Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Draft news and notes

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default 2012 Draft news and notes

Luck makes it (more or less) formal:

Luck said on ESPN that he considers himself “absolutely” prepared to leave college and enter the NFL draft. Luck does have one remaining season of NCAA eligibility and could play at Stanford in 2012 if he wanted, but this has been widely regarded as his final college season.

“I think I’m going to hopefully play professional football if a team will have me,” Luck said, via NFL.com.
    Luck said he hasn’t been planning any type of formal announcement about his plans to enter the NFL draft because he thought it was obvious that this is his last season in college.

“I thought it was pretty formal or understood when I came back for my final year, so I have no clue if I’ll make a formal announcement or not,” Luck said.

That may have been the only announcement he needs.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-for-the-nfl/

I wonder if Shanny will make a move for Manning now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Shanny likes his QB to be able to move. I don't think so.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

TonyPauline (Sports Illustrated) does alot of draft twitting for the draftniks...

TonyPauline Tony Pauline
    Positive news from Sooner land is CB/Jamell Fleming flying up draft boards. One AFC East team grades him top 45 for next Aprils #NFLDraft

»

TonyPauline Tony Pauline
    Heard from many in the scouting community the past 2 days who feel it would be a mistake for Landry Jones/QB/Oklahoma to enter the #NFLDraft

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    shanny or whoever else, could be a veeeery interesting situation. . . daddy manning just fired the first shot across indy's bow:

Specifically, Archie doesn’t believe that Peyton and Luck will want to be teammates in Indianapolis.

“I don’t think it’d necessarily be great for either one,” Archie Manning told FOX Sports Radio’s Zakk & Jack Show on Tuesday. “I think Andrew’s the type of mature player . . . he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four guys that are playing this year, [if] they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too. . . .

“We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad [Oliver]. . . . I’m in New York, I heard from him last night. Peyton’s also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-teammates/

i wonder just how much they can squeeze out of some sucker team for frankenmanning with the bolts in his neck. . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    shanny or whoever else, could be a veeeery interesting situation. . . daddy manning just fired the first shot across indy's bow:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-teammates/

i wonder just how much they can squeeze out of some sucker team for frankenmanning with the bolts in his neck. . . .
    I do think that Luck could pull an "elway" and not sign with the Colts if they draft him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

NFL Players Assn to stage bowl game

The Associated Press
    Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2011

CARSON, Calif. -- The NFL Players Association will stage the inaugural NFLPA Collegiate Bowl on Jan. 21 featuring 100 top draft prospects.

The game, to be played at Home Depot Center, will be nationally televised on NBC Sports Network, the new name for the Versus cable channel starting Jan. 2.

Teams will be coached by Tom Flores and Dick Vermeil, who both won Super Bowls during their years in the NFL.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/07/410...#ixzz1fuFKzzau

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    NFL Players Assn to stage bowl game

The Associated Press
    Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2011

CARSON, Calif. -- The NFL Players Association will stage the inaugural NFLPA Collegiate Bowl on Jan. 21 featuring 100 top draft prospects.

The game, to be played at Home Depot Center, will be nationally televised on NBC Sports Network, the new name for the Versus cable channel starting Jan. 2.

Teams will be coached by Tom Flores and Dick Vermeil, who both won Super Bowls during their years in the NFL.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/07/410...#ixzz1fuFKzzau
    this is the game that will allow juniors?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

this is the game that will allow juniors?
    Looks like their still trying to determine that...

The press release for the event states that the game “will showcase the top draft eligible collegiate football players from across the country.” Some agents have contacted me expressing concern with that language. They believe that opening up the game to all draft eligible players, including Juniors who declare for the NFL Draft, will prevent NFL teams from sending their scouts to the game. One NFL team Personnel Director has said that teams received a letter earlier in the year informing them that they are not permitted to attend games that include underclassmen.

On the surface, it appears that as long as the game does not allow draft eligible Juniors who have not yet declared for the NFL Draft to perform, then NFL teams should be willing to send their scouts. An issue is if the game allows all eligible players whether they have declared or not. James Guidry of the NFLPA has informed me that those who have declared are eligible to play in the game. However, does it matter? Are Juniors who declare for the NFL Draft no longer considered underclassmen? My argument is that they are still underclassmen until they sign with an agent and/or the deadline to pull their name out of the NFL Draft has passed. Thus, if the NFLPA is accepting non-represented Juniors into its game, whether they declared for the NFL Draft or not, that decision could effectively prevent NFL teams from sending their scouts to the game. And what NFL Draft prospects want to perform in an extra game if no decision makers will be there?
    Read more: http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2011/...#ixzz1fwM2mj4b

This Justin black man from OK St seems pretty good. Won the best WR award again. We have other needs besides a WR. But it would be nice to have a #1 WR. Is he really this good or are his stats just off the charts becaus of heavy passing attack? Does he have any off field problems?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

blackmon will go top 8...maybe top 5.

Adopted Bronco:

Blackmon is another in a long line of douchebag, prima donna receivers from Ok St. no desire to put that cancer on this team.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Matt Kalil is reportedly staying in school. Word is that he and Barkley were package deal...

Adopted Bronco:

kalil, possibly barkley if i understand your post fully, teo. . . i wonder if it's just a fluke, or an early indicator that the new rookie wage scale may dissuade a little higher percentage of juniors from declaring. . .

kalil, possibly barkley if i understand your post fully, teo. . . i wonder if it's just a fluke, or an early indicator that the new rookie wage scale may dissuade a little higher percentage of juniors from declaring. . .
    Lane Kiffin told them that if they stayed, USC would win the Super Bowl.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information