Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: Student's Tebowing in the hallway get suspended.

  1. #16

    Default

    If I had known it would have got me days off from school, I'd have Tebowed in the halls at least once a week when I was in high school.
    If not me, who?

  2. The Following 3 Users High Fived bcbronc For This Post:


  3. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9,076

    Default

    I'm just guessing if these students decided to sprawl out a rug, bow face-first towards Mecca and begin praying the school officials wouldn't have tried to have them suspended. Tebowing is akin to Christian prayer in school and the administrators are dead set against any of that going on.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  4. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I'm just guessing if these students decided to sprawl out a rug, bow face-first towards Mecca and begin praying the school officials wouldn't have tried to have them suspended. Tebowing is akin to Christian prayer in school and the administrators are dead set against any of that going on.
    shit, took 17 whole posts before someone used the "prosecuted christian" card. Even got a little Islamaphobia to boot, didn't see that coming! Well done!
    If not me, who?

  5. The Following 2 Users High Fived bcbronc For This Post:


  6. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    High Point/AVL, NC
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    shit, took 17 whole posts before someone used the "prosecuted christian" card. Even got a little Islamaphobia to boot, didn't see that coming! Well done!
    But is he wrong?

    Plus, I dont see how that could be taken as "Islamaphobia"

    Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

  7. The Following 3 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:


  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    shit, took 17 whole posts before someone used the "prosecuted christian" card. Even got a little Islamaphobia to boot, didn't see that coming! Well done!
    After carefully reading this article, it was clear to me that these students had no religious agenda.

    Tebowing, a relatively harmless act which emerged amidst the rapid rise of the Denver Broncos quarterback, is meant to be an homage to the second-year passer's religiously focused touchdown celebrations. No sooner had Tebow used his one knee celebration than the Internet exploded with impromptu Tebow copycats, filling the void created when planking became passť.
    The Riverhead teens were apparently just trying to tap into that trend, with Carroll saying that the group only intended to throw down one-kneed touchdown salutes, "out of respect for Tebow, and because Tebowing is the new thing to do."
    As far as your "Islamaphobia" allegation, are you going to deny that many schools allow Muslims to participate in noontime prayer at school? It's a fact that they do. I don't have a problem with that as long as the same accommodations are made to everyone no matter their religious faith or lack thereof. It's called having one standard for all.

    You are right about one thing; itís not possible for Christian to face persecution. Nor is possible for whites to be the targets of racism and males the targets of sexism. Everyone knows that all of us white, male, Christians are total scumbags that deserve any grief that we are given and that no one should ever stick up for our civil rights.

    This is very apparent in one of the Autism support groups that I attend. Iíve been accused ďforcing my religion down peopleís throatĒ by, mentioning that my Church is wanting to take an active role in meeting the needs of the Autism community, the need for Autistics to overcome their negative past experiences, mentioning that a general purpose 12 Step program that I attended at my church has helped me in that endeavor & if anyone wants to integrate Biblical solutions to their Autistic struggles to see me after the meeting. Iíve never quoted any Christian scripture or doctrine, only acknowledged that I possessed such knowledge for those who are interested. Meanwhile, our devout God hating atheist co-organizer, Tara, is free to make mention of those of us who have imaginary friends & promote her Occupy Phoenix activities that she does outside the group.

    I attempted to deal with these issues in a privet email I sent her last May. Iíd interpret her response as bordering on severing our friendship over it & becoming increasingly combative towards me personally during the meetings. Looking back on this in retrospect, she is clearly in the right & Iím in the wrong. Tara is exercising her right of free speech & Iím a white, male, Christian scumbag. Itís clear that the only solution to this conflict is for me to denounce my faith in Christ & become a God hating atheist like her & get a sex change. I'm still not sure how I'm to cure myself of being white. I am 1/16 Comanche Native American, is there anything that I can do to change myself into becoming full blood Comanche?
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  9. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:


  10. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    After carefully reading this article, it was clear to me that these students had no religious agenda.
    um, ya, that was kind of my point.

    Here's what Orangehoof said:

    "Tebowing is akin to Christian prayer in school"

    Bwaaahahahahaha....Bwahhahahahahah....

    sure it is.

    As far as your "Islamaphobia" allegation, are you going to deny that many schools allow Muslims to participate in noontime prayer at school? It's a fact that they do. I don't have a problem with that as long as the same accommodations are made to everyone no matter their religious faith or lack thereof. It's called having one standard for all.
    okay, you say the kids had no religious agenda, so what the **** does a Muslim saying his/her prayers have to do with this again? And can you provide me with a link or two of where Muslims are saying their prayers in the middle of a hallway? And maybe some where Christians saying their prayers privately (as in out of the way, as Muslims tend to) that has been punished for it?

    You are right about one thing; itís not possible for Christian to face persecution. Nor is possible for whites to be the targets of racism and males the targets of sexism. Everyone knows that all of us white, male, Christians are total scumbags that deserve any grief that we are given and that no one should ever stick up for our civil rights.
    shit, dude, tears are streaming down my cheeks for you. All those years you (and I for that matter, cept the Christian part of course) weren't allowed to vote, or own property or even have ownership of your own personhood. We're really hard done by. boo freakin hoo.

    This is very apparent in one of the Autism support groups that I attend. Iíve been accused ďforcing my religion down peopleís throatĒ by, mentioning that my Church is wanting to take an active role in meeting the needs of the Autism community, the need for Autistics to overcome their negative past experiences, mentioning that a general purpose 12 Step program that I attended at my church has helped me in that endeavor & if anyone wants to integrate Biblical solutions to their Autistic struggles to see me after the meeting. Iíve never quoted any Christian scripture or doctrine, only acknowledged that I possessed such knowledge for those who are interested. Meanwhile, our devout God hating atheist co-organizer, Tara, is free to make mention of those of us who have imaginary friends & promote her Occupy Phoenix activities that she does outside the group.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've brought it up more than once. Just speculation on my part, but I bet you bring it up every meeting. Probably bring hand-outs too, just in case.

    I attempted to deal with these issues in a privet email I sent her last May. Iíd interpret her response as bordering on severing our friendship over it & becoming increasingly combative towards me personally during the meetings. Looking back on this in retrospect, she is clearly in the right & Iím in the wrong. Tara is exercising her right of free speech & Iím a white, male, Christian scumbag. Itís clear that the only solution to this conflict is for me to denounce my faith in Christ & become a God hating atheist like her & get a sex change. I'm still not sure how I'm to cure myself of being white. I am 1/16 Comanche Native American, is there anything that I can do to change myself into becoming full blood Comanche?
    well, good thing is if you do go ahead with the sex change, you've got the dramatic self-pity down pat. haha, just joking around, no need for any of our lovely female posters to take offense.

    Have you tried looking in the mirror re: your relationship with Tara? In my experience (granted, religion is treated a lot differently for the most part in my country than the good ole USA) but usually when non-christians ask a christian to stop shoving their god down their throats, it's usually not because they've mentioned it casually once in case anyone's interested.

    I'm also guessing you have some issues with women in authority, whether you recognize it or not. Plus, being a god-hating atheist is an oxymoron. Obviously you have some issues with Tara's politics and feel because you're a white male christian, everyone everywhere should have to listen to your religious sales pitch whenever you want to pitch it. Well good on Tara for standing up to your attempts at bullying (more speculation on my part, but I'd bet dollars to donuts your private email would support that allegation).

    [/dr. phil]

    If not me, who?

  11. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    High Point/AVL, NC
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    um, ya, that was kind of my point.

    Here's what Orangehoof said:

    "Tebowing is akin to Christian prayer in school"

    Bwaaahahahahaha....Bwahhahahahahah....

    sure it is.



    okay, you say the kids had no religious agenda, so what the **** does a Muslim saying his/her prayers have to do with this again? And can you provide me with a link or two of where Muslims are saying their prayers in the middle of a hallway? And maybe some where Christians saying their prayers privately (as in out of the way, as Muslims tend to) that has been punished for it?



    shit, dude, tears are streaming down my cheeks for you. All those years you (and I for that matter, cept the Christian part of course) weren't allowed to vote, or own property or even have ownership of your own personhood. We're really hard done by. boo freakin hoo.



    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've brought it up more than once. Just speculation on my part, but I bet you bring it up every meeting. Probably bring hand-outs too, just in case.



    well, good thing is if you do go ahead with the sex change, you've got the dramatic self-pity down pat. haha, just joking around, no need for any of our lovely female posters to take offense.

    Have you tried looking in the mirror re: your relationship with Tara? In my experience (granted, religion is treated a lot differently for the most part in my country than the good ole USA) but usually when non-christians ask a christian to stop shoving their god down their throats, it's usually not because they've mentioned it casually once in case anyone's interested.

    I'm also guessing you have some issues with women in authority, whether you recognize it or not. Plus, being a god-hating atheist is an oxymoron. Obviously you have some issues with Tara's politics and feel because you're a white male christian, everyone everywhere should have to listen to your religious sales pitch whenever you want to pitch it. Well good on Tara for standing up to your attempts at bullying (more speculation on my part, but I'd bet dollars to donuts your private email would support that allegation).

    [/dr. phil]

    So you can make a bunch of generalizations, but no one else can. Got it.

    Great double standard post!

    Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

  12. The Following User High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:


  13. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    37,772

    Default

    These kids are dumb. All they had to do was claim they were "occupying" the hallway and their teachers would've bought them lunch.

  14. The Following 7 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  15. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    So you can make a bunch of generalizations, but no one else can. Got it.

    Great double standard post!
    Where did I generalize? I spoke about my personal experiences. In other words about specificindividuals from specific situations.
    If not me, who?

  16. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    High Point/AVL, NC
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    Where did I generalize? I spoke about my personal experiences. In other words about specificindividuals from specific situations.
    Some of your "speculation" about how a Christian might act would qualify as a generalization.

    If others in this thread can't post their opinion without your, IMO angry and sarcastic, responses, what is the point of a debate?

    Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

  17. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    um, ya, that was kind of my point.
    A key principle of conflict resolution is to find common ground in order to hopefully generate goodwill with the other person. Apparently, you didn't catch on to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    okay, you say the kids had no religious agenda, so what the **** does a Muslim saying his/her prayers have to do with this again? And can you provide me with a link or two of where Muslims are saying their prayers in the middle of a hallway? And maybe some where Christians saying their prayers privately (as in out of the way, as Muslims tend to) that has been punished for it?
    I didn't think to address the issue of them blocking the hallway because I believed the fact that this group had no religious agenda for their "Tebowing" made it a moot point. Nevertheless, I don't approve anyone who wants to make a statement to do so in a way that impleads another person's right to go about their business. Back in the 90's, there was a Christian studentís campaign call, "Meet Me at the Pole." Its intent was to gather Christians together at the schools' flagpole in order to pray for them. In every school I've ever seen, the flagpoles are placed in a common area with plenty of room in which dozens of students can engage in such activities without impeding anyone else's ability to go about their business. If students, Christian or otherwise, want to "Tebow;" then I believe their schools' flagpole is the best place to do it.

    As far as my attitude about Muslims, I wrote a commentary about that on the 1st anniversary of 9/11. It was titled, "My Humanization of Muslims," which I self-published and hung it on the doors of every apartment of a complex filled with refugees that I was serving at the time. Many of these refugees were Muslims who expressed their gratitude towards me for writing it. Some Christians have stop short of calling me a traitor for writing it, but I stand by what I wrote as fervently as any Christian doctrine that I embrace. Me standing by these convictions played a major role in me being chased away from Broncosfreak back in 2007. I just started a new tread in which I copy and paste the entire commentary.

    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...93#post1480593

    As far as what appears to me to be your assumption that if theirs problems between Christians & non-Christians, then the problem must be that the Christians are shoving their options down everyone elseís throat. If this is the case, then it's a complete and total waist of my time to continue this dialog with you. However, if youíre single male, you & Tara might make a great couple. The only sticking point is that Tara with only date Autistics because she tired of dealing with neurotypical boyfriends/husband who doesn't understand how autism affects her. If youíre qualified, and interested, let me know & I'll see about fixing the two of you up.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  18. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    19,451

    Default

    Getting suspended from schools sounds totally awesome!

  19. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alachua, FL
    Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Tebow
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Sounds like those babies over at Broncos Country.

    I'm glad Timmy ain't no softie.

  20. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    Some of your "speculation" about how a Christian might act would qualify as a generalization.
    again, just going by my own personal experiences. Obviously they won't hold true for every other similar experience.

    If others in this thread can't post their opinion without your, IMO angry and sarcastic, responses, what is the point of a debate?
    If your opinion is that these kids got suspended because they were saying Christian prayers and not Muslim ones, even though the quote from the kid himself makes it blatantly clear their Tebowing had absolutely nothing to do with prayers of any type, then there's not really much to debate. Let's be honest, that's the kind of "opinion" that deserves an angry and sarcastic response.

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    A key principle of conflict resolution is to find common ground in order to hopefully generate goodwill with the other person. Apparently, you didn't catch on to that.



    I didn't think to address the issue of them blocking the hallway because I believed the fact that this group had no religious agenda for their "Tebowing" made it a moot point. Nevertheless, I don't approve anyone who wants to make a statement to do so in a way that impleads another person's right to go about their business. Back in the 90's, there was a Christian studentís campaign call, "Meet Me at the Pole." Its intent was to gather Christians together at the schools' flagpole in order to pray for them. In every school I've ever seen, the flagpoles are placed in a common area with plenty of room in which dozens of students can engage in such activities without impeding anyone else's ability to go about their business. If students, Christian or otherwise, want to "Tebow;" then I believe their schools' flagpole is the best place to do it.
    okay, so why did you say this to me: "As far as your "Islamaphobia" allegation, are you going to deny that many schools allow Muslims to participate in noontime prayer at school? It's a fact that they do."

    I fail to see why Islam has been mentioned in this thread at all, except to continue propagating ignorance and intolerance.

    As far as my attitude about Muslims, I wrote a commentary about that on the 1st anniversary of 9/11. It was titled, "My Humanization of Muslims," which I self-published and hung it on the doors of every apartment of a complex filled with refugees that I was serving at the time. Many of these refugees were Muslims who expressed their gratitude towards me for writing it. Some Christians have stop short of calling me a traitor for writing it, but I stand by what I wrote as fervently as any Christian doctrine that I embrace. Me standing by these convictions played a major role in me being chased away from Broncosfreak back in 2007. I just started a new tread in which I copy and paste the entire commentary.

    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...93#post1480593
    I didn't click to read your thread, but if the response was as you said (and I have no reason to believe otherwise) then you're likely aware of the stigma Muslims face in your country. If so, I'm a bit disappointed you choose to reinforce that intolerance in this thread.

    As far as what appears to me to be your assumption that if theirs problems between Christians & non-Christians, then the problem must be that the Christians are shoving their options down everyone elseís throat. If this is the case, then it's a complete and total waist of my time to continue this dialog with you.
    nope, not just because there's a problem between Christian and non, but the specific problem of a Christian being asked not to "shove it down other's throat" tends to have similar story arcs. It's possible that in your situation, all you did was briefly mentioned your Church's program once or twice. It's also possible it became the dominant theme whenever you were present. I don't know, I wasn't there.

    I do know I have never been around a group of people who asked a person of faith (of whichever brand) to stop shoving it down their throats just because they made their religion known, or mentioned it once or twice. I also know I've been around people, usually Christians, that take every opportunity they can to bring up their religion. Ask them why, and they'll usually say it's their duty as a [insert faith here]. These people can often be aggressive, and frequently don't respect requests to change the subject. I hope you're not one of those Christians, Fan, because I've always found they turned off way more than they converted.

    However, if youíre single male, you & Tara might make a great couple. The only sticking point is that Tara with only date Autistics because she tired of dealing with neurotypical boyfriends/husband who doesn't understand how autism affects her. If youíre qualified, and interested, let me know & I'll see about fixing the two of you up.
    I am flattered, but I'm married and don't have Autism. She sounds like a wonderful woman though, give her my best!
    If not me, who?

  21. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, dalton risner
    Posts
    37,723

    Default

    WTF is wrong with you people?

  22. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group