.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Orange View Post
    I'm not sure what "franchise QB" means. But I think Tim will be the QB going forward for several reasons. And this is something that pleases me. He's shown a tremendous amount of improvement and, because of his fame, people are forgetting that he's essentially still a rookie.

What I wonder is, with Tim's ability to buy extra time, why are more WRs not getting open even with that added time? He's throwing it away far too much because guys aren't open.
    I think part of it is also his hesitancy to force throws for the fear of throwing interceptions. In some of those wide shots where they showed what it looked like down field the receivers had just a step on the defender. A guy like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, etc. makes that throw. As he develops, the WR's will look better.

Having some misdirection plays in the throwing game will help as well. That also will require some time and experience with Tebow, and a line that can keep him upright.

I'm excited to see what he'll be like next year with an entire off-season to work on his game.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I think part of it is also his hesitancy to force throws for the fear of throwing interceptions. In some of those wide shots where they showed what it looked like down field the receivers had just a step on the defender. A guy like Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, etc. makes that throw. As he develops, the WR's will look better.

Having some misdirection plays in the throwing game will help as well. That also will require some time and experience with Tebow, and a line that can keep him upright.

I'm excited to see what he'll be like next year with an entire off-season to work on his game.
    When he scrambles, the field should be opening up and defenders should be spreading out. This and the added time for WRs to get open hasn't allowed them to do so. The WRs need to be better at this. I also disagree with what you're saying if you're commenting on the same thing I remember. From what I saw, they simply weren't open especially after the extra time. It was ridiculous.

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

I think he can do it. He's still learning but seeing some of the passes he made in the 1st and 4th quarter, he's on his way. His mistakes Sunday were decision making (holding onto the ball too long). I wouldn't be butt sore if the team still drafted a QB, but I think Tebow will compete just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    I think he can do it. He's still learning but seeing some of the passes he made in the 1st and 4th quarter, he's on his way. His mistakes Sunday were decision making (holding onto the ball too long). I wouldn't be butt sore if the team still drafted a QB, but I think Tebow will compete just fine.
    I will respond by saying that the team should aquire a QB, either through draft or FA....they need a backup to step in. RE-sign Quinn, draft a 3rd/4th rounder whatever. I just think drafting someone they expect to take over with what is shaping up to be a passable starer already on the roster wold not only be a waste, but would potentially bite the FO in the ass

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

14. The Following User High Fived catfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

I will respond by saying that the team should aquire a QB, either through draft or FA....they need a backup to step in. RE-sign Quinn, draft a 3rd/4th rounder whatever. I just think drafting someone they expect to take over with what is shaping up to be a passable starer already on the roster wold not only be a waste, but would potentially bite the FO in the ass
    I agree. Theres still time to assess. 2 games and wha tooks like a playoff birth. We'll see how Teebs handles himself after this loss. I'm mostly pleased with his progress in just this 6 game stretch. You can really see how the offense was revamped to strickly running, and game by game, they included more and more pass plays. He threaded some good ones so his accuracy is improving. He's just gotta be more consistant at it now.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    There was one play where he took the 57-yard sack where he looked rediculas (hahahah spelkling), but it was 4th and 17....
    npo that [play where he ran around in the backfield like a spinning top bopuncing off walls...
    right into a tackler...
    thaT WAS VERY EMBARASSING.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
    True, but I always think of it as the 1971 Superbowl because it was the 1971 Cowboys. I watched that game and loved every minute of it. Now the actual 1971 Superbowl with the 1970 Cowboys....ugh.
    So many "almosts" with those Meredith and Morton teams. I still think if Staubach had had the luxury of the David Robinson Rule the Cowboys win the first two Super Bowls and the trophy's named after Landry. Can you imagine how much people would hate Dallas if that had happened? As it is, they're a Jackie Smith drop away from being the best team of the '70s. Denver coaches should get tape of that play and make all our receivers watch it, then tell them that's the closest the 5 time Pro Bowler ever got to a Super Bowl win, and the sole reason he's widely remembered today.

Sad to see Jerry Jones doing his best Al Davis impression with Americas Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
    Agreed, with the bolded. He was not good enough to overcome the gifts and that is the problem. As I mentioned earlier, there were still the overthrown/underthrown balls, unseen open receivers and, of course, holding on to the ball too long and the back-peddling. These are things that QB coaches have to address in the off-season if TT is to be a long-term solution.

I know that TT will put his full effort into correcting those things. Time will tell if he has the talent to actually fix them.
    He's got the talent, and the smarts, and the effort is there, along with the coaching, so I'm confident we'll all be very satisfied with the outcome. But, continuing the theme, Troy Aikman and the two time defending SB Champs weren't good enough to overcome 3 first half turnovers on their end of the field against a great offense, and they had a much better D than ours. I saw very few true under/overthrows from Tebow, no more than I'd expect from any good NFL QB. He'll back-pedal a lot less when he's got some decent blocking; I'm looking forward to how Clady will perform when healthy and Franklin after a years experience plus a full offseason.

My only complaints with him now are that he sometimes holds the ball too long trying to "make something happen" and doesn't get through his progressions at game speed. There's still a tendency to lock onto one receiver, but with the unreliability of our receivers I can't fault him much there; in his place, I'd be afraid to go away from the ONE guy who's making catches, too. Those are fairly minor issues that aren't hard to correct with good coaching, talent and a strong work ethic, all of which he has. I'd still take him over any second year QB in the League, and he's still improving, so why would anyone want to switch him for a great big question mark?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

npo that [play where he ran around in the backfield like a spinning top bopuncing off walls...
    right into a tackler...
    I guess it must have been extremely embarrassing when a seasoned vet like Brady was blasted by Dumervil. Someone of Brady's caliber and experience should have seen that right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

man, somebody oughta let JRwiz know this zambini guy stole his phone. . . .

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sam John

right into a tackler...
    Zam, your typing is embarrassing.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information