Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Phelps Caught Smoking Pot

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

and they say all stoners are slow and lazy. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Besides, this picture of Phelps is from '04.

So hey media, way to go lambasting a guy for doing something 5 years ago that may have had little to no impact with what he did in China last year.
    Either you're reading impaired or didn't read the article...

It was on November 6, weeks after his Beijing triumph, that 23-year-old Phelps surprised students at the University Of South Carolina in Columbia by showing up unannounced at a house party.

He was visiting Jordan Matthews, a girl he was secretly seeing who was a student there.

Our source revealed: “Michael came to visit Jordan but ended up just getting wasted every night.

“He arrived with a group of girls hanging all over him. Jaws hit the floor when he walked in. You don’t get many celebrities in Columbia, so when Phelps comes to your party it’s a very big deal.

Obnoxious

“He didn’t know many people so you’d think he’d be a little shy. But he was loud, obnoxious and slamming beers from the get-go.

“Every girl wanted a piece of him and every guy wanted to be his best buddy. He couldn’t get enough of all the attention.”

As he basked in his hero status, Phelps knocked back beers and shots of spirits. And when a student offered him the glass bong engraved with red writing, he did not hesitate, says our source.

The 6ft 4ins athlete, in a white T-shirt and navy cap worn back to front, clasped the device in his huge hands and inhaled deeply.

Our source said: “You could tell Michael had smoked before. He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do.

“He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits. Michael ended up getting a little paranoid, though, because before too long he looked like he was nervous and ran out of the place.”

This is POST Olympics, not something he did when he was a child.

Nice try...
    Last edited by Broncos Mtnman; 02-02-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

At least he owned up to it.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Who the **** cares?

Seriously?

He's 23...he's virtually retired. WTF cares?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

People who need fillers in news stories; they care.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

MO, didn't you realize that after a year on this board, some posters are PERFECT in every way and need to point out EVERYONE's bad decisions....unless their name is *cough cough jay cutler***
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 02-03-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Baiting

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    At least he owned up to it.
    Got that right...more than some in real life or even on this make believe fantasy message board.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    mtn_man is above all....he cares.....

MO, didn't you realize that after a year on this board, some posters are PERFECT in every way and need to point out EVERYONE's bad decisions....unless their name is *cough cough jay cutler***
    I'll just say that I smoked a few joints when I was 23. Much less 23, with $20 mil in the bank, or whatever it is he has...and virtually retired. God forbid the man lights one up.

I'm not going to turn this into what I believe about Marijuana, but I'll just say, again, who cares?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Got that right...more than some in real life or even on this make believe fantasy message board.

If you have something you'd like to get off your chest, the floor is yours.

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

I'm just glad people aren't following any of us around with a camera, god knows what they would catch some of us doing.....(I'm looking at you Clay!)

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Don't trash Mtn for his opinion, disagree with it, but he's entitled to it whether we agree or not.

When I was 23 I was doing stupid shit on almost a daily basis. I can only imagine what a day in the life of Michael Phelps is like. None of us have ever walked in his shoes.

I will say this, I have been to Columbia, South Carolina many times, and I must say the campus scenery is strong, really strong. Maybe the strongest in the SEC next to Athens, Georgia.

I'm sure his squeeze was a winner.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    Drinking is legal. Pot isn't. As far as it getting in the way of his goals, there are numerous ways to mask the traces of MJ, so that doesn't mean it was irrelevant.

I bet when he starts losing his multi-million dollar endorsements and possibly losing out on the 2012 Olympics, that he will see what the big deal is.

He won't lose that many endorsements. Kobe Bryant lost all of his for accused rape. Phelps got caught smoking pot.

Jay walking isn't legal and it's not a big deal. Smoking pot isn't a big deal.

He isn't going to miss out on the 2012 olympics.

But if he did, it wouldn't matter. He's the greatest Olympic athlete of all time. The poor smucks who would win there would always be in his shadow, it wouldn't mean that much because Phelps, the GOAT wouldn't have been there.

In a day or two, there will be some other controversy and his pot smoking will be no big deal.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    In a day or two, there will be some other controversy and his pot smoking will be no big deal.
    I bet in two days Phelps starts smoking crack!

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

the media rose him to a pedastil... He's just like half the americans in this country...

You gotta figure he decided the beer wasnt the way to go anymore....

Shout out to Michael. He should not be ashamed for being a more responsible party goer...

I havent read this thrwad, but anyone who rips the guy for using pot is wrong... now letting ics be taken is pretty brainless.... but by that time he was stoney balogna and prolly didnt give a shit......

Michael.... this next tube is for you buddy... u are great american... u are no less an american in my book. Keep smokin... party safe.... and win us more gold....

23. The Following User High Fived DenverBronkHoes For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information