Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: coffee smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm wondering why is this an issue? Either the world is becoming too sensitive or people have too much time on their hands! With all the whining the last few weeks in town hall, I'd say BF has become soft!!
    Maybe soft, not sure. However, what I think we have become is intolerant and polarized.

A rough Broncos season, combined with a very LONG and polarizing Presidential election has left this message board very polarized and has left MANY people extremely intolerant of anyone that has a viewpoint that is not 100% in line with their own.

I think somewhere along the line, we may have forgotten that the primary reason people come to a football message board (or other, non-technical message boards for that matter) is to share their opinion on subjects or read other people's opinions on subject.

There is no doubt that some members have started using the coffee cup as half sarcastic signature and half FU, but it is still just a dumb smiley.

Where does it stop?

Do we start to create polls to determine WHAT positions on a subject are 'proper', and anyone that diverges from that should be called an idiot or have their post deleted? So, do we start by creating a poll and decide whether or not Marshall is an 'elite' WR. If the poll is more than 50% "yes", then anyone that criticizes Marshall is open for being called an idiot for having a 'different' opinion?

Again, where does it stop?

Do some of you really want a message board where everyone posts the EXACT same opinions, so that what we get is one post touting Cutler, or Obama, or some other topic, and then 100 posts that follow with things like, "you are 100% correct", "you nailed that", "I couldn't agree more". Sounds pretty damn boring to me.

I will be posting this in the other thread as well in Town Hall, to get reaction on what people think and want.

Do we want a Stepford posters version of BroncosForums, or do we want to continue to have diverse ideas and opinions posted?

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Following the CoC's, Tned, that's all you can do asking of your posters! If they are so sensitive to take smilies and interpret them to mean something against them then where will it stop! Next it'll be high fives because you agreed with the guy who disagreed with you. Put up a disclaimer saying, follow the COCs but if you are that sensitive of a poster then you may want to go elsewhere. Sarcasim is part of the world, people need to deal with it and the smilies I see no offensive language and I don't see anywhere in the COCs where you can't use them as sarcasim. It's your board Tned and some of the whiners are guilty of what they whine about, oh well it's not the first time I have ever been called a smug *******!! BTW, do I give a crap if people agree with me and my opinions, not really.
    Last edited by Nomad; 02-05-2009 at 10:51 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

I blame our current situation of our country for this thread. We are becoming a kindler gentler nation. We can whine and tattle about anything and the powers that be accomodate the weak. Some oosters on here are perfect examples of this. ( Foo, i am not talking about you. I dont know you, but i do know oosters on here that need to grow a pair)

Quote Originally Posted by Foochacho View Post

Can we please get rid of this smiley, it makes me angry. It is a sure fire way to ruin any post. And any poster caught using it should be banned and or raped.

Thank you
    Sorry Foo

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Maybe soft, not sure. However, what I think we have become is intolerant and polarized.

A rough Broncos season, combined with a very LONG and polarizing Presidential election has left this message board very polarized and has left MANY people extremely intolerant of anyone that has a viewpoint that is not 100% in line with their own.

I think somewhere along the line, we may have forgotten that the primary reason people come to a football message board (or other, non-technical message boards for that matter) is to share their opinion on subjects or read other people's opinions on subject.

There is no doubt that some members have started using the coffee cup as half sarcastic signature and half FU, but it is still just a dumb smiley.

Where does it stop?

Do we start to create polls to determine WHAT positions on a subject are 'proper', and anyone that diverges from that should be called an idiot or have their post deleted? So, do we start by creating a poll and decide whether or not Marshall is an 'elite' WR. If the poll is more than 50% "yes", then anyone that criticizes Marshall is open for being called an idiot for having a 'different' opinion?

Again, where does it stop?

Do some of you really want a message board where everyone posts the EXACT same opinions, so that what we get is one post touting Cutler, or Obama, or some other topic, and then 100 posts that follow with things like, "you are 100% correct", "you nailed that", "I couldn't agree more". Sounds pretty damn boring to me.

I will be posting this in the other thread as well in Town Hall, to get reaction on what people think and want.

Do we want a Stepford posters version of BroncosForums, or do we want to continue to have diverse ideas and opinions posted?
    I think we're fine Tned. We just have many different personalities, which makes this place what it is IMO. Some people take things a little too seriously, but overall, what more can we ask for as members?

Foo had the right to start this thread, he was listened to. Maybe his idea didn't go over like he hoped, but he had a voice, and got an audience. That's cool in and of itself.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I think we're fine Tned. We just have many different personalities, which makes this place what it is IMO. Some people take things a little too seriously, but overall, what more can we ask for as members?

Foo had the right to start this thread, he was listened to. Maybe his idea didn't go over like he hoped, but he had a voice, and got an audience. That's cool in and of itself.
    I took the idea as pretty damned funny - lighten up, y'all, it was a great thread start. We just got all mopey and serious about it.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I took the idea as pretty damned funny - lighten up, y'all, it was a great thread start. We just got all mopey and serious about it.
    I got being a smug ******* out of it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Some people took me way too serious. Whatever no one here really knows me. I don't take many things seriously. Not sure why some found this as whining. I don't ever whine about anything I tried to get rid of an annoying smiley and failed. Oh well. :shrug:

Next I will try to get rid of that wigger Dream

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Foochacho For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I got being a smug ******* out of it!
    the smug ******** was only for the people that use that smiley after every point they try to make. That is what makes the smiley so annoying........It says "I'm right bitch now what? (now i'm gonna sip on my coffee while you try to make a comeback, fool)

At least that what I get from it. Makes you wanna smack a ho.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Foochacho For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information