Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lebron backs Bryant on remarks about beating 92' Dream Team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Lebron backs Bryant on remarks about beating 92' Dream Team.

So what do you think? I know my feelings on it but im curious how everyone else feels about this Olympic team vs the 92' team.

'http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...eat-1992-dream

LeBron James has joined Kobe Bryant in saying that he believes this year's Team USA Olympic men's basketball team could beat the 1992 Dream Team.
    "The '92 Dream Team paved the way for all of us ... We understand what they did for our game, but we also are big-time competitors as well, so if we got the opportunity to play them in a game we feel like we would win, too," James said.
    Personally, i remember watching a bit of history on the 92' team and how they lost to some college players in practice because they were unfocused. A day later they came back and annihilated that same college team. So to some degree Kobe and LeBron are right, if the circumstances were that the 92' players came in lazy and unfocused yea they could beat them. But if both teams came in focused and playing 100% i dont think this year's team would stand a chance whatsoever.

That team had some great great players, but a few of thei '92 team were at the end of their careers as well (much like Kobe)... so its hard to say. On paper, the '92 team is better. But I don't blame ANY player for feeling that they could beat anyone. Thats how they should feel. In a sense, that is exactly what Lebron is saying.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Confidence is fine, i dont have a problem with that but the reality is i just dont think they could beat them even at that stage of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Confidence is fine, i dont have a problem with that but the reality is i just dont think they could beat them even at that stage of their careers.
    Yeah, I agree. I also feel that the basketball game was different then. More team play instead of what we see today (although it was getting to the end of that era). Today, imo, is just BAD basketball.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

No way the current team would beat the 92 team. It's not even close.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think they need to shut up and win gold.

Then we'll talk.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I don't think whether or not they win a gold is relevant. Certainly not going to stop the reporters from asking the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Thats what people said about the Giants beating Brady and the Patriots in the Super Bowl... the FIRST time

12. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I don't think whether or not they win a gold is relevant. Certainly not going to stop the reporters from asking the questions.
    If they don't win the gold they can't even begin to be in the conversation.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If they don't win the gold they can't even begin to be in the conversation.
    Why not? How does winning the gold have anything to do with one team beating another....hypothetically? It doesn't.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Why not? How does winning the gold have anything to do with one team beating another....hypothetically? It doesn't.
    Touché,

But in my mind, if you can't win gold, you can't beat the best team ever assembled.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thats what people said about the Giants beating Brady and the Patriots in the Super Bowl... the FIRST time
    Not quite the same though. Impressive but not the same. With the NBA and especially the players involved your taking the best of the best vs a few great players and pitting them against one another. Its not like taking a NFL pro bowl team (if they took it serious enough) and playing the Giants.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Touché,

But in my mind, if you can't win gold, you can't beat the best team ever assembled.
    Perhaps...but that "best team ever assembled"... didn't play against the same opponents this team will, nor in the same era where the international teams have grown exponentially since that '92 team (and because of that '92 olympics).

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not quite the same though. Impressive but not the same. With the NBA and especially the players involved your taking the best of the best vs a few great players and pitting them against one another. Its not like taking a NFL pro bowl team (if they took it serious enough) and playing the Giants.
    No, its not the same thing. But people said that the game wouldn't even be close. That Patriots team had achieved an 18-0 record...thus being the "Greatest team" in NFL history based on the record. I'm just stating the old cliche' "never say never."

20. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I totally agree with this

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

22. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information