Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Assessment of the Vikings game

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Default Assessment of the Vikings game

I'm glad we won. I'm glad everyone is super excited. But we have to regonize...we played an awful team. One of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Tebow had another atrocious first half, but played well the second half. Again though, it was against a secondary that is god awful. I do think Tebow needed this...a good game throwing the ball, and an improvement on his performance on third down. He still has a lot of work to do, but he did make progress today.

Defensively, I'm really disappointed. We could not stop the run or the pass. I had no idea that Von Miller was that important to our defense. And I'm really hoping that was the reason we let them march up and down the field the way they did.

All that being said, the next two weeks are going to actually show us what this team is about. I have mixed feelings about Cutler not playing...it would have been really fun to play him. But him being out gives us a much better chance. As for NE...well that is the real test.

Be glad we won. But if we are going to be a playoff team, we need to beat teams like that by 2 TDs

2. The Following User High Fived kenoy28 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Early game on the road. I'll take it.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Can you atleast wait til Monday morning to start pissing on our wheaties?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 9 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quan Cosby

we are the best team ever

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived hotcarl For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

one step closer to the playoffs
    first 5 wins on the road since elway
    tied for the division lead
    galvanized team..

I'll take it.. there is no need to temper any enthusiasm when this team was on the suck for luck train not too long ago..

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Total change of momentum the second half. The defense was gassed the second half and played like it. The offense was fresh the second half and played like it. The offense was dynamic, potent, and explosive, and Mike McCoy needs to take this blueprint, and continue it at the start of next week.

If you claim to be an evolving, constantly changing offense, that quit starting the games out with the exact same gameplan. It clearly does not work.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    I'm glad we won. I'm glad everyone is super excited. But we have to regonize...we played an awful team. One of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Tebow had another atrocious first half, but played well the second half. Again though, it was against a secondary that is god awful. I do think Tebow needed this...a good game throwing the ball, and an improvement on his performance on third down. He still has a lot of work to do, but he did make progress today.

Defensively, I'm really disappointed. We could not stop the run or the pass. I had no idea that Von Miller was that important to our defense. And I'm really hoping that was the reason we let them march up and down the field the way they did.

All that being said, the next two weeks are going to actually show us what this team is about. I have mixed feelings about Cutler not playing...it would have been really fun to play him. But him being out gives us a much better chance. As for NE...well that is the real test.

Be glad we won. But if we are going to be a playoff team, we need to beat teams like that by 2 TDs
    Man you're brilliant....Denver who has won 5 straight and leading the division....has 0 shot at being a playoff team since they only won this game by 3....NE only beat the Colts by 7 they aren't playoff worthy either...thanks for breaking down what I should have seen and explaining it to me....

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived karnage For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Von Miller makes a huge difference. Enjoy the win man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

win is a win...none are easy...we historically suck indoors...i had a bad feeling about this one all week. We won. just enjoy it. 1st place.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Patriots almost let the Colts come back and beat them. A win is a win no matter the opponent.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

The patriots only beat the colts by 7...

20. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Blah Blah Blah Blah
    "It's all in the reflexes."

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHiWildcat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

This is the best throwing I've seen Tebow do to date. 10/15 for 202. A TWO as the first digit and over 50%. As critical as I have been, I have to admit he is improving. I get the poor Vikings secondary, but given that he threw well against them is a good sign. That is what a QB is supposed to do against a poor secondary. Though dropped, the pass that would have given the TD in the last 2:00 was well-thrown considering the pressure and good coverage. TT is getting better for sure. I'm still not totally sold, but I cant argue with wins.

The defense could have played better, but Elvis played well and they took advantage of mistakes. Von was missed for sure.

Enjoyed the win.
    Last edited by Fullback32; 12-04-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    I'd rather be riding!

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived Fullback32 For This Post:

define atrocious first half....do you mean because of the fumble? wasn't he 4/5 going into the half?

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived catfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
    This is the best throwing I've seen Tebow do to date. 10/15 for 202. A TWO as the first digit and over 50%. As critical as I have been, I have to admit he is improving. I get the poor Vikings secondary, but given that he threw well against them is a good sign. Though a dropped, the pass that would have given the TD in the last 2:00 was well-thrown considering the pressure and good coverage. TT is getting better for sure.

The defense could have played better, but Elvis played well and they took advantage of mistakes. Von was missed for sure.

Enjoyed the win.
    also 13.5 yds/att is ridiculous

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

28. The Following 5 Users High Fived catfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information