Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Source: Chris Paul to Lakers in peril?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Source: Chris Paul to Lakers in peril?

The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to a trade in which they will obtain New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Houston Rockets are the third team in the trade and will obtain Gasol from the Hornets in return for Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic, and a 2012 first-round pick that Houston received from the New York Knicks, sources said.

Sources said that a group of NBA owners, assembled in New York for the ratification of the league's new labor pact with the players, protested vigorously that the league-owned Hornets were trading Paul to the star-studded Lakers and convinced NBA commissioner David Stern to intervene.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ul-sources-say

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

LMAO...now even other owners are saying the NBA is rigged.

I love me some NBA, but at times, man it sure looks rigged. I hated the sound of this trade. Hated.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

******* BS...nobody will ever see me watching another basketball game again. The haters must be basking in their greasey hate filled juices. Well I hope u all douse urselves in gasoline, jump into a barrell, light urself on fire, then fallover Niagara falls lit up...all while having 30 scorpions in there with u.
    The NBA is,was and always will be bullshit. Rant over...go Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Professional wrestling has more legitimacy than the NBA.

I wonder who they have picked out to win it this year? Do you think they make Lebron wait another year or do they Give it to him this season? David Stern is a joke and so is the entire NBA.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

I was waiting for one more team to create a "magic threesome" and I was done for good. Aside from the personal fan bias, I was glad to see Dallas win last year and prove that it doesnt require 3 mega-stars to win a championship. But it doesnt matter. LA is trying it and New Jersey is about to as well. There will eventually be 4 or 5 teams that have all the top talent and the NBA will be more boring than it already is.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Personally..coming from a Lakers fan bias...I have been waiting for a premier PG to team up with Kobe forever. they have a relatively good big man in bynym...so it would be interesting to see what the lakes could do with Pauly...its not the "big three" BS I was hoping for..it was an elite PG..

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Go Raptors........................
    So when NO loses Paul for nothing next year what is the NBA going to do about the Hornets? I hated the trade but they are in bad shape

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Let me clarify...

I didn't like the trade because I hate the idea of Kobe and Paul together why Bynum...as a fan of the Nuggets. Not because the trade was unfair. The Hornets get five new assets, the Lakers two huge assets, gain one and the Rockets gain a future HOF player for losing three assets.

If there is maybe one reason to veto it, it might have been Houston's role in the deal. Other than that, I don't understand the veto.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Stern is a smug pompous butthole.

12. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Stern is the biggest dikhead of all the major sports commissioners. And thats saying osmething when you're on a list with Selig, Bettman and Goodell

14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

All this NBA news is just annoying since it takes time away from NFL coverage. The only sport that matters right now is Football and I wish these other sports would go away and stop competing for coverage with the NFL. Ugh...I hate basketball until about june, then it gets good

As a lakers fan it's bs the veto we give up a all-star and 6th man who would start on most teams for a pg with a bad knee they veto the trade cause they afraid la going to get Howard to well guess wat when cp3 sues nba he be coming to la and we will get d12 too. Threepeat here we come

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by yuhateme80 View Post
    As a lakers fan it's bs the veto we give up a all-star and 6th man who would start on most teams for a pg with a bad knee they veto the trade cause they afraid la going to get Howard to well guess wat when cp3 sues nba he be coming to la and we will get d12 too. Threepeat here we come
    Oh, and I am sure you would also feel the same way, if - instead of it being your Lakers' team involved, it would be - let's say - the Celtics, or Knicks, or Heat, etc., etc.
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 12-09-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by yuhateme80 View Post
    Sorry...but the money doesnt work that way. To get CP3 and D12 on your team next season, you'll have to pay a ton...only this time you wont be trading away the Gasol and Odom contracts. LA will be so far into luxury tax, they wont be able to afford all that. Dumping Gasol and Odom was the ONLY way they could afford Paul and maybe Howard

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

They're not getting either player at this point.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information