Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Broncosforums NFL Mock Draft Rules

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default 2009 Broncosforums NFL Mock Draft Rules ***(Mods, Please Sticky)***

This is a preliminary list which im still waiting for feedback from JCM and Smilin. But for the most part this is what its going to look like. Of course, any of you participating can add feedback in this thread as i will take anything under consideration. And if one of the mods could sticky this for me much would be appreciated.

1) DRAFT STARTS.... Monday, 2/23/09 12:00 p.m. EST. Draft will run throughout the week but NOT on the weekends. If you are picking on Friday and your alloted time is not complete by Midnight that day it will resume on Monday at 1pm Est.

2) Each GM will have 12 hours to complete their pick in all 7 rounds. Obviously, when a GM has made their pick the clock starts for the next GM and so on.

3) Once a GM has made a pick, they are expected to PM the next GM and let them know they are on the clock.

4) If you are going to be away from your computer or unable to be available to make your pick, PM Northman, JCM, and SmilinAssassin (Draft Team) your pick. If your next pick is 3 picks away and you feel you wont be available, you need to PM at least your top 3 picks in the order of preference for your Team. You must send this PM to all of the members mentioned here. If your unfamiliar how to do so just add all of the names to the recipient in your PM box.

5) If by any chance a GM has not informed one of the draft organizer's of their said pick due to absence and their time (12 Hours) has expired after 1 HOUR the next GM can make their selection. The GM who misses their timeslot may make a pick for that spot anytime but will not take precedence over those who have picked before them. Meaning;

If GM "A" does not inform the draft team of their pick and their time expires then GM "B", GM "C", and so on may select their picks. If GM "A" selects after "B, C, etc" but wanted a selection from "B, C, etc" that has already been selected he is SOL. You may make your selection at any time if you miss your original pick slot but you are at the mercy of those who draft after you in terms of the players you want. You may still get you guy or you may not. So try not to miss your slot or at least inform the Draft team of who you want if you cannot be there.

6) Picks are only in the Selections/Pick Thread.....(IMPORTANT) There will be 2 seperate threads, one for the Team Selections and the other for Pick Discussions. For any Mod who may be particiapting in this i would hope they would help keep an eye on this and move any posts that do not belong in certain threads. Also, i hope Tned and Mods will sticky this temporarily while we do this.

7) TRADES:

Trades are allowed. However, like the selection of picks if you make a trade you must list it in the Selection thread that you have made a trade, who the next GM is to pick, and then PM the draft team to inform them that you have done so. I want to try and avoid any confusion so please keep the draft team informed of any trades that you do throughout this. Again, make sure you send the PM to all members of the Draft Team as we may all be on at various times. This is a must so that this runs smoothly.

8) UNDRAFTED PLAYERS:

Following the 7 Round draft we will have a bidding auction for undrafted players. I have not yet come up with a number as to the money allotted for the teams (I will need JCM to help me with that part) but after the draft each GM will make a list of players who werent drafted that they are interested in and how much money they are willing to spend on said players. Should there be a tie the player will go to the bidder who got their bid in first. (Draft Team make sure to save any PM's during this time in case of tie breakers.)

9) Draft Format:

When you choose a player you must have the following information when you make your selection:

Necessary Info:

Player Name
    Position
    School Attended

Optional Info:

Picture
    Your Analysis of said pick.

Players who have already been selected.

Ayers, Robert
    Barwin, Connor
    Beatty, William
    Beckwith, Darry
    Bomar, Rhett
    Britt, Kenny
    Britton, Eben
    Brown, Donald
    Brown, Everette
    Butler, Darius
    Byrd, Jarius
    Casey, James
    Chung, Patrick
    Coffman, Chase
    Cook, Jared
    Crabtree, Michael
    Curry, Aaron
    Cushing, Brian
    Davis, Vontae
    Delmas, Louis
    English, Larry
    Freeman, Josh
    Gilbert, Jarron
    Greene, Shonn
    Harvin, Percy
    Heyward-Bey, Darrius
    Hood, Evander
    Iglesias, Juaquin
    Jackson, Tyson
    Jenkins, Malcolm
    Jerry, Peria
    Johnson, Michael
    Johnson, Rashard
    Kruger, Paul
    Laurinaitis, James
    Luigs, Jonathan
    Mack, Alex
    Maclin, Jeremy
    Marks, Sen Derrick
    Matthews, Clay
    Maualuga, Rey
    Maybin, Aaron
    McCoy, Lesean
    Mickens, Mike
    Moala, Fili
    Monroe, Eugene
    Moore, D.J.
    Moore, William
    Moreno, Knowshon
    Nelson, Shawn
    Nicks, Hakeem
    Oher, Michael
    Orakpo, Brian
    Pettigrew, Brandon
    Phillips, Jason
    Raji, B.J
    Robinson, Duke
    Robiskie, Brian
    Sanchez, Mark
    Scott, Dorrell
    Sidbury, Lawrence
    Sintim, Clint
    Smith, Alphonso
    Smith, Andre
    Smith, Jason
    Stafford, Matthew
    Unger, Max
    Wells, Beanie
    White, Pat
    Wood, Eric
    Last edited by Northman; 03-04-2009 at 09:43 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

cool. . . .

couple of questions. . . . how will we handle players who are free agents this year? and can players be traded, or only picks?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    cool. . . .

couple of questions. . . . how will we handle players who are free agents this year? and can players be traded, or only picks?

As far as FA's im not entirely sure. Maybe JCM can give us some insight as too how they dealt with that if they did that at all last year.

As for Trades, yes, players can be traded as well as pick selection.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

So if we agree on trades we just let you guys know? Do they have to be approved or voted on for fairness etc..?
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    So if we agree on trades we just let you guys know? Do they have to be approved or voted on for fairness etc..?
    No, whatever trades you GM's do is on your own terms. You do need to let the Draft team know that the trade is happening and make it known in the selection thread that a trade has been made. But there is no approval from us. So if i trade a pick with you all we have to do is address it in the Selection Thread and send a PM to the Draft team that a trade has happened.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bump.

Could i get a Mod to sticky this please. Thanks

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thanks NTL.

I don't think we should do trades. It get all messy.
    I think we should just draft straight up, no nonsense.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I have extremely limited access on weekends, so if you get to my first pick before Monday...we'll be waiting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I don't think we should do trades. It get all messy.
    I think we should just draft straight up, no nonsense.

I dont think it will get messy but for me personally i dont plan on doing any trading. But i wanted to leave the option open for anyone who did. Its already tough enough to try and guess what direction a team would try to go in drafting so to try and predict who would do a trade is a waste of time to me. But, there are those who like to do that kind of thing so i left the option open to them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I have extremely limited access on weekends, so if you get to my first pick before Monday...we'll be waiting.
    If you dont think you can make a selection just be sure to PM the Draft team so they can put a pick in for you should it come to that.

Last year we put a hold on it during the weekend. If someone picks thats fine but we stopped the clock.

20. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Last year we put a hold on it during the weekend. If someone picks thats fine but we stopped the clock.

I dont think that will be necessary this year. I want to keep the flow going as much as possible. Thats why ive made it a point that if someone thinks they are not going to make their pick that they submit it to the Draft Team including guys like myself who arent on as much during daytime hours as opposed to weekends.

Adopted Bronco:

I figured starting on a Monday and stopping the clock on weekends...like we did last year...would be the better idea.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont think that will be necessary this year. I want to keep the flow going as much as possible. Thats why ive made it a point that if someone thinks they are not going to make their pick that they submit it to the Draft Team including guys like myself who arent on as much during daytime hours as opposed to weekends.
    The problem there is I can list 3 or 4 guys I would take, but it would depend on availability and looking at what others have taken and what the likelihood is that another prospect will be around later.

Example...I have Philly. They have 2 late first round picks. My first one could depend on a few things and my second one would depend on my first one AND the picks of others in between. PLUS...If things go fast...I could miss both of them.

I guess it just makes more sense and there would be a better opportunity to start this on a Monday when most people are here.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information