Thread: Where There's A Will, There's A Wade

Default Where There's A Will, There's A Wade

Where There’s A Will, There’s a Wade

The Dallas Cowboys are the best offensive team in the NFL, at the moment. They haven’t even played their fifth game yet.

The Cowboys are a team with a very fruitful and interesting history, but they haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1995. Something “America’s Team” aren’t very happy about.

3 coaches have tried to win “The Boys” another Super Bowl, Chan Gailey, Dave Camp and Bill Parcells all failed. But Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has found the man, he thinks, will do the job; and his name is Wade.

Many thought that Jerry Jones only hired Wade Phillips as coach of the Dallas Cowboys, so Jerry Jones could have full control. Wade Phillips is a fairly soft character. Many thought Wade Phillips was only going to stay in Dallas until Jerry Jones could find someone better. Those who thought that appear to be wrong, or maybe Jerry Jones is just extremely lucky.

Wade Phillips has never had a truly successful coaching career, he has never done well in the playoffs. He’s had stops at many teams. But it appears Jones has faith in him.

"This team is best served now, next week, next month and next season by an NFL head coach with experience that knows the game, that candidly knows the personnel that are playing the game right now," Jones said the day Phillips was hired.

Jones faith looks like it could pay off. The Dallas Cowboys look like one of the best teams in Football, they look like the best team in the NFC.

Being able to move the football and score points has been key; the Cowboys currently lead the league in average points scored per game, scoring an average of 37.8 points per game. In fact, Tony Romo is averaging 9.9 yards per passing attempt, and that leads all Quarterbacks. His 11 TD’s to 3 INT’s is also very impressive, although his pass completion percentage is down from last year. The Cowboys formidable offense is still missing Terry Glenn, who could possibly be back for the end of the season. He will only make the Cowboys offense better, now that’s a scary thought.

Although Romo is playing like one of the best Quarterbacks in the NFL, he hasn’t silenced his critics yet, only success in the playoffs will do that for him.

Keeping Terrell Owens in check is also helping the Cowboys a lot. The Cowboys have received 104 receptions in 20 games for keeping TO in check, as well as 16 receiving TD’s.

Obviously, Marion Barber and Julius Jones are helping out the Cowboys a lot as well. A solid running game opens up the pass. Marion Barber and Julius Jones have completely different running styles, but they are both affective. Marion Barber has had the better start to the season, averaging 6.4 yards per carry, the league average is 4.4. If anything, giving the ball to Marion Barber more than to Julius Jones will make things better, Marion Barber is running significantly better, and he can take more of a beating.

The Cowboys also have a solid defense, and the return of Terrence Newman will only boost the Dallas Cowboys defensive game. The Cowboys offense being able to control the clock also helps the Dallas Cowboys defense a lot. The Cowboys are going to need help with the pass rush, DeMarcus Ware is an outstanding player but they are weak to the other side of the linebackers. Anthony Spencer could be the guy, but he is young now and he needs time to improve. The Cowboys remain solid against the run, and are 7th best in the league against the run. Tank Johnson will improve the defense, but his signing caused a lot of controversy in Dallas, he is another player, as well as Terrell Owens, who the Cowboys will have to keep an eye on.

Overall the Cowboys are not doing much wrong; pass protection could be a bit better but Romo is mobile and can sneak out of sakcs. The pass rush could also be worked on a little bit, but the dominant offense more than makes up for it.

The Cowboys play the Buffalo Bills tonight on MNF, Wade Phillips used to coach in Buffalo, and it was actually the team where he had the most success.

But the Dallas head coach insists tonight’s game is no big deal, “I enjoyed being there, that’s about it”

“Well, you know, it’s not another game, I guess,” he said later on in the day. “I have great memories there and all the people there I consider friends.”

The real question now is; “Can the Cowboys really win the Super Bowl?”

Where there’s a will, there’s a Wade.
    Last edited by Retired_Member_001; 10-08-2007 at 04:24 PM.

The Cowboys are still 5-0, but so much for me hyping up Romo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre Bly

Just comes to show that all those loses that we blamed on Jake over the years weren't all his fault.

Boy were we spoiled. And look where it's got us.

4/29/06<333333333333333

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I cant believe they came back and won that game
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

It looks like this article has cursed the Cowboys. Two terrible performances from them.

Because I've got this bad throat virus I wont have my next article up untill tommorow or Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    It looks like this article has cursed the Cowboys. Two terrible performances from them.

Because I've got this bad throat virus I wont have my next article up untill tommorow or Wednesday.
    Please right about Pittsburgh for us

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Please right about Pittsburgh for us
    That's what I wanted to right about actually.

I wanted to do a preview of the game, because I think it will be a very BIG game. Going 2-4 means our season looks very bad but with a 3-3 record there is still hope.

Look for an article out in the next few days.

By the way, I think Mike Tomlin is a GREAT coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

What kind of excuse is that - its not like you have to READ the article to us - you dont have a finger virus do you - sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    What kind of excuse is that - its not like you have to READ the article to us - you dont have a finger virus do you - sheesh

*cough* *cough*

*cough* *cough*
    maybe this will help lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information