Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Opinions

The mantra of the board seems to be "attack the post, not the poster."

At what point, does the repeated opinions of individuals become an indictment of their individual posts? Do repeated opinions not induce an opinion of said poster? Why can that not be pointed out within the rules of this board's CoC?

If someone repeatedly posts mis-truths, lies, propaganda and paranoia, at what point can I call him an idiot?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post

At what point, does the repeated opinions of individuals become an indictment of their individual posts? Do repeated opinions not induce an opinion of said poster? Why can that not be pointed out within the rules of this board's CoC?

If someone repeatedly posts mis-truths, lies, propaganda and paranoia, at what point can I call him an idiot?
    You can't call someone an idiot. That would be wrong as it might stultify his little id.
    But you can probably get away with hinting about his ability to grasp complex ideas.

WTH are you talking about???

Does this count?
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

The way I interpret the rules as they stand now that point can never be reached.

Just as a personal note, my own thinking is that as soon as a poster calls another a name they just lost the argument, and I tune out whatever else they might have to say regardless of the merits. Worst of all is when a poster is repeatedly rude or sarcastic and then excuses it or even pats themselves on the back for "telling it like it is" or "refusing to be PC" or "calling it like I see it." I disagree. It just proves they can't actualy make a point or construct an argument - and they forfeit the contest at that point.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 12 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

MB, what is up with all these rants lately?

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Hey guys, this is in the Town Hall forum. Let's keep it on topic please.

9. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I have had my fair share of run-in's on the forum in this regard, and after some talks with some pals and higher ups Missouri -- if someone is just bothering you or making you mad, ignore them and report them. You don't have to go to their level. Just place 'em on ignore. Don't call them idiots or anything. It doesn't reflect well upon you. This I have learned the hard way. Missouri, just be a good Ewok and defend Endor.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Ummm you call me one all the time - so whats the problem
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post

Post reported. We'll see if you have faith THEN.
    Claymore doesn't so much have opinions as impulses, which he always acts on immediately and without fail

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

14. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Claymore doesn't so much have opinions as impulses, which he always acts on immediately and without fail
    Gee.....ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Ummm you call me one all the time - so whats the problem
    Your ego isn't shattered every time Mo calls you one.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Please folks. This is the Town Hall, let's try and stay on topic here. When folks start a thread here, they have a serious issue to discuss, and it's kind of disrespectful to derail the thread.

19. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

OK - but Im serious - he has called me one - big deal - i think its only a problem if the person who gets called one is offended and tattles (and it gets past the mods)

IDK - can you call them something else like buttmunch or maybe we can have a smilie that indicates you think the person is an idiot w/o actually saying it
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

21. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    OK - but Im serious - he has called me one - big deal - i think its only a problem if the person who gets called one is offended and tattles (and it gets past the mods)

IDK - can you call them something else like buttmunch or maybe we can have a smilie that indicates you think the person is an idiot w/o actually saying it
    Thats a good point. One of the judgement calls we have to make as Mods is when is this kind of stuff just two buddies snapping (virtual) towels at each others asses - which we have no desire to stop - and when are the insults serious. I've even seen where things start good natured and escalate until someone is pissed off. We are sometimes off base on this, too. You can see a post that you assume is good natured, and then 2 hours later it gets reported, and if that is from the target obviously I guessed wrong.

One other note - some people don't want to report posts. That's their right. It still doesn't mean that it ought to be open season on them. Honestly, I think a lot of posters will report stuff targeted at another poster rather than themselves, but will not report a post that attacked them directly

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Thats a good point. One of the judgement calls we have to make as Mods is when is this kind of stuff just two buddies snapping (virtual) towels at each others asses - which we have no desire to stop - and when are the insults serious. I've even seen where things start good natured and escalate until someone is pissed off. We are sometimes off base on this, too. You can see a post that you assume is good natured, and then 2 hours later it gets reported, and if that is from the target obviously I guessed wrong.
    What if a mod calls you a retard in a PM. If you were innocentley following the rules?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information