Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
ehh, comes to to opinion honestly.
Honestly, it doesn't, not when the kids involved are on record multiple times that they did it to praise Tebow rather than Jesus, particularly after several were asked to stop doing it in the middle of the hall between classes.
Agreed Christianity wasn't involved.
Well, that seems to settle the matter then.
However, I am not that far removed from the public schooling system (3 years) and I can tell you first hand, Christianity gets treated MUCH differently than any other religion or view when it comes to regulation in schools. We had a discussion about this a few months ago with my buddies and it actually sounds like it is worse up north than down south, but its certainly not a regional thing. Not really a discussion for the main broncos section, but that's my input.
My honors alebra II teacher (at a public HS) was an ordained minister in addition to being one of the most respected member of the faculty (somehow, the day we overtaxed his patience led to us helping him brainstorm the math/science academy inaugurated the next year.) In additon to coaching the schools Academic Decathlon team (which I incidentally anchored) he performed a marriage for a pair of former students while I was in his class (and baptized me about a decade later.) Frankly, I don't see it, but YMMV; as you say, not really a Football Forums discussion, so I'll leave it there.