Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Assessment of the Vikings game

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Considering your a biased supporter who continues to hold Tebow's hand in light of his struggling situations, I am just going to go ahead and render your argument void. I wouldn't be surprised if you though Tebow was the saving face of Denver being down 15-7 at half and not 30-7 because of his ability to "will" his teammates.
    I saw no "Struggling" by Tebow today. Although he continues to be halmstrung by 1st half game plans that suck ass. McCoy is still pretty mediocre at game planning for the start of games.
    "It's all in the reflexes."

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Anderson :(

It helped that the vikings secondary effectively ignored dt. Hopefully this crap about tt misses open receivers will stop.

3. The Following User High Fived Skacorica For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    The patriots only beat the colts by 7...
    how do you get up for a 0-11 team... ?

WOW enjoy the win my man.

Why do some people get so entrenched in the negatives so early. Enjoy the win digest the chips and pass the beer. Tomorrow we'll talk about the rest
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

6. The Following User High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    haha, wow...didn't expect responses like that. I'm happy we won and I'm enjoying it. I never said we have zero shot at making the playoffs. All I mean is that if we are going to be a playoff team, the next two weeks are huge. I'm excited to see how we perform against the Bears and the Pats.

Go Broncs!
    Didn't mean to tee off on you, I just get tired of all the Tebow bashing. It seems like any time there is a bad series of play people want to put it all on the QB, but when the team wins it is"well McGahee played lights out, or Decker made some great plays." I don't mind saying the Offense looked like crap the first half, that is a true statement. I don't think Tebow had much to do with how the offense was doing in the first half, except for the turnover and these days 1 turnover by a qb in a game is not a rarity, as he didn't really participate except to throw it 5 times completing 4. You want to get all over someone...look at the line and the RB's. All in all it comes out in the wash because it was a win.

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

8. The Following User High Fived catfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

People still need to remember that Tebow is young. Just like Ponder is young and made some mistakes. But its easy to see today that Tebow looked much better passing the ball than he did when he first took over the reigns. I think we have a great shot at beating the Bears and we do get NE at home. But right now McCoy and company come out with a gameplan and then make their adjustments accordingly. Our biggest problem today was putting the ball on the ground, something that we hadnt done a lot of the last couple of weeks but we still found a way to win and thats what is important.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
    how do you get up for a 0-11 team... ?
    Homefield advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHiWildcat View Post
    I saw no "Struggling" by Tebow today. Although he continues to be halmstrung by 1st half game plans that suck ass. McCoy is still pretty mediocre at game planning for the start of games.
    I agree, although Tebow doesn't help the situation by becoming Matt Lienart in the first half. They need to find a way to play with a sense of urgency all the time, because Tebow literally transforms from Matt Lienart/Mike McMahan mix to a John Elway/Mike Vick hyrbid, and I am not even kidding in the least.

Some guys just zone in and play their best when something's on the line, and Tebow certainly does that and then some.

13. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Considering your a biased supporter who continues to hold Tebow's hand in light of his struggling situations, I am just going to go ahead and render your argument void. I wouldn't be surprised if you though Tebow was the saving face of Denver being down 15-7 at half and not 30-7 because of his ability to "will" his teammates.
    actually I posted stats, you spit out some waterheaded statement based on your opinion that I am now supposed to bow down and worship as fact. All I want is for you to post the plays that Tebow affected in the First half that justify the statement that he was atrocious, as what I saw was a run game getting stuffed play after play where Tebow's contribution was handing it off to a RB and looking on as he got knocked down 2 yards downfield...so again post some ******* stats

Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

15. The Following User High Fived catfish For This Post:

I wish they would let Tebow no huddle. I am honestly curious if the feeling of him being rushed (to a degree) from having to get the play in, to tell his teammates on the fly, to reading, and then snapping might energize the offense a little and keep the defense more on their toes.

I agree, although Tebow doesn't help the situation by becoming Matt Lienart in the first half. They need to find a way to play with a sense of urgency all the time, because Tebow literally transforms from Matt Lienart/Mike McMahan mix to a John Elway/Mike Vick hyrbid, and I am not even kidding in the least.

Some guys just zone in and play their best when something's on the line, and Tebow certainly does that and then some.
    Huh ? He threw like 4 or 5 passes in the 1st half and you break out a Leinert reference ?
    "It's all in the reflexes."

18. The Following User High Fived MileHiWildcat For This Post:

Miller is that important.

I was questioning not throwing it earlier in the game.

The flip side to all of this is Fox, Allen, and McCoy can make some mean adjustments.

The O line who hasn't needed to pass block in some time did a fine job today. Jared Allen is pretty decent if you know what I mean.

Tebow in a 2 back, more traditional offense looked pretty good.

This was an 11 AM game on the road. There is a lot to like. As the wins keep coming you can see the confidence growing.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    . The incompletion to DT on the sidelines was on DT, he has to drag those toes. .
    You can't put that all on Thomas. If it was a better throw he has an easy catch. Thomas made a great play even catching that ball. You are correct he needs to get his feet down but Tebow could have made that a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    You can't put that all on Thomas. If it was a better throw he has an easy catch. Thomas made a great play even catching that ball. You are correct he needs to get his feet down but Tebow could have made that a lot easier.
    agreed and there are plays like that every week in the NFL, would have been a great catch but definately not a 100% catch

Mark Twain

23. The Following User High Fived catfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Oh Please.

Denver was without it's best pass rusher.

Say what you will about Minny's defensive backfield, but their DLine is actually their strength.

Defense was exhausted going into the 2nd half and still hung in there.

Offense was a disaster in the 1st half but explosive in the 2nd.

Tebow has clearly made healthy progress as a passer.

With the Raiders takin' it in the ass in Miami, I don't give a !@#$ HOW they won it.

Denver is in first place and Tebow is here to stay.

Live with it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information