Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1st Madden 2010 news here...

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    There is nothing to compare it to as they eliminated all competition. It's not about people sucking, it's about it being stagnant and it's presentation. Madden 06 and 07 were hardly groundbreaking, and 08 was just a marginal improvement. Nothing beat 2K5's presentation.

There. Fixed.
    ill give it to 2k. they had some pretty good presentation, but its all supposed to be about gameplay. and you gotta admit, besides the presentation, 2k gameplay was awful. the physics were not right, guys looked like they were gliding sometimes, and to cover a wr or te using a defender was almost impossible cause the computer caught everything. even in double triple coverage.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by jrelway View Post
    to cover a wr or te using a defender was almost impossible cause the computer caught everything. even in double triple coverage.
    That's because you suck (as you said we do in Madden.)
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I'm too lazy to Google today. Does anyone know if Madden's stranglehold on the NFL license expires soon? I like Madden, but as others have said it would be nice to have a little competition to boost their creativity.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It was set to expire in 2009 and was extended to 2012 (I think.)

I'd like 2K to improve 2K8 (2K10) and make it $20 to kick Madden's ass. **** EA.

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

And on a Tecmobowl note, remember Bo Jackson?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I like NCAA football series the best, because you can run the triple-option.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Which Tecmo Bowl is that, Super Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Super Bowl? Looks like Super. There were a few.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Which Tecmo Bowl is that, Super Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Super Bowl? Looks like Super. There were a few.
    Super I believe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

My kid brother had Joe Montana football on the old megadrive.............damn did it suck

I put up 35 points in the first half in one game on him, then swapped controllers and put up 38 in the 2nd

As I remember it, there was a glitch..............if you called a play I think was called 'Satellite Express' then audibled it to the other side of the field.....................you were left with a WR on the streak that was uncovered
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

13. The Following User High Fived Den21vsBal19 For This Post:

ill give it to 2k. they had some pretty good presentation, but its all supposed to be about gameplay. and you gotta admit, besides the presentation, 2k gameplay was awful. the physics were not right, guys looked like they were gliding sometimes, and to cover a wr or te using a defender was almost impossible cause the computer caught everything. even in double triple coverage.
    No, not at all. I mean, try watching a Madden game like it's a football game...you can't. Madden barely contains a realistic football-like substance. This is not about 2K, because I barely played 2K5....

• There is no pocket in the game. Watch the OL-DL interaction...it sucks. Watch the OL/DL interaction in a game like APF 2K8. That game had flaws, but to watch how O-lineman created a pocket and how the OL/DL interacted was beautiful.
    • There is no penalty for playing stupid with your QB. Wanna run back 20 yards and pass or roll out every time? Heck, you get a competitive advantage in Madden! Setting your feet doesn't matter; incomplete passes never hit the ground (they are always tipped because QBs are accuracy gods); you don't even have to be looking in the direction of the receiver before you throw? And it's never a wounded duck and right on target!
    • There are money plays. For every play, there is something to stop it in real life. Not so in Madden. Due to how the AI and physics engine works, there are new money plays every year that are so effective, that you can't stop them by using conventional/realistic means.
    • There is no momentum. Players turn and stop on a dime and juke 3 yards with the flip of a stick at full-speed.
    • Franchise/Superstar modes have become stagnant and contrived. All the fun has been sucked out. At least NFL Head Coach was a good game. Maybe Madden will notice that and make some changes.
    • Linebackers and defensive backs have rockets up their butts. They know exactly where the play is going and will teleport 5 yards to knock down the pass. Instead of having some realistic defensive animations and AI, they just let defensive players knockdown the ball with a pre-defined mocap, even if they are 5 yards out of position.

Are those enough real football reasons why Madden has horribly stagnant gameplay that pisses me off?

I mean I seriously used to love Madden, and now I hate it. I play College Hoops games and Mass Effect instead of football games, and that's sad, because football and the NFL are my primary hobby.
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

15. The Following User High Fived studbucket For This Post:

its all about gameplay for me bro. i could care less about presentation. it just takes up more time.

actually i was pretty good at it. actually i was very good at it.

its all about gameplay for me bro. i could care less about presentation. it just takes up more time.
    Nothing I mentioned was presentation, and everything except for the franchise was gameplay.

Or did you not read my post and you were referring to something else?
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

Quote Originally Posted by studbucket View Post
    No, not at all. I mean, try watching a Madden game like it's a football game...you can't. Madden barely contains a realistic football-like substance. This is not about 2K, because I barely played 2K5....

• There is no pocket in the game. Watch the OL-DL interaction...it sucks. Watch the OL/DL interaction in a game like APF 2K8. That game had flaws, but to watch how O-lineman created a pocket and how the OL/DL interacted was beautiful.
    • There is no penalty for playing stupid with your QB. Wanna run back 20 yards and pass or roll out every time? Heck, you get a competitive advantage in Madden! Setting your feet doesn't matter; incomplete passes never hit the ground (they are always tipped because QBs are accuracy gods); you don't even have to be looking in the direction of the receiver before you throw? And it's never a wounded duck and right on target!
    • There are money plays. For every play, there is something to stop it in real life. Not so in Madden. Due to how the AI and physics engine works, there are new money plays every year that are so effective, that you can't stop them by using conventional/realistic means.
    • There is no momentum. Players turn and stop on a dime and juke 3 yards with the flip of a stick at full-speed.
    • Franchise/Superstar modes have become stagnant and contrived. All the fun has been sucked out. At least NFL Head Coach was a good game. Maybe Madden will notice that and make some changes.
    • Linebackers and defensive backs have rockets up their butts. They know exactly where the play is going and will teleport 5 yards to knock down the pass. Instead of having some realistic defensive animations and AI, they just let defensive players knockdown the ball with a pre-defined mocap, even if they are 5 yards out of position.

Are those enough real football reasons why Madden has horribly stagnant gameplay that pisses me off?

I mean I seriously used to love Madden, and now I hate it. I play College Hoops games and Mass Effect instead of football games, and that's sad, because football and the NFL are my primary hobby.
    besides the franchise/ superstar mode being stale, ( i dont know cause i only play online), i think your wrong about the rest of your statements.

there is a pocket ( you can slide protect btw also)
    there is penaltys for playing stupid wtih your qb. play me and youll find out
    the linebackers do not teleport 5 yrds to bat a ball down. setting your qbs feet is very important in madden.

i can go on but its pointless. i respect your opinions. anytime you fellas want a game hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by studbucket View Post
    Nothing I mentioned was presentation, and everything except for the franchise was gameplay.

Or did you not read my post and you were referring to something else?
    cmon man, read your earlier posts..you cry about presentation time after time. seriously though man, do you truly think apf2k8 is better than madden?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information