Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ILB already on our roster

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

If Maualuga, Raji, Curry and Brown are all gone at 12, I wouldn't be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    maybe we go stud RB by default and sort the rest of it out later???
    Moreno does remind me a lot of Portis with his breakability. The last time our running game was feared.

3. The Following User High Fived Drill-N-Fill For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

There will be a bunch of pressures on linebackers in the training camp. Battle for 3 or 4 starting positions of linebacker.

Personally, I don't know about their new organization and defense is currently up in the air. I know that they will lock Champ Bailey for the position of CB. That is all I know. I look forward to seeing some new changes in defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Larsen is the only one in that group that I'm not leary of. Niko was brought in here to compete for the starting mike linebacker position and he could be beat out Webster. What does that say? Haggans has already been in the League six years so I don't know.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I hope they would draft USC's Rey Maualuga. He is the best defensive player in the nation, period. He could be way better than Chargers' Shawn Merriman and Rey Maualuga would be perfect fit in Broncos defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I hope they would draft USC's Rey Maualuga. He is the best defensive player in the nation, period. He could be way better than Chargers' Shawn Merriman and Rey Maualuga would be perfect fit in Broncos defense.
    Rey Maualuga should be Josh McDaniels' first choice on his list.

I agree. My top 3 goes...

1. Rey Maulauga
    2. BJ Raji (sp?)
    3. Moreno

I really hate picking up a RB in the 1st...but Moreno will be a star in this league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If we're switching to a 3-4 I think Raji should be the first choice.

If he's not then Maualuga and I would even be willing take Brain Cushing even if meant dropping down in the draft order.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I've been saying it for weeks...trade back for Tyson and Cushing or LeSean.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I've been saying it for weeks...trade back for Tyson and Cushing or LeSean.
    I would only consider doing that if Raji isn't there at 12.

The best part of this training camp is going to be watching to see which players earn thier playing time. With a brand new staff on defense and a new head coach, nobody is in the doghouse to begin with. They all have a clean slate, so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised to see some players that were stallwarts around here cut, and guys who couldn't make the field on gameday either starting or getting serious playing time. If we are switching to the 3-4, we might end up with only 1 or 2 players from last seasons front 7 still here to start the 09 season.

If Raji is there at 12 and they are planning on going to a 3-4 scheme, I think it's a no-brainer to take him there. If he's not, and Mauluaga is there, you almost have to go for the guy with the Ray Lewis type of mentality, leadership and athletic ability. Who knows though? They might have someone like Everette Brown at the top of thier draftboard. It'll be an interesting draft.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Foneco

I have been told, and from a reliable source, from my camp reports connections that McDaniels is very high on DJ and Woodyard. So that solves at least 2 LB spots. Again take it for what its worth but this person rarely leads me astray.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The best part of this training camp is going to be watching to see which players earn thier playing time. With a brand new staff on defense and a new head coach, nobody is in the doghouse to begin with. They all have a clean slate, so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised to see some players that were stallwarts around here cut, and guys who couldn't make the field on gameday either starting or getting serious playing time. If we are switching to the 3-4, we might end up with only 1 or 2 players from last seasons front 7 still here to start the 09 season.

If Raji is there at 12 and they are planning on going to a 3-4 scheme, I think it's a no-brainer to take him there. If he's not, and Mauluaga is there, you almost have to go for the guy with the Ray Lewis type of mentality, leadership and athletic ability. Who knows though? They might have someone like Everette Brown at the top of thier draftboard. It'll be an interesting draft.
    I am very interested in seeing how McDaniels and the Goodmans work this year's draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
    I have been told, and from a reliable source, from my camp reports connections that McDaniels is very high on DJ and Woodyard. So that solves at least 2 LB spots. Again take it for what its worth but this person rarely leads me astray.

Which ones? For opposite reasons each of their contracts make them guys we'll be keeping around.

Adopted Bronco:
    Foneco

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Which ones? For opposite reasons each of their contracts make them guys we'll be keeping around.
    I don't understand your question. DJ and Woodyard look to be key players. So the other 2 LB's are still up in the air if they move to a 3-4. Thats what I was saying. I think there is a spot for Larsen. But Winborn, and maybe Kouti should definitely be gone.

Boss probably sticks because he showed flashes when Denver ran the 3-4. The others I can't speak on.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information