Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sega-Calling All Classic Gamers!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Sega-Calling All Classic Gamers!

I always went a different way back in the day with video games.

After the Atari meltdown of the 80's and the 8-Bit era began, I had a Sega Master System instead of a Nintendo... They used to have a free help line for tips and cheats, 1-800-USA-SEGA. We'll never see something like that again!

When the 16-Bit era began, I was the first to have a Turbografx16 and the last when Genesis slaughtered it. Then I got a used Genesis from a friend who bought a Super Nintendo.

I was also the first idiot around my neighborhood to have a console made by a company that had no idea how to make games and was supposedly doomed to fail by industry analysts, in a market dominated by Sega and Nintendo... I bought this thing called the Playstation, and the first games I had was Battle Arena Toshinden and NFL Gameday.

I think this is a great compilation by Sega! Some games are only worth playing for like an hour or less, but I remember Altered Beast and Golden Axe when it was the hotness in the arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sega of America-
    SONIC'S ULTIMATE GENESIS COLLECTION

THE LARGEST SEGA GENESIS COLLECTION TO DATE!

Take a trip back in time with over 40 titles from the SEGA Genesis™ era, including your Sonic The Hedgehog favorites, for only $29.95! In classic single-player and multiplayer battles, you’ll take down a huge variety of enemies, including Sonic’s nemesis Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik), shuriken-flinging ninjas, hordes of altered beasts and the world’s greatest fighting champions.

FEATURES:

• THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF CLASSIC SEGA TITLES. All the favorites are here including Sonic The Hedgehog, titles from the Phantasy Star™ series, as well as three titles from the Streets of Rage™ series, to name a few.

• UNLOCKABLE CONTENT. Unlock arcade games and interviews with the original game developers as you earn Achievements on the Xbox 360® and Trophies on the PLAYSTATION®3.

• ALL TITLES UPGRADED TO HI-DEF. The classic 2D style never looked so good! Each of the titles has been converted to hi-def (720p) and will be a blast to play using the intuitive controls of the Xbox 360® and PLAYSTATION®3 systems.

• MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS. Play these classics together with a friend from the same console at home.

GAMES INCLUDE:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Alien Storm
    Altered Beast
    Beyond Oasis
    Bonanza Bros.
    Columns
    Comix Zone
    Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
    Dr. Robotnik's MBM
    Dynamite Headdy
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Ecco II: The Tides of Time
    E-SWAT
    Fatal Labyrinth
    Flicky
    Gain Ground
    Golden Axe I
    Golden Axe II
    Golden Axe III
    Kid Chameleon
    Phantasy Star II
    Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    Ristar
    Shining in the Darkness
    Shining Force
    Shining Force 2
    Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Sonic and Knuckles
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3
    Streets of Rage
    Streets of Rage 2
    Streets of Rage 3
    Super Thunder Blade
    Vectorman
    Vectorman 2

*Unlockable games to be revealed soon! (Phantasy Star)

Worldwide on 2/11/09- $29.99 MSRP
    http://www.sega.com/games/sonics-ult...is-collection/
    I think this is great, $30 for 40 classic games! A few classics are missing that surprise me, but it's still a lot of stuff here. I'm definitely getting this.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 01-22-2009 at 11:27 PM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I always went a different way back in the day with video games.

After the Atari meltdown of the 80's and the 8-Bit era began, I had a Sega Master System instead of a Nintendo... They used to have a free help line for tips and cheats, 1-800-USA-SEGA. We'll never see something like that again!

When the 16-Bit era began, I was the first to have a Turbografx16 and the last when Genesis slaughtered it. Then I got a used Genesis from a friend who bought a Super Nintendo.

I was also the first idiot around my neighborhood to have a console made by a company that had no idea how to make games and was supposedly doomed to fail by industry analysts, in a market dominated by Sega and Nintendo... I bought this thing called the Playstation, and the first games I had was Battle Arena Toshinden and NFL Gameday.

I think this is a great compilation by Sega! Some games are only worth playing for like an hour or less, but I remember Altered Beast and Golden Axe when it was the hotness in the arcade.

I think this is great, $30 for 40 classic games! A few classics are missing that surprise me, but it's still a lot of stuff here. I'm definitely getting this.
    Thats awesome. I always buy games like Midways greatest hits and the Sega Collections. Good stuff.

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Vectorman is worth 30.00 in itself...

Good buy Shazam!

6. The Following User High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The only game its missing that I would like to see is Gunstar Heroes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I remember when MK1 came out for the Genesis...I was jumping off of the walls. I remember Xmas day being so over stimulated switching between Street fighter on SNES and MK1 on Genesis with my cousins. Ahh Good times.

Shame that MK1 isn't included.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I wish there was more Master System games on there though, they should put out a collection of that too. The original Phantasy Star is unlockable, and an RPG inspiration that rivaled only FF and the original Dragon Warrior at the time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Also I saw screens of Space Harrier on the Site, I don't know if it's on there as unlockable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    I remember when MK1 came out for the Genesis...I was jumping off of the walls. I remember Xmas day being so over stimulated switching between Street fighter on SNES and MK1 on Genesis with my cousins. Ahh Good times.

Shame that MK1 isn't included.
    Midway Arcade Treasures has all 3 MK in arcade form, and games like NARC. Probably like $10 for PS2 or Xbox. I have it somewhere for Gamecube.

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

This would be really cool. I had an SNES, but wanted to play all of the games that were Sega exclusives. I don't care about the Sonic games, but to get to play through Phantasy Star would be awesome.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

15. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Phantasy Star, even the first one was simply great. It was the premier RPG series through that time, maybe even moreso than Final Fantasy at the time.

17. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Phantasy Star, even the first one was simply great. It was the premier RPG series through that time, maybe even moreso than Final Fantasy at the time.
    that was a classic game. i liked part 2 even more. the classic boomerang weapon that slashed all enemies on the screen.

19. The Following User High Fived jrelway For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

When Nei got killed fighting her twin (or whatever, I don't remember) that was one of the first shocks I felt of the chick of the party getting killed, way before Aeris in FFVII.

PSII was great. I'm getting this for sure. A lot of game for little coin.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I just picked this up with Onechanbara yesterday. Ultimate Genesis Collection (360/PS3) is $30 and a steal if you played these legendary games back in the day.

SEGA GENESIS/MEGA DRIVE GAMES-

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Phantasy Star II
    Alien Storm
    Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    Altered Beast (Genesis version)
    Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    Beyond Oasis
    Ristar
    Bonanza Bros.
    Shining Force
    Columns
    Shining Force 2
    Comix Zone
    Shining in the Darkness
    Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
    Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
    Sonic 3
    Dynamite Headdy
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Sonic & Knuckles
    Ecco: The Tides of Time
    Sonic Spinball
    E-SWAT
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Fatal Labyrinth
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    Flicky
    Streets of Rage
    Gain Ground
    Streets of Rage 2
    Golden Axe
    Streets of Rage 3
    Golden Axe II
    Super Thunder Blade
    Golden Axe III
    Vectorman
    Kid Chameleon
    Vectorman 2

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM/ARCADE GAMES (UNLOCKABLE)

Golden Axe Warrior
    Altered Beast (arcade version)
    Phantasy Star
    Congo Bongo
    Shinobi
    Space Harrier
    Alien Syndrome
    Fantasy Zone
    Zaxxon

Space Harrier, Shinobi, Alien Syndrome, Altered Beast and Zaxxon are the actual arcade games. These games are worth $30 alone. A great collection, IMO the best compilation disc out there. A whole lot of games at about 70 cents each.

22. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Alien Syndrome is not as fun as I thought it would be. I have found this to be the case in a lot of these games, which I should have expected.

Golden Axe isn't a good translation. It isn't even the Genesis version. I think it's one of the lesser remakes or the Master System version from an older Sega collection from PS2.

The arcade Altered Beast is good fun and I had good memories beating that again. It's way better than the Genesis version that is included. Why they include both, idk?

Arcade Shinobi is still fun and a perfect arcade translation. Plays exactly as I remember and better than the console versions of the time. Space Harrier is way better than either console iteration, and an arcade translation.

Waiting for my gf to help me unlock the original Phantasy Star.

Streets of Rage is still fun, but again proves to be the best Final Fight ripoff.

Why they didn't include Thunderforce 2, Afterburner, Wonderboy 2 or 3, Outrun, Herzog Zwei or Sword of Vermillion idk.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Oh, I miss outrun. Such a fun game.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information