Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: McDaniels' influence still felt in Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Tops here and made a post.........................

I have missed you soooo much. Please stay, you are missed when you are gone.
    Getting Stoked

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The Moreno pick Seemed like a good pick at the time. If he cant stay healthy, he is of no use. Now it looks like a wasted pick. Hopefully he returns someday and can contribute

4. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post

I've always liked topper.

6. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

What a bunch of horseshit.

Worst Bronco ever.

At this point, the damage that mother****** did to this organization has been beaten into the ground and doesn't need rehashing.

He gets no credit from me. Ever. **** you McDaniels.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

8. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Great read by Adam Schefter!

Call him McFired, McStupid . . . whatever you want, but a big reason the
    Broncos are winning today is because of what Josh McDaniels brought to usbefore he was shown the door . . .

Read the rest of it at ESPN.com

-
    What's this "us" business? You're a chiefs fan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post

the prodigal larry returns. . .

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Josh McD could assemble the most talented roster of all time and they wouldn't win anything of great significance. He lost the locker room here in Denver and that turned out to be his downfall more so than any taping scandal. McD just didn't understand the dynamics of a player/coach relationship nor did he have the requisite people skills to get people to put out their all for him. I hate to relate football to the military, but the most successful leaders I've ever had were ones that you felt you worked with rather than for.

If you can find a way to get a group of people "buy in" they will work much harder towards the common goal you all share. When you belittle and treat those who hold the keys to your personal success or failure like shit... Well, you will fail...

I don't care what McD does or where he goes, until he learns the dynamics of leadership he will never be successful.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Josh McD could assemble the most talented roster of all time and they wouldn't win anything of great significance. He lost the locker room here in Denver and that turned out to be his downfall more so than any taping scandal. McD just didn't understand the dynamics of a player/coach relationship nor did he have the requisite people skills to get people to put out their all for him. I hate to relate football to the military, but the most successful leaders I've ever had were ones that you felt you worked with rather than for.

If you can find a way to get a group of people "buy in" they will work much harder towards the common goal you all share. When you belittle and treat those who hold the keys to your personal success or failure like shit... Well, you will fail...

I don't care what McD does or where he goes, until he learns the dynamics of leadership he will never be successful.
    Josh McDaniels is not going to learn the dynamics of leadership. It's not in his personality. He's to egocentric and narcissistic.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Josh McDaniels is not going to learn the dynamics of leadership. It's not in his personality. He's to egocentric and narcissistic.
    Sadly, you can't really learn leadership. You can try to be better at it, but the best leaders are born with it honestly.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

The McD offense worked with Brady, because of Brady. McD's offense hasn't worked anywhere else. The guy is advanced in LOSING!
    ya, but to be fair it worked to the degree of greatest offensive season in NFL history. Yes, Tom Brady is a big reason for that, but Tom Brady isn't the only great QB in NFL history. Yes, the system was already in place but every coach builds off someone else's system. It was still McDaniel's offense, even if it was adapted from the offense of his predecessors, that produced the greatest offense in history.

Before McD got there, Sam Bradford was making huge strides. He has Steven Jackson and won't give him the ball. You can make all the excuses you want, but I'll let his W-L record prove my point.
    So now OCs are judged on W-L records? c'mon now, that's a bit silly.

You made the statement he hasn't exactly had the best offensive talent, and then tell posters that the fact he shipped most of the talent out the door isn't the point your making. If you ship your talent out the door, you don't have any talent. Did someone force him to do that? Nope. So don't use him not having talent as a factor.
    Tebow-BThomas-Decker-McGahee >>>>> Cutler-Marshall-Scheffler-Hillis.

I don't get why people that hate McDaniels because he was such a headcase miss the quartet of headcases he shipped out so much.

Shefter may be right, but I don't think he will have much success anywhere, because well....he's just not that good.
    He's still just a pup in NFL coaches terms. Hard to believe he's accomplished as much as he has as coach in the NFL at such a young age (even with the bomb as a HC) without being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Hell yeah McDoosh's presence is still felt in Denver. I Still curse his sorry ass when I see the lack of talent on this team!
    I dunno Rav, do you remember the article that came out a while ago that said how many ex Broncos from Shanny's last couple of years never played in the NFL again after being finally being cut by the Broncos? I don't remember the specific number, but it was way too high.

Even if someone believes Cutler-Marshall-Scheffler-Hillis was going to be the Bronco version of Aikman-Irvin-Novacek-Smith, that's still only 4 of 53 players (and no, they weren't going to be). We weren't a talented ball club when Shannahan was let go.

That's the problem....I don't see any positives.
    McDaniel's tenure provided us with our starting QB (who some are very high on), our two starting WRs, two starting OL, our starting LDE, RCB, and Dawkins.

So 8 of 22 starters, a year after he was canned and after only 2 years on the job. People can complain about any and all of those starters if they want, but fact is they're starting for an 8-5 team that should win it's division.

Moreno's also contributed, even though he's fragile, and iirc McDaniel's era also re-signed Dumervil.

There's also the little fact that without our record last year, there's no Von Miller

At least some of that has to be positive, no?

You don't know thats wrong yet. We have had a TON TON of luck this year. McDaniels is the JOKE around the NFL and around t hose that talk about the NFL. He SCREWED this franchise, and even our most hated rivals admit it, and LAUGH at us for it.
    just a few weeks ago Tebow was the joke around the NFL, now he's the toast. Don't mean anything as far as McDaniel's future is concerned.

Thats a great point. McD goes 4-12 with the same playesr that are on the roster right now. What does THAT say about McD as a coach??
    Champ was hurt, Dawkins was hurt, Doom out for the season, Clady missed the offseason due to knee surgery, we had two rookies starting on the OL, Decker and DThomas were rookies, we were trying to play a 34 with no NT, we had Orton at QB and Von Miller wasn't here. Obviously some of that falls on McDaniels, but we didn't have "the same players that are on the roster right now".

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Um, yeah, Doom's been here since Shanny drafted him, but, c'mon, man:
    you forgot already Doom missed a season on IR??

Is McDaniels a great coach because he built this great team? If so, why did he take it to 8-8 his first year then CHEAT his way to 4-12 (second worst 2010 record, worst Broncos record EVER)?
    Injuries played a big part of it. I said in the offseason we weren't as bad as our record last year and that we'd be competitive this season. As much as I like what Fox and EFX have done, they inherited a team in much better shape than McDaniels did.

Or are we better because of all the defensive additions he DIDN'T make? If so, how did he contribute anything other than drafting Tebow at least one round too early?
    He didn't make defensive additions?? He drafter Ayers in round one. He brought in Dawkins,Hill and Goodman to immediately stabilize our defensive secondary. Do you remember the state of our safeties the last couple seasons under Shanny? Ugly.

On the DL he brought in solid vets like Fields, Banaan and JWill (although he had nothing left in the tank), got decent contributions out of guys like Haggan, Mays and Hunter.

Our defense went from some of the worst in franchise history to respectable in one offseason. The next year we had Doom gone and Champ, Dawkins, Goodman and iirc DJ all miss significant games. I don't mind the blueprint he was trying to follow...bring in vets on defense to bring us up to respectable while he built his offense (I know, Cutler yada yada yada, he's an offensive coach, he's going to build his offense).

I know, obviously I'm being a McDaniels apoligist.

Nope, I wanted a defensive coach when he was hired, and was ecstatic at the hiring of Fox. McDaniels was handed too much power way too soon in his coaching career, and he went all Napoleon. Hopefully for him and his career, he learned from it. If not, don't really care cuz it's not likely he'll ever be coaching the Broncos again.

But I have no animosity towards the guy. He was an arrogant ass, but so were some of the greatest coaches ever, including our own beloved Mike Shanahan. *shrugs*

All i know, we wouldn't be where we are right now as a franchise if McDaniels didn't storm through town, and I like where we're at and where we're going.
    If not me, who?

17. The Following User High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Tebow

McD is a genius, period. He shocked the world by taking T2 so high. He believed way before most of you and the media did.

McD played an instrumental part in multiple superbowls coming your way.

19. The Following User High Fived tebowtime5502 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post

Tebow-BThomas-Decker-McGahee >>>>> Cutler-Marshall-Scheffler-Hillis.

I don't get why people that hate McDaniels because he was such a headcase miss the quartet of headcases he shipped out so much.
    I realize you are fumbling around with stats to make McDummy look good but it should be:

Tebow-BThomas-Decker-McGahee-Marshall-Scheffler-Hillis >>>>> Cutler-Marshall-Scheffler-Hillis

Now which would you pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    Sadly, you can't really learn leadership. You can try to be better at it, but the best leaders are born with it honestly.
    Leadership, true leadership seems to be more innate than learned, but certainly can be improved on. Still, that takes a deep introspective, something that McDaniels seems totally incapable of.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Don't expect any of the McD haters to give him any credit for Tebow despite the fact that he deserves it.
    He does deserve credit for picking Tebow. But he could have had him at a whole lot less cost in taking him at DT's spot-so you could criticize him as well. DT would have been there in the 2nd.

He was one of the very few who believed in him back then and he is looking smarter and smarter about that pick week after week.
    How so? He could have played him. He didn't. He could have gotten the kid the reps he needed. He didn't. After he was ruled out in trying to trade Orton in going into last year he could have started Tebow. He didn't.

And the recent reports that this Tebow offense this season was created by McD and McCoy last season make him look even better.
    Link/Article? I haven't seen that.

He may not be the best personnel guy ever but he may have just hit one out of the park with the Tebow pick.
    He may have. What should be questioned is what his motivations were especially given the questions above. Afterall, if he knew all of these things, he would have abandoned Orton a lot sooner seeing how it was apparent to some of us fans!

Josh McDaniels traded Cutler for Kyle freaking Orton. In my eyes he will ALWAYS be a jackass. He jettisoned actual talent and brought in bums like Orton.

He made some good moves but overall his tenure here was unbearable and embarrassing. He has now destroyed the Rams offense and is well on his way to getting that staff fired as well, if not this week surely by season's end. This is right on par for the course.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information