Thread: Traumatic Injuries.

Default Traumatic Injuries.

Michael J Fox has commissioned 5.6 million dollars for a study on Inosine.

Inosine shows real promise in regards to spinal cord injury and brain trauma/stroke.

It is a natural product in our bodies, so side effects are minimal. (unless you have gout)

The reason it has not been studied is because pharmacuetical companies can't make a ton of money with it. MJF is studying the effects on Parkinsons patients.....but.....inosine has shown more promise with traumatic injury to the brain/spinal column.

My point is this.....to make people aware of it's existence.....especially the NFL.

There are former players that I would love to see walk again, the NFL has the resources to make clinical trials happen.

And IMO they should.

2. The Following User High Fived Superchop 7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

modern medicine is NOT in the buisness of CURING desease.
    They recognize there is more money to be made in TREATMENT, not CURE !
    modern pharmaceutical copanies consider jonas SALK an IDIOT because he found a CURE for POLIO instead of a TREATMENT !
    welcom to reality boys and girls.

April 28, 2000-Boston, MA-Boston Life Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLSI) announced that Inosine, one of the Company's nerve growth factors, had stimulated "substantial" re-growth of severed spinal cord motor nerve fibers through the area of experimental injury. To the Company's knowledge, this represents the first time that such a feat has been accomplished experimentally.

Last year the Company announced that Inosine stimulated substantial cross-over sprouting of motor axons in the injured cord, effectively by-passing the injury and re-innervating the spinal cord below. These results were published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (vol. 96; pages 13486-13490; 1999). In the present study a hemi-transection of the corticospinal tract was made in rats and Inosine was administered to the motor cortex that gave rise to the transected fibers. After two weeks of treatment, the spinal cord was examined for microscopic evidence of re-growth through the injury. In four out of five treated rats, new fibers were seen coursing through the injury to re-establish their distal connections.

"To our knowledge, such regrowth through the injured corticospinal tract has not previously been documented in the scientific literature. We hope to submit these results for publication shortly," stated Dr. Marc Lanser, MD, Chief Scientific Officer of BLSI. "This represents a giant step forward in our spinal cord program, since these results indicate that motor function can potentially be re-established under the control of the same area of the brain that gave rise to the injured spinal cord fibers. Rehabilitation could theoretically take place without having to retrain different areas of the brain to take over the lost motor function. These results bring us that much closer to our goal of initiating human trials in spinal cord injury. We hope to duplicate these results in primates with the goal of demonstrating functional improvement prior to initiating human trials," added Dr. Lanser

source; bostonlifesciences.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    modern medicine is NOT in the buisness of CURING desease.
    They recognize there is more money to be made in TREATMENT, not CURE !
    modern pharmaceutical copanies consider jonas SALK an IDIOT because he found a CURE for POLIO instead of a TREATMENT !
    welcom to reality boys and girls.
    Sorry, but nothing is 100%, even "cures".

Case in point: antibiotics (ABXs)

For you evolutionists: Bugs/viruses seem to evolve and become resistant to ABXs.

Likewise with cancer, etc.

The first company to find a "cure" will make BILLIONS/TRILLIONS(?). There is an incentive...of course, progressives think it's best to give it out for free.
    XV knows touchdowns.

"There's only one person carrying the ball right here." -Tim Tebow, 12/26/10, game winning drive

"Just having that guy around, it makes us better men. I think he plays for us, and he makes us want to play for him." - Von Miller

"There is not one person that will outwork me. I'm your guy. I'm going to win a championship. Let's do it together. Push me for greatness. Because I can get there." - Tim Tebow, April 2010

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

we pray for a cure and treatment.
    to walk again would be glorious.
    It would be great if the NFL could be a part of that.

I just got a note back from the Michael J Fox foundation.....they said they should have some data in about a year, clinical trials still underway.

You guys have it right on the companies trying to make a buck, thats why MJF is doing the trial, no one else would.

It completely blows my mind that this has been ignored.

Its as if.....they found that blood works well for people with severe bleeding problems......but......unless they can make it out of gatorade, it isn't worth the effort.
    Last edited by Superchop 7; 12-06-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Superchop 7 View Post
    I just got a note back from the Michael J Fox foundation.....they said they should have some data in about a year, clinical trials still underway.

You guys have it right on the companies trying to make a buck, thats why MJF is doing the trial, no one else would.

It completely blows my mind that this has been ignored.
    happens all the time my friend. If it can't be patented then it can't be sold at ridiculous prices, and those ridiculous prices drive research dollars. Case in point when my wife was pregnant we were paying like $50 bucks a bottle for pharmaceutical grade prenatals. I checked the ingredient list and they were using cheap synthetics that you can get in any garden variety wal mart multi. the only difference was that it had 1000 mcg of folic acid rather than the 800 that over the counter prenatals have. all at a premium of about 35 bucks a bottle.

The pharmaceutical industry is a huuuuuuuge racket.

9. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

I'll be damned. I bet it hasn't been put through to clinical trials cause it would be a bitch to make also. hmmm. Inosine. Can't say I heard of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    we pray for a cure and treatment.
    to walk again would be glorious.
    It would be great if the NFL could be a part of that.
    The great troll hungers
    luckily he knows to cook
    this thread is garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I'll be damned. I bet it hasn't been put through to clinical trials cause it would be a bitch to make also. hmmm. Inosine. Can't say I heard of it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

It is available online for $10.00 a bottle.

So, it's cheap to make, they use it in brewers yeast.

In the animal study, it was injected right to the damaged area, and the results were downright amazing.

So, there is a large level of expertise administering it, but the chemical is cheap.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Man! I bet Christopher Reeves is ecstatic!

Oh wait...

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

wow Joe

Default Yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by TT15Superman View Post
    Sorry, but nothing is 100%, even "cures".

Case in point: antibiotics (ABXs)

For you evolutionists: Bugs/viruses seem to evolve and become resistant to ABXs.

Likewise with cancer, etc.

The first company to find a "cure" will make BILLIONS/TRILLIONS(?). There is an incentive...of course, progressives think it's best to give it out for free.
    There is a difference between illness and injury; this is about the latter (and not about politics at all. )
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information